Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scariest Animation EVER BUILT...

Couple things...

One wanted to mention that Halloween Productions, Inc. was the first company ever at Transworld building air driven scary animations. Yes its true! Distortions was really the first to do motorized scary stuff, and Eric Prinze and some other companies did talking animations but we built the first all air driven animations intended to scare people at the show back in OMG ummm 1996 maybe.

Well we stopped selling animations like a zillion years ago... we now mostly buy them from whomever has something cool. Well we started building them again for ourself the past couple of years.

You saw the SWAMP HOUSE... you loved that last year.

This year we've topped that... I think we've built the SCARIEST animation EVER created. If you come to the Darkness Haunt Tour you can see it first hand... it has a few bugs but we'll work them out. But in the meantime if you don't see this animation and say to yourself OMFG that was unreal that well I don't know what to say.

Look for the Barrel Wall and tell me that it didn't make you run for mercy!

LOL

Halloween Productions, Inc. is BACK building animations atleast for ourselves!!!!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

barrell wall was broke when i went through, didnt get to see it.

Comment

i have a video of it, it's not the best but it does have it in action.
      im leaving for out of town right now, so ill post it later this week.
      sigpic

Comment

The falling barrel wall never broke... we turned it off on the behind the scenes for about 30 minutes because it was hitting the sprinkler pipe and shaving it and well put a hole in it. OUCH!

We had to drain the system and then we turned it back on... the following day the sprinkler company came raised the pipe and installed a new pipe then we turned the system back on (friday afternoon).

It worked all night Friday.

Then on Saturday we had MORE people than Friday and the barrel wall stopped working because we didn't have enough air pressure... so actually what broke was the air pressure. If you noticed a lot of the animations in the attraction were going slow.

The barrel wall needs two more pistons to lift it in low air pressure situations, or it needs MORE AIR... I really felt bad that it did not run but half the night on Saturday.

I will get a GOOD video of it and put it on the site so you can see it.

I really apolgize but there was nothing really we could do to get it working on Saturday night. It turns out its part of a bigger overall problem which we plan to fix.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

i would like to see video for sure because I heard from people who did see it that it was great.

Comment

spinning tunnel / the darkness

hey Larry who did you go with for your tunnel vortex or did you guys build it your self awesome show so glad to finally meet you you are one hell of a genius

Comment

jim kelly

pushing the button to activiate the iron maiden prop with uncle larry inside (do you remember?)

Comment

A way to make them scary...

Have everyone looking at the device, it is activated, it moves slowly .."Oh, just "eye candy"...
                THEN it does a new and totally different movement seeming to come right after them!
                I made two different ones, they ran great for many years, all based off of used garage door openers.
                Every other part were common hardware store items, hinges, steel cable, roller skate wheels.
                I had the time, not the money to buy , so I built.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Scariest animation ever?

We couldn't make it to TW this year, and I really feel like I missed out on a lot great stuff. I was wondering if anyone could post some pictures or videos of the "scariest animation ever" that Larry has been talking about? I'm very intrigued.

Comment

is there any video of just the haunt(s) overall?

Comment

i didnt get to go but is this barrel wall similar to the house of shocks barrel wall they built last year?

Comment

Video

Here's the video I took. It's not fantastic, but it gives you an idea.

sigpic

Comment

o wow thats bad ass!!!

Comment

OH!

The barrels are trapped in a rack!?
                            I guessed it would be like one of those little toys with a steel cable run up through the barrels, make slack on the cable they all angle and seem to be falling, restore tightness to the cable they barrels all stand up straight again...
                            Using a containing rack you could place other items in the rack, like maybe Navy torpedos or depth charges? Or Dinosaur turds!!!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wow, that looks awesome and some what dangerous.
                              Originally posted by Fear Unfathomed View Post
                              Here's the video I took. It's not fantastic, but it gives you an idea.

Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                              X