No announcement yet.

Moving Haunted Overload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My truck's getting a real workout this year, lol! I don't have any photos of the bridge yet but here is the truck full of some of the supplies.

Here are some pressure treated 6x6 beams for the start of the main facade. They are heavy as hell.

Also, this is cool. My actors are all crazy, lol! 2 more got a variation of the Haunted Overload tattoo for a total of 4 so far. More are saving money to get them. Soon I will have to get that design just to fit in, lol!

Enjoy,

Eric

Kyle's

James's
    Last edited by elowther; 06-06-2010, 06:41 PM.
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Stay positive Eric. It looks like you have alot of good help! Maybe they can take up the slack for you some with the new job and long drive and all. Best of luck! And take care.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Thanks Damon!

I'm heading to the farm right now. I sent you a pm and my email so we can talk about your project over the phone. It sounds cool and I have an idea how to do it cheap.

Eric
        www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Here are a few more photos of the progress.

Bridge to the woods. Not finished but a good start. Will have railings made from trees and I'll distress the poles to make them look old.

They go through the first shed and up the ramp to the woods. We will make some sort of scare under the bridge.

View from the back of one section.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Cool thanks Eric! I've been really busy and havent had too much good luck lately. I dont really talk about it on here. But anyway. I appreciate you wanting to take the time to help me and I will give you a call when things are a little less hecktic. Great pics by the way. It really looks like your haunt is gonna be better than ever. I can imagine your customers walking through this at night scared to death.
            Take care,
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

It's awesome what you can make with a pile of junk, lol! Another shed being worked on.

The start of some huge stick figures. The poses for each one are important. They will be covered in branches and vines.

That is a 12 foot step ladder so this one will be about 14 feet high when complete. It looks even taller because you are coming up the hill at it.

This photo was taken last night. We built a new shed with an extreme leaning angle and on a hill. There is an incredible optical illusion if you lean in the other direction in the doorway it looks like you are defying gravity. This will be a fun effect to play with as far as characters and lighting.

It was absolutely horrifying in those woods last night. I think many people might turn back this year, lol!

Enjoy,

Eric
              Last edited by elowther; 06-10-2010, 11:22 AM.
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

That last picture is SICK Eric! Wow. I cant even figure it out here. LOL
                "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Building the "Crazy Cabin" is so much fun.

Inspired by fine 'Mystery Spots' everywhere.

Can't wait to finish it Eric! Too bad it's raining today.

You are right...It WAS absolutely horrifying in those woods last night!
                  Especially with all those creepy stuffed animals lurking about

Tom
                  Attached Files
                  www.HauntedOverload.com

Comment

Its funny, I was showing my wife pics of the haunt location and what you had already accomplished and the look of horror that was on her face was priceless! Her reply to the pics also brought a smile to my face, as it should for you. And I quote, " there is no way in hell that you would catch me helping there. Even during the day!" LOL I really think you got a #1 Haunt location this year! I might even fly out to see it since i have many friends in the Manchester area. Keep the pictures coming!
                    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
                    sigpic
                    "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

Here are a few more photos. I start my new job Tuesday so I might not have time to post for a while. It is 2 hour drive each way. I'll be staying in a hotel a few nights a week up there.

It rained all weekend but we still managed to get the new crooked shed looking good. In person, looking at it head on makes you dizzy because of the angles. Hard to tell from the photo but it's weird. Still more detailing to go but it's looking cool I think. I may have a swinging light at the peak to make it even more crazy looking.

On to bigger projects soon. I had to redesign the entrance way so as not to have patrons walking across conservation easement land. The commission came around and didn't want us walking on that grass. The new design will actually be cool because the main facade will be on that creepy road inside the woods.

Meeting with the fire marshal tomorrow to go over the new design.

Wally running the auger. That thing really gets a workout. When it hits a root it about breaks you in half if you don't brace it against your leg.

Shed not finished and me trying to lean like Tom did creating a weird effect.

A little more done.

Almost finished. Check out the boards in the back. I may back light it so the beams of light come through the cracks. We'll see.
                      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric

My friend that looks all to fun! Shane and its way to go! Shane this time!
                        sigpic

Comment

best thread ever

i must get on here more...
                          i just opened the last page for the first time and went back and looked over it all...Its the best read i have had for a long time..
                          congratulations on everything
                          and Hats off to ya Eric
                          i believe we have got more then a few things in common...
                          Honestly...If i could
                          i would come up n give ya a hand..
                          in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                          www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

WOW just WOW, very cool and it is still only June, I can just imagine what it will look like come Oct. Post when you can because it looks great.
                            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Wow

I've always seen pics of your haunt and been just amazed.

Now my jaw is dropped even more even with daytime pics.
                              Great job! I wish I had he time to fly up there this fall. Maybe next year.
                              *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Best of luck with the new location and the new job Eric! Like Strelak said earlier, things happen for a reason...looking forward to seeing more of the progress my friend!
                                Dan Faupel
                                www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
                                www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

Working...
                                X