Moving Haunted Overload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elowther View Post
    That is a crazy machine he made to travel through the woods. It didn't have a steering wheel. It worked like a bull dozer by stopping one set of wheels and pivoting on the other. It was like a tank and could go anywhere, especially with chains on the tires . He used to plow snow with it also.

Pretty wild contraption, it looks like they had fun on it.

Eric
    So now we all know where you got your outside-the-box thinking. What does he think about your haunting?

Comment

My Grandfather get's a real kick out of the haunt. I had it at his house 2 years in a row, 93 and 94.

Here are a few more progress shots and a new flyer.

Enjoy,

Eric

I'm pretending to jump from the rock with a chainsaw, lol!

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Looks great how hard was to move those rocks?lol. Just kidding ya, the setting looks great for a haunt and the shacks look like they have been there for a hundred years. I love looking at your pics so KEEP THEM COMING.lol.
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

LOL! Funny you should ask that about the rocks. First I tried making stone steps using these smaller ones. I struggled for an hour and a half and finally said the hell with it. There was a massive boulder which you can see as the step now over on the stone wall about 150 feet away. Tom thought I was insane for wanting to get it. It took many hours to move it the 150 feet with crow bars but it was well worth it. The steps look cool and are mighty solid.

The roof was a pain in the ass as well but looks really authentic using the rusty tin. I need to detail the underside to look older as well and put more dents in it.

What do you think of this for a scare? Someone or some thing coming out from under the porch. It could be awesome if done right.
          Last edited by elowther; 06-04-2010, 08:23 PM.
          www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

View coming up the trail to the Hillbilly section.

This is how I picture it at night. I think I will have this one blacked out instead of a light inside. You can see the giant boulder in this one.
            www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Just amazing.

The woods couldnt be a better location, especially for some of the best outdoor haunters in the biz.

At night this place is going to be unbelievalbly creepy.

How long are you planning to make the course?

Comment

Eric,

Greetings! We met at Transworld this year and you had talked me/us into becoming a member of HHA. The new place looks great! Hope all goes well for you at the new location!

Erick
                Oblivion Haunted House - Wisconsin
                "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Looks great Eric, keep the pics rolling!!

Comment

All things happen for a reason! you will be fine! Cant wait to see the final pics!
                    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
                    sigpic
                    "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

creep factor at night a 10

out of 10. hillbilly area looks creepy in the daytime. You guys really lucked out! good luck! it looks great allready. more pix, please.

Comment

Thanks guys!

When it rains it pours.

I got laid off a few weeks ago which was a major blow because I had to stop on the haunt to look for jobs. I found a temp job for now but it's 2 hours away. They will let me do 4 10 hour days. I have some other irons in the fire, we'll see how it all pans out but the timing sucks because I had all my vacation put in for October at my old job. I don't start until the 15th so that will give me a full week to work on the haunt.

Yesterday we started on a cool bridge to go up a steep embankment. Even though we have a long way to go I am happy with the progress so far. I'll post more pics soon.

Eric
                        www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric

keep your head up. Your passion will drive you! You cant change the past but you can change you opinion of it. stay positive and it will all work out!

Dan
                          http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
                          sigpic
                          "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

Mind if I ask what you you agreed to pay the apple orchard owner and what the zoning was to allow for the haunt? Looking into such a venue myself.
                            Have a spooky day!

Alex

Alex Shead
                            Owner/Producer
                            Spooky Shead Productions
                            T: 770-995-6285
                            T: 866-348-ALEX
                            [url]www.terrorinthesquare.com

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function"
                            - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

That's bad ass!

Comment

that's like asking how much do

THE MISFITS charge for a gig at Buffalo's HOUSE OF HORRORS haunted attraction on Halloween night. Good Luck getting an answer on that one. THE Crimson Ghost..... LIVE !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X