Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Love the Location (but does the city)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Love the Location (but does the city)

Hello all, this is my first year as a Pro haunter and we have found a location. I was wondering if anyone could lend me some knowledge in how to go about talking to the city. Evidently the building that we have acquired was home to a haunt entrepreneur months back and word is he was shut down by the city. Now we have a chance to buy this premiere location and i want to make for damn sure I say the right things to the city so that they are comfortable with us. If anyone could lend a hand i would be grateful. I do not want to purchase this property and then find out that the city tell me to stuff it

Thanks
    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
    sigpic
    "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

You Never Know?

A town a little ways from here told a woman she could not locate her dog-pet-food store in their town??
    She came here instead and guess what? She seems to have generated more traffic than almost any business in the whole little downtown!
    I heard about a mid-west-western state that banned haunted houses from certain countys but I have never known of this in Wisconsin.
    The latest Illinois laws have haunts needing criminal backround checks for all employees and owners, on file. they put haunts in with carnivals and ski lodges.
    ?
    So I guess all of us criminals will be locating in nearby states. hahahah!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Best thing for you to do is go up there and setup a time to meet with all the departments. At minimum, you must make sure fire, electric, building, zoning, traffic engineering and the city clerk are represented. Talk to them and see what you will need to do, BEFORE you commit to the location. If zoning says you can't do that there, you don't have a lot of options.

Remember that *most* of the time these folks aren't here to prevent you from fulfilling your dream, they are just here to make sure you get it done right and safely.

Good luck,

-- Ian
      -------------------------------
      http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

And make a shitton of money in the process.lol.
        Originally posted by imax View Post

Remember that *most* of the time these folks aren't here to prevent you from fulfilling your dream, they are just here to make sure you get it done right and safely.

Good luck,

-- Ian
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

In the same boat

We found out today that we can't get an answer on our zoning change till 6/15 there goes 45 more build days.Still no guarantee we will get the change.I'm sure city redtape is slow too.Get Those phone calls and meetings going time is short.
          Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

I am running into the same problem. I'd find out why they shut them down first. I believe the only reason we are going to get around the BS here is that the economy is so bad and they need the tax money too much.

Comment

Working...
            X