Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffalo Badlands Progress: The Barn is Going UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Badlands Progress: The Barn is Going UP!

For this year's final outdoor home haunt installment of Buffalo Badlands, we are adding several new, key elements:
    1. Largest ad/marketing campaign we have ever done
    2. A Que line video chronicling the story of the curse, "EVIL"
    3. A roof on the dungeon
    4. A mausoleum
    5. A miniature BARN!
    6. A movable fire pit for The Cult
    7. A full Jungle house
    8. An RV in The Campsite
    9. A possible walk-through Swamp House
    10. A HUGE UFO in The Swamp
    11. And our first fluorescent illusion/maze house(We didn't get to this one last year)
    I will be posting all the details and pictures as we go on.
    Mike Cirrincione
    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
    MAC Productions presents:
    Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
    Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
    Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

And this is a Home Haunt?!?!?!

Sounds great!!

Keep us posted!!
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Looking forward to the pics, I love seeing build pics.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

How are things progressing?? Your original post sounded very interesting and complex for a home haunt!!

Comment

Hahahah! Yes, I am indeed a home haunter! This year is the final year of Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor so, we have to go out HUGE and put an indelible mark on our name for our customers and the industry so that when we open Pandora's Box...peeps be excited! I will be getting a few HD (1080p probably) videos of individual acts, effects, scenes (barn, swamp+house and Crazy House...Delusions?) and the whole event on the rated-R night. I must explain the ratings for each night! We have had this problem for the last two years where we have only been able to do one night because of our actor's time constraints (teens and parents with small children essentially). So, I devised this plan where we can:
          A. Have a less intense night for the weak of heart
          B. Have a series of benchmarks to meet rather than set up the WHOLE thing for ONE night
          C. Solve the actor issue
          D. Be open for TWO weekends
          E. Have a very new show every night for those who want to and CAN come multiple nights because they're utterly horrified

Solution:
          October 22: Rated G - basic scene settings with white light wash
          October 23: Rated PG - Colored lights added and mostly completed scenes
          October 29: Rated PG-13 - Completed scenes, ALL effect lighting and half the acts
          October 30: Rated R - Complete scenes, pneumatics running, full staff, ALL EFFECTS and cameras rolling

This event will be and has been worked on by M&K Workshop...which exists physically now, XANA Creations and BrAiN Gren@de Studios.

As for the plans I've posted earlier this year, we don't have a legit BARN but, the barn scene is going to be inside of M&K. We are also, not doing a jungle house but, we might do some kind of Greenhouse. We WILL have a Swamp House, a path through that scene which completely leaves the Swamp to go to the UFO scene and returns to...Wolfraven Swamp! We WILL also have reeds, Cattails, Elodea and other Wetland plants driven straight into the ground for once plus, the swamp WILL be FULL. We lost the tree in the center of the swamp to a huge storm but, i think we'll change the path a bit over there so as to mitigate views of Mckluckin's Farm, Toxico Chemical Spill and South Creek Cemetary. We WILL have multiple crops other than corn represented in the Farm so, wait until you see this! Pumpkin Patch, a new meter for definitively placing the Cornstalks, a large square area in the center for a scarecrow, a rotten tomato patch, berries and a rabbit scare...all are ideas and most WILL be done but, the berries are likely not going to happen. The Mausoleum is going to be a fully foam carved piece and inside will be two scares: a drop panel for the ghost (this costume is AMAZING!) actor outside and a wall that splits to reveal a corpse. We WILL have a brand new foam carved archway, pillars, pedestals and a gate! We have a nice collection of large stuffed animals for inside...Delusion. We might just make it into a clown mutants type thing, don't know yet. And, I'm not making it a circus because you just came out of a Chemical Spill! Now, as for the Camp Site. I still need to find an RV but, we can easily get 6 families worth of camping supplies back there! The fire pile is already looking quite nice and we have a lot of ways to fuse the other, slightly farther features of the back backyard into the scene which WOULD give us 4 scenes which are around 1 sq acre! The facade is going to be a good one, we'll have it set up as the best Mansion front possible with LOUD, BASSIN' Nu Metal, Rapcore, Psychedelic Trance and Goa then, when you walk through the door, you feel that you're trapped inside a wooden chamber. The actor inside the tent will be set up as a depraved serial killer so, the effect and the act will fuse with the confinement. The scene starts with the wooden "box/cage" and complete darkness with just, the blare of...Disturbed and all of the sudden, you start hearing crazy voices...a strobe light goes on, the actor pulls open the front of the cage and chases you to the locked door which only opens after 15 seconds. At which point, the actor is breathing down the necks of the screaming patrons who basically trample each other into the front door! Woooooooooo! I don't know what I've left out but, it's going to be INSANE!!!!!!!!!!
          Mike Cirrincione
          Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
          AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Coming soon

Comment

WOW sounds AMAZING!!!!! Do you have anypictures you're willing to share? Thanbks for updating!
            *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

I now have the final FB events posted and here is the URL for our Rated R Night: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=130774976973833

We also have our final poster design and have a basic flyer for circulation which, I will be seeing tomorrow when my team comes over to set up the South Creek Cemetery and Toxico scenes, clean up the back deck, lay out the new paths for the Wolfraven Swamp and Mckluckin's Farm and put up the detail strips!
              Mike Cirrincione
              Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
              AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Coming soon

Comment