Spiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiders

Anybody know where to get the most realistic looking spiders? I want several varieties but they must be a realistic size with great detail. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Nope. Sorry bro. No such thing and besides no one wants to see spiders in a haunted house or otherwise. They are creepy stealthy creatures that we are rumored to consume at least 7 throughout the year in our sleep. No one likes spiders and their little creepiness. No one cares about spiders
    StackerSteve
    LoT 27
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

I hate spiders. Spiders of any size, shape or color. They freak me out beyond belief. Spiders are on almost everybody's list of fears. That is why I know the one room I am planning this year will scare the sh*t out of a lot of our customers. Thus, I need some realistic spiders. And the search continues.

Slobber
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Originally posted by StackerSteve View Post
        Nope. Sorry bro. No such thing and besides no one wants to see spiders in a haunted house or otherwise. They are creepy stealthy creatures that we are rumored to consume at least 7 throughout the year in our sleep. No one likes spiders and their little creepiness. No one cares about spiders
        Very helpful post

Fright Props makes a couple different kinds of spiders www.frightprops.com

Dark Raven Designs also has an static version of their spider... it is pretty expensive, but if you are looking to have one BIG CREEPY spider... THIS IS IT... check it out www.darkravendesigns.net

All those spiders that they those companies have are pretty large though... are you looking for bunch of big ones? Or a mix of big and small?

Comment

Scarygoat,

I am really trying to find some that are close to their natural size. They will be going in tanks as if they are real spiders.

Thanks,

Slobber

Comment

party city

I emptyed Party City's supply of faux spiders last year, they're in the section with the gift bag prizes and little things, you have to search for them but some have great detail, some i repainted myself. Perfect size. Iv got them crawling all over my Lady Frightmore costume and in the skirts of it, on my tophat, and my arms. Also, Discovery Zone sells great battery operated tarantulas (got one for Christmas, it scares the hells outta my cats and dog.)
            “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

I knew I had seen some in hobby stores and I did a bit of digging online and here is a pretty good site.
              http://storeforknowledge.com/Insect-Replicas-C209.aspx
              look for scientific replicas, also pipe cleaners, a flocking gun, and paint will go a long way.
              I did a room of small critters in cages one year and glued magnets under them, then I had another magnet on an arm of a motor under the terrarium. every now and then they would meet and the critters would move. Could be fun in your case as well.
              Allen H
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks for the help so far. Keep it coming. If anybody has any other sources or ideas, please let me know.

Allen, that's a great idea, I think I will try that!

Slobber

Comment

Working...
                X