Thanks to all for the heads UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to all for the heads UP

The reason im posting this is because this guy just does not quit. He threatens, harrasses and so on...so here goes.....

Nightscream/7floors of hell Rodney was trying to steal my creature. I was putting an emergency restraining order against him to stop sales. He was forced to stop sales. The tooling marks on the creatures face and body line up like DNA to mine. I will be sent a photo of the molds being destroyed. Rodney tried to do this to scarefactory a few years back and was sued by them. Rodney was having those Norton Auctions where he was selling all knock offs from scarefactory, Unit70, Distortions and so on. I have put him in his place. Stay away from this guy he is bad news all the way around.........He pissed me off so much I offered him a match in the ring at the next transworld....he bowed out of it

IF YOU BOUGHT THIS CREATURE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. HE CLAIMS HE ONLY SOLD 1. But I have had several e mails saying he has sold from 7 to 14 creatures.........

Thanks,
    John
    XtremeCreators LLC
    440 749 1018
    Last edited by xtremecreator; 04-27-2010, 02:32 PM.

To my understanding the person who sculpted the item was not yourself but another artist. Its also my understanding that this artist sold the mold to Rodney. I think you should contact the artist who sculpted the items and find out what is going on. Rodney simply bought a mold, he didn't steal the mold, he didn't hijack the mold, he bought it. I don't think the issue is Rodney I think there is more than meets the eye here.

I know artist sell molds all the time that is nothing new. What Rodney did with the mold looks different the animation is different and its painted different. Again I think the issue here is do you own the molds, and if so why didn't YOU have them in YOUR shop?

I don't think Rodney has done anything wrong by buying something he thought was available for sale. If you do indeed own them then you should contact the artist who had the molds to discuss.

I'm sure everything can be worked out here but there are three parties involved not just two.

As for getting into the ring... thats a good one. I don't think it has to go that far...

Question are you still selling your animation because I didn't see you at the show... let us know what you are doing now. Thanks Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

trash talker

You do nothing but talk trash!

I have respect for Larry and his web site so I'm not going to start anything on this professional message board.

I have received lots of calls today from customers and friends saying did you see what was on Hauntworld! and that this guy must not know you at all.
      to talk trash me, then to say you want to step into a ring and I backed down!
      Now thats funny!
      Any time any were pal!

Comment

Hey Rodney,
        Whats your email? I wanna get some price info on your vaccum form walls.

Thanks!

Comment

I got $1000 on Rodney!!!! Lol
          Tim Bunch
          House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
          www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

Facts

Larry I find it funny that you mention that it does not look like my creature but in the same breath you know they came from my molds.

You are so predictable. Anybody you stand up for is a thief. Keith, now Rodney. They are perfect for each other.

Rodney says he respects Larry so wont comment any further. He flat out tried to steal my creature, What could he possibly say? Respect has nothing to do with it. Rodney respects nothing.

I was trying to be a perfect gentleman with him until he turned into a PUNK. The only way a Punk understands is to stoop to his level of thinking , so I did.

I EVEN WROTE YOU AND STATED THAT IT ALL WORKED OUT FINE. YOU SAID GREAT!After that HE STARTED BEING A PUNK CALLING ME OUT.

Now the Facts:
            XtremeCreators and a few other studios use a common truck driver for pick ups and delivery. When the driver delivered my molds they were in bad shape. I told him to return it to the mold maker he should have never sent them in this condition. The truck driver took it upon himself to sell the molds to another studio(i wont mention the studios name because Rodney drug him into it) Rodney found out about the molds and convinced HIM to make him a creature for his "haunt only". Here in turn Rodney put the creature up on his line of new items and put it on the cover of his catalog instead of just using it at the haunt.

Now if any of you vendors out there had this happen to you what would you do?

I have been to unit70 about 20 times. If you go behind thier building you will see a stock pile of molds from Yogoth to army guys and so on. Maybe I should take them out of the garbage and produce them. Is this what all you guys look at as OK?

If this is ok with this industry then I will start producing gore galore, scareF, and whoever else. You think it will be ok with them when they see thier product for sale in my booth? Even better I have 5200.00 I paid you larry for the CGI effects... Can I reproduce those and sell them. Is this ok........Lets get real here.

