Major Announcement... Shane Dabbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Announcement... Shane Dabbs

As I have been mentioning here and there for the past 6 months I need a break from the haunt industry. In fact I posted at the top of the Darkness Tour Update threads back in November if you go back and read it... I said something to the effect that after this tour coming up I was going to leave for a while and take a break.

I am going to resign from the board of HHA because I believe in its future and I've asked Shane Dabbs to take my place. He has agreed to take my place and pending board approval Shane Dabbs will serve out my term on the HHA board.

We all know Shane Dabbs is a straight shooter like myself and I've asked him to report to the whole industry what HHA does or is doing for your benefit. I rid myself of working on the HHA website, I am currently heading up no programs in fact I headed up NO programs this whole entire year.

I have been the least involved board member... I have taken on too much work developing new websites, rebuilding my haunts for these tours, coaching all my kids little league baseball its just taking a toll on me...

I have never done anything but supported HHA and I will continue to do so!

Just not from the board to prove once and for all the board of HHA runs HHA and HHA is a good thing for our industry. The bottom line is the other so called association has failed on every single level up and down the hill and it seems to me this latest attack is coming from their desire to see HHA go away but if I step away and HHA continues to produce one success after another no one can say anything to me or use me as a target to attack HHA.

If you can't beat them target someone and attack them... this is what this is all about and I refuse to go along. I will step down effective March 29th and I specifically ASKED SHANE DABBS to take my place. Shane is a STRAIGHT SHOOTER not a yes man no man person... if you don't believe me believe Shane. He will tell you the things HHA is doing and the good things it will achieve.

There is nothing else I can step back from not the website, not the board, not anything so now what do you have to say?

I say join HHA and let Shane Dabbs report to everyone what is going on.

There is nothing to hide nothing to shy away from HHA is great and Shane will be able to tell everyone the good the bad and the ugly if there ever is any. I need a break from the whole industry.

Shane additionally has agreed to help moderate my forums, I will also ask Kelly Allan as well... sugar and spice! LOL

I look foward to seeing everyone at the show.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Thank you

Well, Larry I want to thank you for everything you have done. I know you have been out front pushing this industry to make it better not only for haunters but for people who love going to haunts and for that we all owe you a great thanks. I also can't thing of a better person to step up to the plate then Shane. I have no doubt that Shane will do a great job.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I think Shane is a great job and I'm sure he will do a wonderful job.
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Larry,
        Thanks for all you do and glad you are wise enough to know when you need a break. Shane, Good luck herding cats buddy!
        Allen H
        (Larry that is an honest heartfelt thank you, you work hard.)
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Me Yow.....
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Yay for Shane!!!! You da man!!!!
            O'Shawn McClendon
            Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Larry, you are very outspoken and I have learned a lot from you and this forum, everyone here, all the supporters and non supporters. It's been a great experience for someone newer to the industry. I think you do a wonderful job. I respect your forward no nonsense attitude.

Relax with your family and enjoy your time off. You kids will only be that age once. Family comes first! We will miss you for the moment, but you will return with a breathe of fresh air.

As for Shane, boy of boy, your plate is full buddy! Good luck!

Comment

Larry - I applaud you for taking a break because that is one skill I do not have and I envy that ability. With all that you do, I am proud to say I am one of your actors!

Shane - Good luck! I know you will have all the support you need and you will definitely excel at this. Let God guide you and nothing will get out of hand. And remember to give yourself time off too, here and there. Congrats!
                sigpic

Comment

If there is one person to get something done....let it be shane...and I have faith that you will be able to work some of these crazy things out! Thanks for stepping up man!

Larry- A much needed break...thanks for all that you do as well...

Kale

Comment

There was an HHA meeting last night and Ben Armstrong is no longer a board member, and I resigned effective after the tradeshow or until Shane is officially voted in, which I hope is soon.

I love Shane I really do... I think with Shane you know without any doubts there won't be one scandal, one mistake that Shane wont' correct or simply expose. I realized that I can't do anything right good or bad, I'm a lightning rod for whatever. I will do more good for HHA from a far than in the middle.

There are too many people who want to stir the pot, cause its problems. see that is fails, and so they turn their venom on me personally and use me as a reason to bail on HHA. They say this or that about the website, I'm no longer involved with that either, and now that I'm off the board they can't say a word about that too.

Bottom line is HHA is working, and if anyone wants to make it better JOIN and RUN for the board... I give Shane and the rest of the board all my support!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Guys

Were all going to see this ship through the storm. I will say had Ben not taken the lead and Larry asking me to step in and help out I would not have did it. I will as I am sure all the board members will hold on tight and make this thing work. I have an email in to John to see if I might can help mend the fence and get his magazine back on with all the other great ones out there. If he chooses that's great if not then maybe in time , actually I think hes going to need more time but who knows. Again I want to say thanks guys for putting your own money and hard work into this and we will not let you down you had a vision and one way or the other were going to see it through for EVERYONE! Shane and its you have my word on that! Shane this time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for stepping up Shane! If anyone can unite people it's you. Some amazing accomplishments were made in just one year. Larry had a great vision for the organization and gave it the support it needed to get off the ground. Now that it is up and running with a great group of new board members and Randy as president, it's the perfect time for you to step in and keep it on track. Like you said, it takes time to iron everything out but the HHA has a really strong foundation to stand on.

I will be able to help you out in any way I can with new safety pages, ads, banners or other graphics as needed as you go forward. I think you will find as with the first year everyone pulls together to make things happen. The haunted Attraction industry and all of our individual haunts will benefit greatly.

We are all behind you this year as you open Disturbia and take on this new role.

Man what a difference a year makes! So much has happened and nothing good ever comes easy. It's hard work but so worth it in the end. I know you will love this experience. I encourage all owners of haunted attractions to show shane and the new board their support by joining and participating in the HHA events or helping the board in any way needed.

See you at the party!

Eric
                        www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

How the !#$% did this happen?....Shane?..Larry,are you smoking crack?...Just kidding!...Congrats Shane...I'm sure you'll enjoy your new responsibilities...Larry,I fully expect your team to win the Little League World Series now...Hope you enjoy your new freedom,and I'm sure a lot of weight has been lifted off of you.Good Luck!...

Alright boss...Your next message ending sentence should read.... "And it's just when you thought my head could'nt get any bigger Shane this time"...LOL!!!!!

Comment

LOL Justin

Good one now go sit down! LMAO!! Eric thanks for your words of support. This is going to be a very trying year for me as I move away from what I have known and move into the unknown I am going to need you guys and gals more than ever! but remember if you need me I am there for you as well! Shane and its a nerve wrecked! Shane this time.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Shane congrats!! Behind you 100%
                              http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                              X