NHC or Hauntcon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHC or Hauntcon?

Which show are you going to...National Haunter's Convention or Hauntcon?? My daughter is graduating the first weekend of June, so I can't attend Midwest Haunter's Convention. Therefore, my last shot to go to another show besides Transworld will be one of these two that are on the last weekend of April.

I have been to a Hauntcon show before, but I have not been to NHC. Suggestions anyone? Is everyone partied out after Transworld, or are you like me and want more??? Let me know who is going to which, or if everyone is just staying home.

Thanks.
    Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
    www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

I'm going to try my best to make it to National Haunters Convention...a lot less in travel expenses as I am only a 6 hour drive away. Looks like it may be a little bigger too when comparing the websites.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Hauntcon bound for me...

Kale

Comment

national haunters convention

for me.... The shows get bigger and BETTER every year. You won't be dissapointed. Michael Bruner and his entire staff are very gracious hosts. Valley Forge, Pa (right near Philly) is the haunted destination that weekend.

Comment

I'll be going to NHC!
          Tim Bunch
          House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
          www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

I have been to two Hauntcons, and one NHC last year...both shows are smaller than TW, and I would have to say that Hauntcon is just a little bigger than NHC...if you are into the haunt tours, it looks like Hauntcon has more on its line-up including Universal Horror Nights...I had a lot of fun at both shows, and do not necessarily endorse one over the other, but I will be at Hauntcon.
            Dan Faupel
            www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
            www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

i heard that Leonard set up a tour of the new Harry potter world... that alone might be worth going to Hauntcon over any other show. I'll go with hauntcon.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I just visited Hauntcon.com and I must say I'm pretty impressed with what he's doing...now I want to say FIRST HAND why I would go to Hauntcon.

I got a behind the scenes tour of Tampa Busch Gardens last year by Robbi herself and it was amazing. If you miss out on touring these attractions you are making a mistake. They are just very well done and tons of haunts to boot... not to mention Tampa Busch Gardens is simply one of the best theme parks in America.

I also seen a bunch of haunts I've never heard of before being toured and honestly I'd love to see haunts I've never heard of because who knows what is in store for you. I do know about the Grim House pretty cool facade.

A dinner and seminars with Universal Studios that also sounds like a top notch offering...

Lastly nothing is better than a trip to Orlando. Personally speaking and I'm sure MANY would agree... how these two shows ended up on the same day is well pretty stupid on someones part. Its not really fair to anyone that people have to choose, pick sides, or whatever, but that seems to be the running theme for our whole industry, this being a prime example.

Either way because I have no choice but to choose...I'd pick hauntcon.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

NHC for me. It's a 25 min drive so it's an easy choice. it's jam packed with things to do at the convention. Great seminars and some great vendors. Come on down and let's have a beer. I'll be at the grave yard prop shop booth. The 2010 line is sick.
                  Tim McCall

Comment

After looking at their site(s) again, after Larry's comments, I stand corrected on the Hauntcon vs. NHC opinion I had originally posted. I was basing my opinion on the sites as of about a month ago in which there was a lot of question as to if Hauntcon was even happening as there was little to no info about most anything on their site.

I will probably still be going to NHC due proximity and to cost of travel, but the tour lineup and some of the vendors that are now signed up for Hauntcon are pretty appealing, and wish I could attend both. Would really like to get in on some of those tours at Hauntcon...price wise also seem very appealing. Can't do it all though as much as the learning and just general experience would be worth it!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Originally posted by jakprintsHAUNT View Post
                      After looking at their site(s) again, after Larry's comments, I stand corrected on the Hauntcon vs. NHC opinion I had originally posted. I was basing my opinion on the sites as of about a month ago in which there was a lot of question as to if Hauntcon was even happening as there was little to no info about most anything on their site.
                      That's because Leonard was stuck in London after being mugged.

I'll be at Hauntcon representing RFR make sure you come up and say "Hi"...
                      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

hauntcon bound

I'll be at Hauntcon in sunny Orlando repping for Rotting Flesh Radio alongside Badger, cant resist the weather and the beaches!!! Plus Universal and Islands of Adventure are hard to beat. Wish i could see the Midevil Weapons show at NHC though.

Jackie
                        Rotting Flesh Radio
                        “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Gonna be spending some time at disney and universal myself if anyone wants to join, hit me up!

Kale

Comment

agreed

So are we, we're going to the beach Thursday, Universal Sunday, Islands of Adventure Monday.
                            “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

RFR gang

frankly, you dissapoint me! national is the show (plus, it's closer to Wisconsin which is always a worry for you- distance.) please re consider your choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X