Off Season actvities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Season actvities

I was just wondering for those Actors out there, in the off season what do you do to keep your acting skills developing?

I work with our local community theater building stages, props, singing, and acting. The seamstress for our group is even going to try to teach me to sew.
    this helps me refine my skills learn more and try to be more of an asset to the haunt I work at.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

I watch a ton of you tube to learn and see differnt scare tactics, also to see all the haunts out there. I also work on costumes. Oh and I play rugby to aquire scars so I don't need prothetics! LOL
    Tim McCall

Comment

I started a haunt acting troupe last year with a bunch of local haunted house veterans and we get together monthly to discuss and learn new techniques. We also started a slider team but we're waiting for summer to get that going. Our goal is to eventually promote ourselves to local and regional haunts as 'special guests' for that weekend.

I constantly review and revise my "Boo Camp" actor training course, especially after listening to some of the monthly discussions we have.
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Off season activities

I found something similar to your local community center which was our local junior college offers a whole set of courses for the theater department from acting and makeup to costumes and stage design and set design. I took the stagecraft class and got to build two sets for 2 different shows one was Wizard of Oz and learned all sorts of stuff about lighting and use of the scenes to improve stuff.
        Grant Brott
        Haunted House Startup

Comment

Pretty much work out at the haunt. Anything from rebuilding to just hanging out with all my haunt friends.

Comment

Not Much Off-season here.

And I love it that way.
            Winters are slow. I have a few people almost every week then unless the weather is blizzard like or ice storms.
            I really give these small audiences quite a show (that's why they came here!)
            I decided years ago to make my house tour much more "Jim Intensive" to make the experience here something not easily "borrowed" and then seen elsewhere, part of this is reflected in the front (first room) as I tell this house's haunted history with attempted humor plus startles utilizing numerous props simple and mechanical, all one of a kind(my kind, built by me!)
            Yes, it is a theatrical production but am I "acting" or not? It is very difficult to tell, maybe therein lies the mystery and fear, equalling ..entertainment.
            As long as they keep laughing and screaming, I keep talking, next thing you know sometimes 45 minutes or an hour has vanished! (And we are still in the first room, and it's 5,000 sq. ft. house, seven physical levels and a backyard .
            Tomorrow night possibly 50+ people are supposed to come here. (Why couldn't half of them been here tonight? They are just camping 13 miles down the road.)
            Oh well?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X