Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Built small Boiler Room in lobby of Theater for Nightmare on Elm Street.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built small Boiler Room in lobby of Theater for Nightmare on Elm Street.

My brother and I opened a small haunted house last year and I run a movie theater as my day job. We built a small boiler room in the lobby for the release of Nightmare on Elm Street and I wanted to post some pics of it to see what everyone thought. Our plan is to have a photo op with Freddy during the opening weekend of the movie. I appreciate all the help that people gave with finding a sweater for our costume. Once we get some pics of Freddy actually in the scene I will post them as well.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by picklesimer27; 05-01-2010, 12:02 AM.

Great job, well done!
    DA

Comment

Nice job man!!! I really like seeing stuff like this done for a movie premier.

You gotta post pics of your guy in the Freddy outfit too.

And where is your theater at?
      Brad Bowen
      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Nice work!
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

That is the best display I've ever seen at a movie theater!
          Mike Cirrincione
          Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
          MAC Productions presents:
          Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
          AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
          Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
          Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Very nice...this reminds me of when Freddy Vs. Jason came out...the day after the big US Blackout...everyone else was worried about if their refrigerators were going to rot and such....me and friends were making sure the theater was still opening the film on time...friend came with an authentic movie replica hockey mask as well as metal glove...we were 6 of 10 people in the entire theater...and were the only cars in the lot when we left.

Point is...nice to see others share the same passion for the horror genre.
            -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
              Nice job man!!! I really like seeing stuff like this done for a movie premier.

You gotta post pics of your guy in the Freddy outfit too.

And where is your theater at?
              We are an 8 plex located in Logan, WV. It is about an hour south of Charleston. I also appreciate the comments. Thanks to everyone.

Comment

You got to get some pictures with Freddy in that scene and post them. The Scene looks amazing especially to be in the theater.
                Proud to be able to work at
                http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

It looks pretty good. Do you have a light in your furnace glowing? That would ad a nice touch. I hope your Freddy looks just as good. Post pics with customers. I would like to see them too! Cool idea.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Are you guys doing makeup for Freddy or mask?

Comment

Originally posted by scarygoat View Post
                      Are you guys doing makeup for Freddy or mask?
                      To the question before yours we do have a flickering light in it that gives a good fire look. We also have a small fog machine to go in it to give the look of smoke. We were going to run the fog machine to a couple of the pipes but we will see if we have time to finish that.

We bought a cfx extra toasty mask.

Comment

Cool that mask is great. You will do alright. Post pics for sure. I want to see the looks on some of the customers faces.
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

We did the pictures with Freddy tonite at the theater and it got a great response. Made a few kiddies cry and a mom or two cuss a little under their breath. Actually had one little girl that couldnt of been more than 3 or 4 that sang the whole "1 2 Freddys Coming for you" song. It was great. Here are a few pics of Freddy by himself and with customers
                          Attached Files

Comment

How did the Customers react to it? The background and the freddy all look very realistic and I am willing to bet it really added to the lobby for the opening.
                            I am willing to bet this helped people suspend their disbelif and enjoy the movie even more.
                            You guys did an Excellent job.
                            Proud to be able to work at
                            http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

1-2 Freddy's coming for you!

Very nice make sure you scare people going to the other movies too.....
                              Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X