Do haunted houses provide a service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do haunted houses provide a service.

Hey everyone does a haunted house provide a service?People pay us to get scared and we scare them.To me that's service.Thoughts......
    Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

You are Correct.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I would boil that down to Is entertainment a service? If entertainment is then haunted houses are.
      I often say that all haunted house customers get when they leave are memories, so we have to make them good. I believe that providing positive memories is a service.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Yes!!!

Even if we have to turn on all the lights and pry their hands off of their eyes!
        Those kind always really get me!
        Then some of them complain later it wasn't scary or what they thought it would/should be.
        Then there would be the mouthy non-stop yammering drunk would say, "I thought this was supposed to be funny?"
        "If you stopped yammering for a minute or two you might have heard something funny."
        And of course their yammering is fairly nonsensical, inane. Nobody else is interested or wants to hear it.
        The more we work at keeping the drunks out, the smoother everything runs here, imagine that!
        It sure sounds like the plan.
        hahahaha!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A haunt is service we are being paid to entertain. However we are not a service industry.
          This is not burger king you do not get it your way.

As long as we strive to give every guest a great show we are doing our job.
          We should take polls and get opinions as they leave and use this information to improve for next season.

We all know though much like Jim said you will always get those whom complain regardless because so many of these people exists and because many times after we scare the crude out of someone who is trying to portray themselves as the next Chuck Norris they will try to save face by complaining. This is why we cannot bow down to every complaint.

VIVA LA HAUNTOLUTION!!!!
          Proud to be able to work at
          http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Ha-ha-ha! By The Time...

..they get done walking through my house and have listened to my on-going routine for 90 minutes, maybe most are just too tired to complain?
            I do get alot of very wonderfull compliments though and it fills my other "bank account", and I bet most of you know what I mean, it's not about just the "holy" dollar bill.
            Feeling good, feeling success and listening to total strangers verbally reinforce all of this ...well could it ever get any better than that?
            Probably not for me.
            The "Service"? "Some people bring their children or grandchildren here and then say, You be good or we will take you back there!"
            Scared straight?
            Last edited by Jim Warfield; 04-29-2010, 07:52 AM.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

How is your haunt listed with the county/city you are in? Amusement Center? The town I am in says we are classified just like a carnival... I don't agree but not sure how to approach that with them. Any suggestions?

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.

Comment

Working...
              X