The Haunt secret!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Haunt secret!

They look at it for 15 seconds as they run by in the dark! Even at Disney the only place that is amazing is the lines and where they have thin pin spots pointed!
    Dan Slatkin
    SlightlySick Illusions
    Our YouTube page
    SBE Sites the home of the $2 web site
    Our Sponsor

Ummmmmmm

Ummmmmmmmmmmm yeah ok. Shane and its don't ask me! Shane this time.
    sigpic

Comment

Hmm.... Last time I checked the whole haunted mansion was amazing... Not just the line..... I guess now that you let the big secret out I'll have to go back on it soon and see how bad it sucks.... ???
      Tim Bunch
      House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
      www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

Have you ever done the behind the scenes tour? The ride and lighting directs your attention to the themed areas other wise its black walls and no lighting! Looks great in the dark though! Have loved the ride every time!
        Dan Slatkin
        SlightlySick Illusions
        Our YouTube page
        SBE Sites the home of the $2 web site
        Our Sponsor

Comment

The haunted mansion has moving Doom Buggies which twist and tilt you in the direction they want you. So as your walking through you see what you would normally not see on the ride. Your line of sight is predetermined by the Designers of the ride, hence the not so elaborate walls. This would not work in haunts unless you put horse blinders on the patrons walking through and twisted their heads in the direction you wanted them to look. I’m not saying your wrong with what you saw, I’m giving some why behind their design. Take a look at how they use line of sight in the Spiderman 3D ride.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PcLmfBUemI

Peter T
          FS
          Fables Studios
          Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
          https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

That Spider-Man 3D ride is incredible! I would love to be involved in a project that can submerse the audience so deeply in a world. That is what I and others try to do with our attractions via detailing. Sure, the audience may not see what neat details are there in that dark corner, but they are there and that is what makes the magic. There are a lot of things you can't see in this reality of ours, but their presences makes all the difference in the world.

Has anyone seen the special feature on "Hellboy 2" with Guillermo del Toro giving a tour of his Troll Market set? Holy cow! This man knows the power of detail seen and unseen. If you are into details, you have to watch this special feature. It will blow your mind the level of detail that is in that set. Guillermo del Toro is one of us.
            Last edited by lurker; 04-13-2010, 08:44 AM.
            sigpic
            Louis Brown
            Owner, operator, and dish washer
            at
            DarkWood Manor

Comment

If you had to choose... which is more important to the guests.... Detail or Entertainment?

Comment

Detail is always there...

..entertainment is much more illusive.
                By mere definition entertainment has to be somewhat intresting and/or stimulating and making intrest or stimulation from the same old thing they just saw takes extra effort not always given.
                My ego preens when I scare people with the same thing twice within mere seconds.
                Last winter just two middle aged guys were here. My gag involved a stuffed replica monster you could have bought at any toy store a few years ago. I did the first action and the lead guy said, "You did it too soon, you didn't scare me."
                I did my usual follow up move with the same toy and the other guy walking behind him said, "You got him this time, you should have seen him jump!"
                Nice to get'em when they think it's "over".
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

we live by the 10 second rule....easier on the pocketbook

Comment

We just leave everything in the dark.

We just leave everything dark, play the Disney Haunted Mansion album and sprits them with warm water. Scares them to death. Real cheap too. Lol.

Comment

Sawdust..

That "warm water" wouldn't by chance be body temperature and sometimes yellow in color now would it?
                      I have never heard it called a spritzer but I guess that is what it often does.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X