Clash of the Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clash of the Titans

Comes out tonight at Midnight... who's going to see it? If you go give some details and reports. Was one of my fav movies as a kid so I'm really looking forward to it. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

got a bootleg allrerady...........

serving time

Comment

Ya the movie is pretty cool! Dont remember how old I was when it first came out. Man that was a long time ago. I want to see the new one though. Should be a good updated version of it with the 3-D to boot. Probably go see it sometime this weekend.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

the collector

was much better

Comment

From the reviews that are coming out on "Clash", "How to train your dragon" sounds like a much better film.

Comment

Man, I cant wait to see this movie!! I really wanna see what they did with the Kracken creature.

And I like Liam Neeson too.... Hope its worth the wait!!!
            I'll go see it tomorow afternoon for sure
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Looking very forward to this, always loved it as a kid. Although the effects were a little sketchy it gave it part of its charm, hoping they dont ruin it with over CGIing everything.

While the technology has gotten much better it is still way overused. In watching a behind the scenes of Legend recently, Ridley Scott said it best that an FX guy on Alien talking to him about an effect they needed to do asked "can we do this live?" he replied: "yes! you cant get any better than live".

Whenever possible I always prefer seeing practical over digital effects, in the same way in haunts I like makeup over masks. It may just be a deeper appreciation for the art behind it, but technology has gotten ahead of itself with some things. While CGI is useful to hide wires and put people in certain fantasy worlds, there is no need for cartoon blood and things like that....you can almost always tell, and there is no way it can be cheaper than a gallon of Karo syrup, a garden sprayer, and a mop.

Just my two cents on the topic...semi off topic.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I think a well balance of makeup and cgi works. Same with haunted houses half makeup, half masks. Just my opinion. Not a big fan of all cgi either but if its done well you dont really notice as much. I think this will be a great movie for cgi. Compaired to what they had to work with back for the old Clash of the Titans.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Got a pre-view at a theater here.

It sucked.

Blurry CGI FX, boring story, lackluster cast over all. It was trying to hard to be epic.

BOOO.

Buy the original with awesome Harry Haus. FX on Blu-Ray way better.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                  http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                  "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                  http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

I was looking forward to this movie as well, but it's getting killed on the reviews. They actually delayed the release a year to "convert" it to 3D, which apparently was a bad decision. Movies have to be specifically shot for 3D... take these quotes from a review at http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44470:

Originally posted by Aintitcool
                    Above all, this stands as THE defining moment we watched 3-D actually destroy a film and stand testament to the terrible, terrible idea of adding it in post-production. It is an effect so bad that it is all most of us can talk about. I know half a dozen critics who watched half of the film blurry rather than subject themselves to the torment of this bastardized hack job of a 3-D render; the rest of us suffered in silence, occasionally checking out the shot composition by lowering our glasses for a moment, repeatedly. How bad is it? See it in 2-D if at all possible. Do not, under any circumstances, watch the 3-D version of this film.

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
                    www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
                    Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Go see "Train your Dragon" for a good time.

Comment

I dont really like watching movies in 3D period. The last one I watched was Joureny to the Center of The Earth. and I dont plan on seeing another one.

But, you can tell when a movie was meant for 3D though. When I saw Avatar, I was dissapointed at first cause you could see the blurriness of the actors heads. I could tell that it was shot in 3D and then tuned down to 2D. Besides that little part, I thought the movie was badass and dont have any problems with it.

I will go see Clash, and hopefully I can find a theater thats showing it in 2D.
                        Brad Bowen
                        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

YESSS, the theater I have near me has it in 2D. Going to see it Monday!

Comment

Saw it...

Wasn't great. Basically everything more or less from the original has been mixed in one way or another. The whole movie seems to happen like really quickly, like one minute they are fishing and the next they are fighting the Kraken. It was kind of like shove everything you can including the kitchen sink into the movie as quick as possible.

The special effects are kinda cool but not super awesome. The fairy man was pretty cool...

Would I see this movie yeah I would because I like any movie like this, if you are one of those people who only want to see something if its totally 100% worth it I would wait for DVD.

I almost want to say the original is better.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Man this sucks I was looking forward to this. Now Im debating paying the $9.50. I think thats really high just to see a 3-D movie. But thats just what I think.
                              Damon
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X