rain simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain simulation

i am trying to give the illusion of rain behind a window. i have tried a few ways but i cant seperate the drops to give it a very realistic effect. has anyone tried this before? any ideas or vendors are appreciated.

Three ideas come to mind
    #1 sound, sound will go a long way to selling that its raining outside, dedicate a sound and set of speakers for this
    #2 a projection along with sound ought to do the trick
    #3 ever see one of those rain lamps from the 70s? they use mineral oil running down a thin piece of monofilament, the smaller the hole in the top tank the longer it takes the oil to seep through and make a drop big enough to run down the line. a pump at the base returns the oil to the top.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

"Our Crops Are DOOMED!"

"Now it's raining oil!"
      Those pesky skeeterz won't like it much either!
      I was imagining a small spining turntable water could be dropped upon to then maybe fling the water against the glass?
      The turntable would need small scoops illregularly located across it..?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I used a mister system from home depot!
        Dan Slatkin
        SlightlySick Illusions
        Our YouTube page
        SBE Sites the home of the $2 web site
        Our Sponsor

Comment

I used a fountain pump last year to pump water through a garden hose to the top of a plexi glass window. I ran the hose along the top of the plexi glass and poked small holes along it for the water to seep out. I also plugged the end of the hose. I added thunder and lighting to make it all work. It looked good. People wanted to stay in that room to watch the cool thunder storm.
          Didn't someone once sale a video of rain running down a window. It could be done as video illusion as well.
          sigpic
          Louis Brown
          Owner, operator, and dish washer
          at
          DarkWood Manor

Comment

Or "Location" might do it?

Locate the rain room right under where most customers pee their pants.
            "Yellow Rain! It must be some military chemical toxic weapon!"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Depending on how heavy you want it to rain, we use a length of plastic rain gutter, seal ti at both ends, drill holes for rain to pour out. The water is recirculated via a second "catch" gutter below with a small water pump creating the circlular cycle. You have to play with the angle and tilt of the upper gutter, as well as the size pf holes. Throw in the appropriate sounds and lightning flashes and youv'e got it. One thing may help as well, backlight the rain and add blue gel, it looks more convincing.

Grab a mop, water goes were it wants too!

Matt
              Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I have never tried it but I think the mister or shower head raining down then in a distance have a oscillating fan blowing water onto the window may work for you. Also as Allen said a sound system of a thunder storm would be great to add to it.
                Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Hire Ken and put him in a pair of blue short shorts a yellow Tank top holding a garden hose with a mister top on it wipperoni...that should work
                  Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

For a nifty supernatural effect you can also throw a slow strobe behind it a strobe on dripping water at the right speed makes it appear to be dripping up.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

ken in a half shirt with daisey dukes on will work tater

Comment

Working...
                      X