This gets better. The studio that has my molds and I talked with was like a gentleman and resolved it in 1 phone call. He is a good guy. Rodney on the other hand wants trouble and hes going to get it.

Here is the letter from that studio that produced Rodneys so called creature WARNING HIM SEVERAL TIMES NOT TO DO IT.

hello there, i understand now there has been a mis understanding in the way of the rights of the monster molds i had purchased last summer, these molds wer delivered to my studios in terrible shape. i worked very hard to bring this awsome piece back to life, i made two statics for my haunt, a customer i just met last year [rodney] saw a pic of one i painted and said he would love to buy one set of skins for his big attraction in ohio, i told him the molds might get one more pull and there done, these are so large that i needed to break them asap for studio space, he said ok , closer to the show im hearing he wants to take this to the show , im in aw ! i told him , i have the rights to sell a skin or 2 before they fall apart,as far as i know,thats what i was told by john, but i told him that would more than shady sence this monster was already introduced years before , he told me , dont worry it will be fine , i will handle it, i said why dont we just create an original design, because i can sculpt this size creature in about 2 weeks or so, he said there is no time and i need to go to the show large, i said i dont think this is a good idea ,i thought this was for the haunt only, he said again dont worry ,i will handle the bs,, i asked rodney 15 times or more ,are you sure- lets just do a new design, it will be fresh and something new ,this will be fun , this one has been seen already , he said we can do that soon but im, still waiting on that deal, i lost $ on this deal anyway due to materials is a killer for this huge monster, i know now this is still your baby, no big deal to me at all , i will do whats right. i am a custom sculpture studio , with over 375 molds of my own work, 30+ fuller molds w/ no signed contract , and 12 hollywood studio molds purchased from original studios, i am up to my ears in mold .I have a great rep, ask anyone, i have supplied the industry with the best of the best for 15 years, this is a headache ,that i dont need , im sure right there with this, i have much respect for others , their creations and copywrites, i will end this problem asap and sledge the molds, they can go right in to the dumpster, no prob, they have made no $ here,only taking up tons of space, i tried to call you 2day 3 or 4 times, im sure you are a very nice guy , and i would be upset aswell, i now how it feels , i have people remolding my work in ,japan , mexico, australia, germany, and who knows where else, believe me i understand where you are coming from, just remember i was told these were our molds now , it seems some one has lied to me in a major way, where is the joy in creating a knock off, iam bieng told by dave(SF) now that rodney has done this before , i am trying to stay away from shadey people in this biz , but it seems like they are everywhere ! where is the truth- is there any one real left in this industry?? john let me know your thoughts, im a reasonable guy, best regards`

See he was warned several times and still went with it. IS THIS STILL OK?

Like I said there is alot more to this that just burys Rodney deeper. He continues to be a punk, threatening , so I called him out on it. He accepted then backed out. Now hes accepting again. Ok Lets do this! Lets get the logistics. You sign the paper, I will sign the paper and we will settle this. This is the way you want...fine

Larry you find that funny? Hmmm awhile back, I remember a match between you and we all know who........

Hey horrors, ill cover your bet of 1000.00. Would you like to raise it?

Xtreme
            Last edited by xtremecreator; 04-07-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Information

Xtreme,
              Just for my info, can you tell me if Rodney is the guy that has been working with Keith Korner and had a booth this year at Transworld? (some dancing granny?)
              Thanks

Comment

Slain,

I will only tell you what I know for sure and is fact. Keith produces all the vacuum form products for rodney. I suspect that Keith might do more for Rodney or even go as far as partners but I do not know that.

Thanks

Comment

okay now I know who it is...

I kind of knew that from Transworld last year.. Thanks.. Good luck in dealing with all of this shit. I don't understand why people can't come up with their own ideas instead of stealing others...

Comment

I don't want any part in this...but I do find it odd the unit 70 site and the xtreme creators site both open with "roots crawling" onto the screen...lol
                    Last edited by freak 'n' stein; 04-08-2010, 09:24 AM.
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

No, the item and booth in question was just outside the Darkzone. Rodney sells all those awesome vacu formed walls and animations.

