Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walls

Would it be safe or a good idea to do all walls with old wood pallots? I just thought this good be something to get for free or little cost.

Skids are hard to fire retard plus a real bitch to pull apart.

I have about 500 single and double-sided wall panels in my MN warehouse. Good price. Contact me if interested.

Doug.
    www.FrightProps.com
    [/url]
    www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
    [Google+] [YouTube]
    [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

I have done business with Frightprops and have had nothing but great experience. Actually I have an order in right now....if you want to buy walls, I would highly recomend.
      Greg Salyers
      Fear Entertainment

Comment

Not all pallets are created equal.
        Some have beautiful wood, some are as rough and skanky as you can imagine.
        Many around here are made from oak, very hard to nail, then it might split. Real heavy too.
        I was recently given some pretty nice pallet wood it came all the way from France as crates containing car parts, I don't know what I'm going to use it for, maybe I'll go into the "Side-Of-The -Road-Grandpa-Birdhouse" business? Not much competition there....hahahaha!
        "Look out you whittlers! Here I come!"
        (Featuring a secret room for Mr. Tuxedo so he can give birdies a good scare!)
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Pallets make some fun "Texas Chainsaw" type walls. But I would suggest that you build plywood walls 1/2 way up - as in lay a sheet of 4X8 on it's side - and then put the pallets above. It looks cool because you can see some things through the slats, but you can't see exactly WHAT.

It also keeps the plywood down where people would be 'feeling their way along' and the splittery pallets higher so they are less likely to be touched.
          ------------------------
          The child is grown, the dream is gone.
          I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

You can buy pallets with a fire and insect rating, they are treated for international shipment. Call a pallet company, yellowpages, and ask. They are not to much different in price.

Matt
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I love pallet walls! It gives a different feel to a haunt when you have solid walls and then suddenly everything goes pallet. We build our pallet walls by fastening two that are of equal size with 2 x 4s on each side. And not all pallets are created equal. As you will see in one of the pics, we scored several pallets that were 2' wide and approximately 8' tall. Perfect for many things!

Comment

Pretty pictures Empress.
                I would be tempted to paint some of those pallets black and white transforming them into key boards!
                Let the Music begin!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

its a good idea cause it seems like pallets find a way to reproduce when im not there.everytime i throw one away,2 more appear

Comment

It might make a nice room or two but I wouldn't do the whole thing that way. Just the way it looks, like someone put up a bunch of used pallets?

Pallets tend to be quite heavy compared to single sided walls If you weigh more than 230 pounds and it is all muscle go for it.
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

"230 and all muscle?"
                      All you need is a helper that is kind of "goosey" and a co-ordinated effort with the actual goosing.
                      "Ready, on the count of three, lift, 1, 2, (Goose!) 3!!!!! "
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Pallets are bad news! Not only very flammable and like another post said hard to fireproof. I wouldnt say they dont make very stable walls. They can be or become very wobbily. A run of the mill haunted house in my area uses nothing but pallets. They used to set up in an open field with no roof over this thing. Mother nature blew this thing over twice before they ever opened it one year. I would hate to be going through this thing on a wet and windy night! You may have to spend some money on plywood and 2x2's or 2x4's or whatever you decide on but it the long run it is worth it!
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

Wall materials

Hi, Everybody,

New to the message board and will be doing my first haunt this coming October. Wooden walls are a big taboo for the fire marshal and building code inspector here in Bensalem, Pa. I'll be doing the haunt in Philadelphia in the hope that the City won't create rules above and beyond the National Codes as Bensalem does. My question is: What materials (other than wood) have haunters used successfully? Cost, portability and durability are obvious requirements. I was also wondering if someone can give me a contact person with the City of Philadelphia who will actually return phone calls and respond to e-mails. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanx in advance.

Steve....
                          UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

i dont understand why wood is a taboo... Isn't 99% of buildings and houses made from wood? check to see if u can just fire proof the wood, otherwise use fire grade sheet rock just make sure it doesnt get wet!

Sean
                            Sean De Wane
                            ----------------------------------------------
                            The De Wane Asylum
                            www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

"Fire Proof" walls

Hey there,

The local Fire Marshal and Building Code Inspector have taken it upon themselves to create requirements which go above and beyond the rules and practices I'm sure most haunters are familiar with. After reviewing the National Fire and Building Codes, I questioned the alleged "fire proof" requirement. They both gave me pretty lame answers but still require steel studs and sheet rock. Two layers of 5/8" sheet rock. As a "mobile" haunted house attraction, I'm trying to come up with portable wall panels which will meet all code requirements. Even the fabricated ones.

For those who have seen my message posts on HAM's message board, there's a new response I've just written a little while ago. It will explain in better detail what haunters in my area are up against and what I intend to do about it.

Thanx for your input and interest on the subject. Unfortunately, we are subject to municipal ordinances (if they actually exist) and interpretation of the inspectors who are actually going through the haunts in an effort to confirm compliance.

Steve....
                              UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Working...
                              X