This week only 170.00 air cannon shipped free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This week only 170.00 air cannon shipped free

This week only 5 gallon air cannon 170.00 free shipping to us . Ready to plug intanks ship painted black..... Show special call864-934-6936 or email rockandtiff@bellsouth.net
    Attached Files

What type of valve do you use.

Comment

air cannon

high psi rated strickly for air, valve. some with 1/2 inch and some with one inch port

Comment

How is the valve attached to the tank??
        It looks like it is coming out of the end.
        If so that would mean you would be cutting into or welding onto the tank.

Why not just use the factory installed port?

If you cut into the tank you violate the integrity, not good since you are putting it under pressure
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I could make all air canon suppliers mad by telling you how easy and cheap they are to make!
          Dan Slatkin
          SlightlySick Illusions
          Our YouTube page
          SBE Sites the home of the $2 web site
          Our Sponsor

Comment

RockandTiff,

Do you carry your own product liability insurance?
            Kevin
            MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

air cannons

we have been building props for 15 years never had any problems. the welding we do on the cannons are professional with a welding tech thats been welding for over thirty years. if you go by the psi that we include when buying our cannons then they could work forever safe as can be. this is a cut throat industry where people try to hurt everyones buisness . i have 7 haunted houses and competition trys to hurt every one of them also. But we will keep being honest.......

Comment

Originally posted by rockandtiff View Post
                we have been building props for 15 years never had any problems. the welding we do on the cannons are professional with a welding tech thats been welding for over thirty years........
                I can appreciate that, as I too have built props for many years without incident. However when you start providing these props for the use by others you enter a whole different realm!!

If the air cannon you build for your own use is defective and hurts someone they sue you. If I buy your air cannon and someone gets hurts are they still going to sue you first???? No they sue me, so that's why MindWerxKMG is asking about product liability. Which is a question I doubt ANY Haunter asks any vendor before he places an order.

Some of the big boys like Scarefactory, Ghost Ride, Unit 70, etc carry insurance because they have dealt with major amusement parks and the like, which would require it. But you get some vendors that will build an air cannon and instead of using say a deltrol dump valve will modify a SPRINKLER valve because it's cheaper!!! Plastic sprinkler valves were designed for WATER at a max of maybe 70 lbs of pressure and they're using it for air at 100-120 lbs!!!! Sounds like an invitation for disaster!!!

I am sure your welder is experienced, and for your own purposes is way more than adequete.
                However air tanks have the components welded by certified welders and the tanks must be pressure tested before they are sold. As soon as you cut into them and re-weld they have lost ALL certification. And again if the weld failed or for the other vendor mentioned, the sprinkler valve explodes are you covered for a lawsuit???

It goes back to, you build it yourself, YOU are totally liable. IF you buy something, the fault shifts to the manufacturer. When people get on the boards or even buy a booth and tout they can provide something cheaper, do they have the where with all to stand behind their product?

Then I must ask, as a Haunt owner do I want to risk MY livelyhood because you haven't had a problem in 15 years!!

Rockandtiff, this is in no means a personal slam. You may be a very forthright person. It is just the thread that brings up bigger issues that TOO many Haunters take for granted. Just because someone can post here or buy a booth at TW it does not put a seal of approval on that person or vendor! There are some very reputable vendors out there, then there are those I would NEVER trust my livelyhood on!

We as Haunters tend too must to look at a price tag first when we should be looking at quality and the ability to protect ourselves first!!
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

air cannon

this is a professional air valve 145-150 max rating not a sprinkler valve.....

Comment

My thoughts exactly Rich! I will not purchase anything that could possibly maim or injure a customer or staff member unless the vendor I purchase from carries product liability insurance.
                    Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 04-16-2010, 05:42 AM.
                    Kevin
                    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by rockandtiff View Post
                      this is a professional air valve 145-150 max rating not a sprinkler valve.....
                      Hey Rockandtiff...we seem to having a failure to communicate!!!

I understand that you are using a real valve, which I commend.
                      You say you have an emperienced welder, again a good thing.
                      But as MindWerx understands it's a bigger matter of responsibility.

Haunters too often get overwelmed by something "cool" or something "cheap".
                      But the bottom line is no matter how cool or inexpensive something is,
                      it means nothing if it jeopardizes your whole business!

I think you really mean to provide a safe product, but that's why they call
                      things an accident!

Look at changes we have had with insurance for our events just over the last couple years.
                      Restrictions against using any hangman's noose because of hanging accidents, some won't cover any moving type floors and of course no touchng of patrons. Should purchased props or even self constructed props injure anyone what will be the repercussions? Outlawing all animations, all air cannons, all effects????

Vendors have to take the lead and start providing product liablity insurance. Haunters have to realize it is a cost of doing business and adds to the cost of a prop. So an air cannon that costs $50 more and has insurance is the better deal in the long run. Props that use inferior or inappropriate materials should be shunned and NOT purchased only based upon price!!

This is one of the dictates that the Haunted House Assoc. has undertook, safety within and protection of the Haunt Industry.

If indeed you wish to persue building props and it appears you do have a safe product, look into obtaining product insurance. If it adds to the cost, PROMOTE the fact you carry liability insurance. Haunter's need to start understanding that having such coverage is just as important as the materials used.
                      R&J Productions
                      Las Vegas, NV
                      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

air cannon

i have already submitted for the liability on our props but the fact is any one including someone who never has built a prop before can get insurance because its all about money not the safety.. i will spend the money to do everything by the book. but everyone knows that its up to the builder to make everything safe, and i will never put a dollar in front of safety , lifes to short

Comment

Working...
                        X