Allan

Comment

If this really does turn physical I suggest you find an MMA gym and settle it there just in case you guys are serious about fighting each other. At least then someone is there to stop it if it gets out of hand. Don't forget to record it and put it on youtube. Um as for the post maybe it is just me but this sounds more like all of this needs to be going through lawyers at this point. I get the fact you are angry but on a forum there is no way to verify if you are just making these things up or not. If you own the rights to the molds exclusivly and have legal documentation or if you made them yourself then you need to take your case to a lawyer. Posting your frustrations on a forum like this just gets people involved who do not know the facts from either side and just creates a mess and more bad blood.
                        Proud to be able to work at
                        http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

XTREME,

Let me clarify for you... I'm not a party to your problem. I never really looked at your animation two or three years ago. I do remember as it looked to me was different not the same animation. I have put a video up online of this animation working. How about you put an animation of your prop working on line do you have one?

Secondly, my point to you is that Rodney apparently bought a mold, this is what we've all been told now. Again Rodney didn't break into a bank and steal it he bought it... so again I rationally tell you a fact... your beef is with the artist and no one else.

Your beef isn't with Rodney its with the artist who sold the mold to someone else. If you didn't pay that artist, or you owe him, or he has rights, you don't this that or the other I don't know. That is between you and the artist who created that sculpt and mold.

Yes or no?

What is the artist who sculpted and created the molds saying. That is all that matters. If he owns the sculpt and molds he can do whatever he wants with them. If not then you have a point. Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Ok, you asked

Larry, NO. You have it all mixed up. You are either playing games here or are just not seeing it which is remakable to me because I think of you as sharper than a tack person. What gives??? Are we playing the dumb game for a friend?

If you really want to know exactly all the details I will forward you the e mails from all involved.

I will give Rodney this much he did not deny it was my creature. Thats the only thing he did right.

The molds have been sledged by the srudio that bought them under false pretenses because he knew all along what Rodney was trying to do. He warned him 15 times. I really did not care where the molds went because they were already used up and if someone did try and make a creature they could only make 2 or 3. No big deal to me. Heres the problem...DONT PUT IT UP FOR SALE AND SELL QUANITIES. HELLO! Wasnt there a discussion on that on this board?

That is no longer an issue. My Creature, My Molds, Period

You might not think its my creature is beause it was badly done and he was trying to make it look different by warping the skins and air brushing. Like I said...no longer and issue. I did like the way it moved. I will give him that much....

Larry you know full well that my creature has been up on my site created by Savage for over 3 years now. Are you kidding me? Hey! anyone that knows me. do you guys find this funny to? I want to know why you are twisting this around? Would you like me to forward all the emails stating Hey This Guy Copied your Creature and so on. I have at least 7 of those. This is the first year in 7 I did not go to transworld. Rodney knew i was not going. How do you think I found all this out to begin with from members and freinds on this site. I have others that say hey John did you sell your creature to Rodney? It goes on and on and that does not include the emails stating what Rodney has done to others. Some are from a major vendor and others are from many of the key players on this site. You would be surprised. DO WE HAVE TO GO THERE?

Think Im making this up. I will send you and only you the emails as long as you agree not to spill these peoples names out...

I can not believe I have to explain any of this. You seen my creature at someone elses booth. I am being treated by you larry as if I had his creature in my booth and printed in my catalog.

Thats all the proof I need. Rodneys only reply above is to call me on again. He did not stand up for himself what so ever. How can he? His exact words to the studio was , and I quote: "dont worry I will handle all the BS".................

He knew he was doing wrong from the time the idea hit him in the head........

John
                            Last edited by xtremecreator; 04-08-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

John,

Have the artist himself let us all know this is the case. I've heard different things like you didn't pay for the molds or this or that... you can't expect us to take your word for it anymore than we should take Rodney's. The person who sculpted the stuff should be the one who can confirm everything.

Other than that no man no one is playing games here but lets be honest you seem to have a lot of problems ... you had a haunt that you said was your someone else was trying to sell you are going to sue them they are going to sue you, they say its theirs you say its not, it just seems like who knows.

Again I'm not saying you are right or wrong I'm just saying the artist himself does he own the molds somehow Rodney got them and I can ONLY ASSUME he got them from the artist...why did the artist do that?

That is why the artist should address this issue. That resolves everything.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X