Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? (What The Fright...?)

Everyone, I need your help here.

I just scored from Freecycle, 125 oak Balusters measuring 34" - 36". I also received from the same wealthy lady a large wooden frame --opening measuring 5' x 2' 5". Pictures below.

What the heck can a Klown Klinic do with such wonderful items?? If I were a haunted mansion type haunt, I'd quickly use the balusters as decoration on our walls with velvet type material behind them and the frame would have a lovely portrait behind it. But, we're psycho klownz this year and I KNOW some of you can either come up with fab ideas or spark some of my own.

I DID think the frame would make a great place for a doorway where most would have to bend for a sec to get through, but I'm not sure the Fire Marshall would approve. Also thought about putting spandex behind the frame, letting my nephew paint on it and doing the moving portrait thing, but that's kind of old hat, don't ya think? PLUS, I'm not sure spandex can be painted on so easily. The use of the Balusters escape me completely at the moment.

What are your thoughts on the use of these items?

Good find. The wooden frame could be a huge mirror, but I guess thats more of a castle thme than psycho klownz. Another thing came to mind was time warp. I think Ive seen that shape before in cartoons and they would jump through it to get to a different period in time. As for the Balusters, I have no idea but will keep thinking. I know my ideas aren't that great and Im sure someone could give better knowledge of what to do. Just wanted to let you know what came to my mind when I saw those pics.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNightMare
      Another thing came to mind was time warp. I think Ive seen that shape before in cartoons and they would jump through it to get to a different period in time. I know my ideas aren't that great .....
      WRONG! Your ideas are just as good as anyone elses. In fact, the time warp idea could lend itself to another dimension of the haunt all together. Gonna think on that one very seriously. Hmmmmm........

Comment

The time warp... what if the first minute/30 seconds of the haunt was lit normally with colored lights: red, blue, green, pink, yellow, etc. Then they walk through the "time warp" and everything is blacklit and glowing! I think that would be cool! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore
          The time warp... what if the first minute/30 seconds of the haunt was lit normally with colored lights: red, blue, green, pink, yellow, etc. Then they walk through the "time warp" and everything is blacklit and glowing! I think that would be cool! -Tyler
          Yeah, it would! To actually leave the klinic at one point and enter through a rip in time to their world, so to speak......

Comment

EXACTLY!!! Oh Gwen, I expect pictures! LOL! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore
              EXACTLY!!! Oh Gwen, I expect pictures! LOL! -Tyler
              LMAO!!! Dude, my imagination is long...unfortunately, the digits in my bank account are VERY short. :lol:

Comment

Look up some on-line pictures of circus wagons, maybe ballasters will become part of such a thing for you? You wouldn't need to build an entire wagon, just one side for display.
                Baraboo, Wisconsin (last I knew) have a Circus Museum there, maybe they have a web site?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The frame could make a great magic mirror. It would also make a great frame for a Pepper's Ghost or Blue Room type illusion. Done with the right lighting you might be able to make appear to turn from a mirror into some kind of portal, out of which Klowns from another dimension could enter.

Just brainstorming, but maybe it will spark an idea or two.

Dave
                  Lords of Chaos, LLC
                  House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Thanks Gwen,
                    I look at those stupid balusters all week long and you have to post pictures of them on my day off!!!

Thoughts for Balusters, Jim hit a great point circus train cars with Psycho clowns locked in it. Any cell door would have bars on it, they could be used as that.

If you need a bed but want to build it cheap but fancy you could use them as head board turnings.(both my girls have beds built out of balusters)

You could always save them for the stair scare, find a carpenter to build you a stair and use the balusters for balusters. The stair treads pop up and an actor hides behind the stair. We were going to build this ourselves but ran out of time.

If all else fails give them to your actors as weapons to beat the drunks with!

Comment

If they happen to have holes drilled length-wise through them you can double or even triple them up by sliding threaded rod through them and putting bolts on the ends of the steel rods. Making them taller opens up new posibilitys for their use (or mis-use?) Of course the longer they become the less actual stiffness they will have to resist bending or breaking by someone slamming up against them.
                      They could be used as decorations along the side of a King of the Evil Clowns Royal throne. All details painted in gawdy colors of course.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Oooh, that frame would look good as a fancier version of a carnival mirror. Maybe in your "clown doctor's" office? Or, if you could use it as a frame to "walk" through, you could situate it in front of your mylar mirrors and have it be the entrance to a mirror maze? Hmmm.

Balusters....I like the stair scare idea. Or maybe use them as a transitional piece from the "normal portion" of the clinic to the klown portion? Painted different colors and leaning at odd angles (safely secured, of course)? Or you could flip them upside down, put a little padding on the top and say they were mini-clown crutches. LOL. Or secure a small piece of plywood on top and say they're training stilts for the newbie clownz. Peg legs for pirate clowns?

(I am shutting up now.)
                        www.mindseizure.com
                        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Working...
                        X