Disney World party Dec. 2011 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney World party Dec. 2011 ???

Since many do not look down lower in forums I am posting this out of catagory. Seeing another thread about what do you do in off season and many said there is no off season; I propose this. Lets plan on a Disney World get together in Dec. 2011. Would plan during first two weeks of Dec.; but avoid time when pop warner football tournaments and cheer leading tournaments are there. I have connections with a suite hotel I have advertised for for years about 5 minutes from Disney main gate (3 beds and full kitchen for about $60). Or suggest a block of rooms at a value resort probably $90 a night. I am a Disneyholic and would put this together if anyone interested. If enough twist my arm I would set up for Dec. 2010. Of course the rich ones in group welcome to book rooms at Grand Floridian or other Disney Hotel on monorail line to Magic Kingdom. Thinking having a very loose touring of four days but a few key meeting times like Haunted Mansion. Any takers??? I know Califonia Disneylands Haunted Mansion is better than Florida during Dec....but rest of Florida's parks trump California. Or is somebody going to out do me and sugggest a yearly event that hits Florida odd years and California even years.

2011 could work but Its hard to fly anywhere outta chicago during Dec. You never know what will happen. but i will def think about it.
    Fables Studios
    Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
    https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

when does the holiday Nightmare haunted mansion event end each year? Thinking about going down for that this year. My wife is beyond obsessed with Nightmare Before X-Mas, and after seeing the tour of it on Blu Ray, she will not rest till we see it in person. That might be cool to see yearly for sure as they change it each year.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

after transworld and the upcoming national haunters convention

who's got the money for that? buy some lottery tickets and hope.

Comment

Wicked... I think we could do either year on that... I would rather do it this year, just cause I've been wanting to go for forever.

It all depends on if we can open this year, and I should know that within about 2 months time
          Brad Bowen
          Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
          www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

California has the nightmare before christmas in the haunted mansion. Went there year before last. Had a blast!! I am not sure about Floridas haunted mansion. Count me in. I love either California or Florida Disney both are wonderful!
            http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Florida does not have Nightmre Before Christmas theming in haunted mansion...yet. Did California during Christmas of 2008 and pleasantly surprised at crowd level. NEVER EVER do Florida after Dec. 20ish till Jan. 2nd...unless the "more the merrier" is your motto.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck weber View Post
                who's got the money for that? buy some lottery tickets and hope.
                I never buy lottery tickets. Scratching them is too fast. I rather plant a field and bitch all year "its too wet...its too hot...its too dry" before I know if I am a winner or a loser... lol.

Comment

Talked with Disney today. With advance notice a block of rooms on site is no problem. Egads; what have I started.

Comment

Ironically, I was talking to the wife about going this year and taking the kids. Unfortunately, we would be going between Christmas and New Years as the kids are still in school in early December.

People that we've talked to said that the last week of the year is a perfect time to go...crowded or not.
                    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by wickedfarmer View Post
                      Florida does not have Nightmre Before Christmas theming in haunted mansion...yet. Did California during Christmas of 2008 and pleasantly surprised at crowd level. NEVER EVER do Florida after Dec. 20ish till Jan. 2nd...unless the "more the merrier" is your motto.
                      Im pretty sure they did have it at one point in Florida, but unsure if they continued every year, as I had friends down there that went to it one of the first years, unless they were super confused...lol.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Count me in since I already go to WDW once or twice a year.

I will be there this October already book too. And with a special tour behind the scenes of you can guess what.

So 2011, count me in.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                        http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                        "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                        http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

I'm already planning on going for a weekend with my wife and son the first weekend of December. I need to use my Disney timeshare points.
                          sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Saw something posted higher up about 'kids in school" so going between Christmas & New years. My suggestion for what it is worth. Anyone in this boat get a copy of Unofficial Guide to Disney World and read about this time period. For younger kids I am inclined to take them out of school a week early if possible. Usually not as critical for younger kids missing class, much less crowds, hotels much cheaper on Disney in early Dec. vs. Christmas break AND for last couple years Disney sweetens the deal with free dining during that time period. No guarantee on free dining but with unemployment numbers I say there is a good chance. Don't even think about getting that offer during Chrismas break! High school students...tougher call. While older kids can handle bigger crowds all day at Disney much better than elementary kids can...older kids can't handle missing class as easy as little tykes.

Anyone considering Disney; even if not part of my crazy idea see www.mousesavers.com and look into getting a Disney Visa card from Chase. Disney Visa gets you 1% on all purchases for Disney. No blackouts No annual fee. Sometimes even higher % promotions; right now 3% on gas groceries, dining and airlines till July. PLUS any promotions Disney does for general public, Disney Visa members get advanced notice. Things like free dining, room promotions etc.

Yes I am a Disney addict. After farming 80-100 hours a week may - mid November what better place to take family when you live in Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                            X