Nightshade Manor Facade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightshade Manor Facade

The construction of the Nightshade Manor facade has been completed. The facade is 20' wide and 13' tall. Here are some pics. Please excuse the picture quality, these were taken with my cell phone. Most of the trim and the windows are vintage pieces from the early 20th century. The "aging" process will be completed this weekend. I'll be adding a front door, vintage porch lights, additional trim pieces and vines. Looks like Skelly has found a new home.

Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

I really like it! Especially, the dude on top!

Comment

Fantastic work!
      "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Sweet, It looks aged already. Please post some more photos as you go along. I love haunt constructions photos.
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Looks good! Definitely post more pics as you go along!
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

It all looks VERY GOOD!
            I like those concrete block curtains in the window too! They look serious!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Mind, that ROCKS!!! I'm especially impressed with the use of multiple pastel colors as the base. Most people don't realize that a lot of old 'Victorian' styled homes were quite colorful. Homes in the deep south were also painted in brighter colors that tended to fade in the sun over time. It's a very nice touch.
              ------------------------
              The child is grown, the dream is gone.
              I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

This town I'm in, Mount Carroll, Illinois was once referred to as "Paint City" because to others not from here it seemed as if the citizens here painted their houses too much or something? Maybe the painters just worked real cheap back then?
                I painted the courthouse fountain, it's wrought iron? 1800's? decorative with swans and fish on it, I used a variety of colors, making the foilage and critters have their own realistic colors and I caught H e ll! From one guy who knows alot about antiques (but nobody knows it all) I later found out it was a common practice to paint these like I did. The Smithsonian even has some of them, as did the French Quarter.
                Of course many years ago when a county prisoner originally from the west coast painted this he used day-glow colors , which faded almost before he cleaned his brush.
                Ever hear that the ceilings of southern porches were painted light blue because this was thought to confuse hornets?
                I think my ex who worked in a southern museum might have told me this?
                Of course getting stung by a confused hornet hurts the same.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, I live in an old southern home and the roof of my porch is painted light blue. I was told it confused many types of insects including mosquitos. Hmmm. Gotten plenty of bites sitting on my front porch swing. :?
                  Kevin
                  MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

If it was oil based paint maybe the confusion only lasted until the paint dried? Fumes, you know!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
                      Kevin
                      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Excellent work...maybe you could accent the porch with a large pile of old unread newspapers and accumulated mail...*chuckle*

Sincerely,

Warren Vanderdark;
                        Owner & Head Mortician,
                        The Baxter Avenue Morgue,
                        Louisville,Ky.

www.13bats.com
                        "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

Freakin Awesome! :twisted: That is one incredible facade! Nice work! I can see the apprehension building as people enter through! :twisted:

Kel
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

"Old Newspapers on the porch", make a hump shaped heavy wire mesh fence with a door in it made from the same fencing and attach your old newspapers to it creating a hiding place inside this "Pile".
                            Of course leave some little spots to see out of so the scare happens to the intended victim and in a timely manner.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We lit the facade tonight. Here is the result:

Tomorrow I am going to install the door and lighting fixtures on either side of the doorway. I am going to use battery powered LED flicker candles inside of the fixtures.
                              Kevin
                              MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Working...
                              X