No announcement yet.

IAHA and HHA have officially merged!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAHA and HHA have officially merged!!!

I just received word that the merger is official!!!
    '
    '
    '
    April Fools!!!

:

Good one Dark! You had me going for a minute.

Comment

Lol! Funny!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Good one. I also heard Hanfadomas predicted his next prediction would be WRONG! LOL

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

In all seriousness, I think we will see this happen in the near future...the two organizations are almost identical, and is a logical move...
          Dan Faupel
          www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
          www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and it is not April 1

So,
            The IAHA has announced the merger this morning and I expect to get news from my HHA member newsline.

I think that the industry groups have recognized that the best outcome can be had by ONE group. The resources and people are limited despite all of us thinking we can conquer the world by ourselves.

I support the merger.
            Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
            Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JamBam View Post
              So,
              The IAHA has announced the merger this morning and I expect to get news from my HHA member newsline.

I think that the industry groups have recognized that the best outcome can be had by ONE group. The resources and people are limited despite all of us thinking we can conquer the world by ourselves.

I support the merger.

According to the IAHA newsletter, it is still up to the members for the final decision, but I dont see it in any way being a bad thing or not getting voted in favor of...may just get a tad hairy with people who have paid into both? It can definitely make for some greater industry efforts and functions in my opinion.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I'm glad to hear that IAHA has disbanded and will merge with HHA... starting an all new association with a focus on JUST haunt owners and operators.

I hope good things happen.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

The HHA is working with IAHA to help take this industry to a more respected, professional level. As talks continue updates will be made to memberships and the industry but all are optimistic.

Personally, I don't think there has ever been a better time than now and in the near future to be a Haunter!

Thanks,
                  Allan
                  Last edited by MDKing; 08-20-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Here's to a successful merger and good things down the road...
                    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

This is wonderful news and I think having everyone working together with one organization will benefit us all.
                      Katie Lane
                      Partner/VP
                      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Disbanded?

Nice jab Larry. Maybe the HHA saw it wasn't as sustainable as the salesman told them it was. And maybe some say it is the other group that is disbanding. Either way, KNOCK IT OFF LARRY! Go back to your corner. LOL

Bottom line, there are definitely cooler heads from both groups that have seen good possiblities and sat down, worked this out, and will make a smooth transition to a new era.

Here's raising a glass to toast to the happy couple (IAHA & HHA).

www.Hysterium.com

www.hysteriumescapes.com

sigpic

Comment

Knock it off and go back to my corner... LOL

Those are fighting words! LOL

I don't know all the details I'm just saying I'm happy to hear IAHA is disbanding and merging with HHA. IAHA could have NEVER made it because of all the negative things that have happened with it over the years. IAHA was associated with mostly failure!

It was going down the tubes no matter what...

Look that isn't a JAB that is the TRUTH!

But let me stop for a moment and say this... this industry has shown little to NO intentions of supporting an association no matter who runs the thing. I hear the new cost now is going to be $250.00 per member, and lets be honest unless you are getting something that someone can show will help your business top to bottom very few will sign up either way.

So it won't matter either way really. I think HHA tried very hard to make some real benefits, but despite all of their hard work, very dedicated hard work only 125 people are so joined. IAHA was in the same exact boat.

There is NO ROOM for two associations no matter which one is better than the other one just NO room! Lets look forward for a second here... now that there will be ONE association lets hope something can be done to create real directions and benefits and from there haunt owners will join and contribute.

I said from the start IAHA needed to go away... I owned the URL HauntedAttractionsAssociation.com and I dropped it so these guys could buy because I did suggest they change the name to HHA (Haunted Attraction Assocaition). If they could both fall off the tree and start as one this would be the best new name of an industry association.

So the new name will be in fact Haunted Attraction Association.

I think this is the perfect name, and the perfect new start but lets make no bones about it even with only one association it will still be an up hill fight to win over haunt owners when you ask them to pay $250.00. Me personally I think its the fair price but for a skeptical industry who knows.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Tsk tsk tsk Larry

The first thing Larry is that while you are no longer a supporter of IAHA, you were on the board, the president, and often, the antagonist. But, you moved on and YOU sold HHA as an alternative, and mirrored the HHA after the IAHA in most of the same areas, except for the concept you pushed of the "owners/mgrs" running things. The IAHA did change to use the same premise in the organization leadership recently.

International
                            Association
                            Haunted
                            Attractions

Haunted
                            House
                            Association

Haunted
                            Attraction
                            Association

Looks to me that IAHA + HHA + HAA is possibly derived more from IAHA than HHA. Maybe they are dissolving HHA.!? LOL

Once again Larry, your biases seem to skew your opinion. (just like all of us LOL) The negativity on this site from its world owner does not necessarily make the balance in the universe shift much in any direction, either. LOL

One thing this industry oraganiuzation DOES need is ONE voice or source of industry information that is not biased, favored, or skewed from non-disclosed unmentioned conflict of interests. And any and all copy cat sites that seem to try to do that should be shut down if it is not the official site.

Thanks for the chance to pull your chain for a while. Sounds like you are once again raising the bar with the LEMP Brewery. Just don't forget the family as you said a few months ago.

www.Hysterium.com

www.hysteriumescapes.com

sigpic

Comment

It seemed like for awhile people had a negative outlook on both IAHA and HHA earlier in the year. I recall there being some problems and I recall some people leaving HHA. Do we want to discuss that or do we just want to let this whole thing die? Oh and LOL so we are all still being friendly.
                              Last edited by mindtumor; 08-19-2010, 01:33 PM.
                              Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                              X