Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folklore will open in 2010!

Folklore Haunted House.jpg

Those of you whom I have met during the past few years know that I have been doing everything imaginable to prepare myself for opening a safe, successful haunted attraction. The time has now come to make the leap, and I have been able to do so by joining forces with Stewart (Shadowfax on this forum) and Kevin from Nightshade Manor (Mindwerx) to form Sleepy Hollow Productions LLC. Our haunt, Folklore Haunted House, will open this September, in Dallas Georgia. We have secured an 18,000 sq. foot stand alone building (a vacant Fred's retail building), and we are in the process of building our haunt. As you can see, Brainstorm Studios has got us off to a great start with the artwork.

Nightshade manor will relocate into our building, and will be transformed into the final section of the haunt. I have been fortunate enough to get involved with two great haunters, and together we intend to create a haunt that will do the this industry proud! During the past few years, we have visited and learned from some of the best in the business, including Shane from Greystone Manor, Ben from Netherworld, Tony from Spookywoods, and too many others to mention.

I enjoyed seeing some of the pictures that other haunters have posted during the last year of the progression of their haunt, and we want to do the same with Folklore. In the coming months, we will post pictures of our progress. It was amazing to see empty buildings transform into innovative and unique haunts, and I hope that we can now give back to the industry that we love so much by doing the same.

I want to thank all of you on this forum for sharing your wisdom with people like myself, and I can't tell you how much it has helped in preparing to take this leap.

Wish us luck, and we will see you all in a few days at Transworld!

Dewayne
    Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
    www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

In the beginning...

Here are pictures of the inside of the building before we started building.

Pre-Lease view of Front Left Side.jpg[ATTACH]Pre-Lease view of back wall.jpg[/ATTACH]Pre-Lease view of Ticket Window.jpg

The building is sprinklered, and the pharmacy window (bullet proof glass) will be the ticket booth.

More to come.
    Attached Files
    Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations

sigpic

Comment

First Walls erected

A haunt is not a haunt without those wonderful wall panels, so here are our very first ones.

First wall sections assembled.jpg

First actor scare area in cemetary.jpg

Second room complete.jpg

Progress-walls and beginning of actor hallway.jpg
      Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations

sigpic

Comment

Exciting! Great artwork they did for you!
        I'll have to come check it out this season. Best of luck!
        missjayne
        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Dewayne

Man oh Man aint this exciting! I know you have waited a long time for this and I am so proud for you guys! Congratulations!!! The artwork is amazing too! Good luck and I look forward to seeing this come together! Shane and its you got walls!!!!! Shane this time!
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats Danglin!!!

Nice art and logo, great building thanks for sharing!

DA

Comment

Always cool to see pics of a new haunt at its beginning. Congrats and keep posting pics as new stuff gets built...
              http://www.bigscaryshow.com
              http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Here is a pic of the outside of the building.
                Attached Files
                Kevin
                MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Looks great guys and I love the name and graphic -!

See you soon!
                  Ben Armstrong
                  NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                  www.Fearworld.com
                  www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Congratulations! Embarking on the journey with Kevin, a good guy and seasoned professional, will save you so much time and give you a wealth of insights. Have fun and thanks for sharing!

Kel
                    sigpic
                    Kelly Allen
                    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                    www.RaycliffManor.com
                    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I agree

Thanks everyone for your support!

We would absolutely love for any of our fellow haunters to drop by this season to give us your opinions and advice.

As many times as we head to Netherworld each year, it would be great for you guys to visit us! Your haunt has influenced Stewart and I in so many ways over the years, and it is truly one of the reasons that we got the urge to get into this industry. We feel very blessed to live near Netherworld (about an hour away), and I would encourage anyone who hasn't been there to go...It's unbelievable!

Kelly, you are absolutely right! Having someone beside you on this journey who has been there and been successful is priceless. He is a great guy, and having his haunt added to what we are building is going to going to create a very unique attraction. We have got a great team put together, and not only are we going to create a cool attraction, but we're going to enjoy the process!

Thanks again for the support, and we hope to see you all this season, if you can fit it into your schedule.

See you all next week,
                      Dewayne
                      Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations

sigpic

Comment

Great pics Dewayne! We will start driving our first nails of the season as soon as we get home from TW. Hope we get a chance to meet in STL and I can't wait to check out the haunt this fall!
                        Come see what lies BENEATH!
                        www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

I noticed you are building the walls out of plywood. Why not OSB?

Comment

In my opinion, what you save on OSB you will loose in paint. OSB seems to soak it up more than plywood and the finish is smoother on plywood. Just my opinion. Thats why we use plywood.
                            Greg
                            Fearfest
                            Greg Allen
                            scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

The building looks great ! Best of luck!

Peter T
                              FS
                              Fables Studios
                              Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                              https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Working...
                              X