What does your crew wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your crew wear?

While most of us are focusing on actors... let's take the time to talk about the other part of your volunteer or hired staff - the crew. Do you give them something distinguishable to wear so your customers know who to go to for questions/problems? Or do they just wear your haunt t-shirts/jackets? What does your security wear?

Ryan

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
    www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
    Located in Richmond, VA

Our two security guys have basic black sweatshirts and sock hats that read Fear Fair (small) Security (large). We tell everyone to find one of them if there's a problem. Our maintenance guy stays in plain clothes so he can deal with the issues he needs to without being bothered.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

All our people wear Fright Factory shirts and hats , so it's easy to find someone in our line area's. For security the black tactical outfits and guns give them away. lol

Comment

Hmmmm, hats seem like a good idea to add this season!!

...we just have all of our crew walking around in our t-shirt with "STAFF" on the back.
        O'Shawn McClendon
        Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Trust me for hats go to LIDS and get the fitted hats they come s/m and l/xl they are the best if your wearing a hat all season (comfort) and they embroider on nicely. A little more but worth it

Robert

Comment

Hats that say the haunt name and then "Staff" underneath come in handy.
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

LIDS are nice you can do logo on front then like name or crew or whatever on the sides and back. there's alot of nice space on them.

Robert

Comment

Our crew wears a black Dickies work shirt (short sleeved), embroidered with "SCREAMPARK" right above the left breast pocket. Our security wear bright, almost neon like, shirts screen printed with "SECURITY" very large and bold on the back... these also have a small "SCREAMPARK" print on the left breast.

The concessions and make-up just have a black t-shirt with SCREAMPARK printed across the chest. Nothing fancy here as these shirts may get very dirty and beat-up... make-up crew also have black aprons to wear with SCREAMPARK embroidered/screen printed on them. -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

nothing last like a Dickie shirt, i've work in ones for 6 or 7 years there the best. Good choice

Comment

We have the guys that print the shirts we sell do a set in orange, where as the ones we sell are red and black. Our crew that works around the haunt wears the orange shirt so it stands out. We use the police for security so they are in uniform. Also, the ones of us that have to deal with the public but want to get some "quality" time in the haunt use a mask and custom costumes one of our seamstresses makes just for quick off purposes. I have learned over the years that most people won't take you serious in costume, these outfits can be off in seconds but look good.

Comment

My wife is all the security we need and i have been thinking about getting her a new shirt that say's..... TRUST ME, you do not want to see the front of this shirt coming your way.....
                      Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Great responses so far, thanks!

Do you provide all the shirts/hats for your crew free of charge and they keep everything... or do they turn them in at the end of the season? Or do you ask for like $10 per employee to help off-set costs? When I worked at Kings Dominion a few years ago, I actually had $12 or so taken out of my first paycheck to help pay for our polo, hat, and very cheap rain jacket (of course I got to keep everything at the end of the season). I've thought about trying that this October (last year we just asked all crew members to wear black, but gave them the option to purchase our hoodie and t-shirts at our cost).

The orange colored shirts are a great idea. Ball parks and theme parks all have their crew in brighter colors, and it makes sense to do that at a haunt, considering we always work at night. What about if it's cold... jackets cover up the shirts, right? Well... you give them orange jackets instead... but what if the weather is a little too warm for a jacket? Giving them both a shirt and a jacket can get costly. Hats make sense because you can have them on regardless of the weather, but sometimes they're uncomfortable to wear if you're not used to them.

Okay... I might've thought about this way too much. Ha.

Ryan
                        Last edited by Haunts of Richmond; 04-28-2010, 10:20 PM.

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
                        www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
                        Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

The Rancid employee Shirt?

That never gets washed, just worn, and worn...yikes!
                          This season we might be offering 3-D glasses with the X-Ray option so clothing won't be necesarry for anyone.
                          All that laughing and pointing should be deafening!
                          Partial strength x-ray goggles will allow viewers to see through the outer shirt to read the inner shirt at the same time .
                          "Security" becomes "In-Security" "Staff" becomes "Staff Infection".
                          Of course the best security solution would be when trouble begins to call Security and make a big production of waiting, then an 87 pound, skinny weakling shows up wearing a Security shirt three times too big for him!
                          All the extra distraction of this allows others to escourt the problem person out as they laugh and go weak in the knees.
                          Yes, you may have guessed it, I never spanked my boys when they were kids, I mercilessly tickled them into submission instead.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                          X