Nightmare on Elm Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare on Elm Street

So if anyone went and saw this on the opening night let us know how it was.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

midnight shows last night

c'mon, someone had to go ..... reports please !!!

Comment

I haven't seen it, but have been reading spoilers that give bad reviews. They say the Freddy actor is not bad, but that they stray much too far away from the original story ideas to be any good. I'll pass and catch it later..
      missjayne
      Netherworld Haunted Attractions
      http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Don't read into reviews because it was AWESOME!!! Great gore, awesome sets, stuck to the story (even better than the original) and good startles!! Jackie did an awesome job as Freddy and I really don't think Robert could have done it better!

I LOVED it... but I've love "most" of the horror remakes... Amityville, Texas Chainsaws, Friday the 13th... now add Nightmare to the list of faves!!

LOVED IT!!! Also, "doesn't stick to the original story.."... Well, IT DOES!!! Let's see... Freddy's a pedo... killed by parents... comes back to kill the kids (now grown up a little) in their dreams... and this movie actually throws-back some scenes and dialogue from the originals!!! How does it stray from the originals!?

GO SEE IT!! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

If you want to continue to see remakes, keep paying $$ at the box office. If you want to see NEW ideas, support the NEW movies...
          www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

From what I've seen it looks pretty kick ass and somewhat scary. If it's anything like the recent remakes like Friday The 13th, Halloween etc I'm going to hate the movie. Friday The 13th was one of the biggest pieces of crap I've seen in a long time. But I don't think that will be the case with A Nightmare on Elm Street.
            Spooky Wishes
            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I will probably see this movie, although i'm really not expecting much... who knows maybe I'll like it. Wish Hollywood could come up with some new fresh ideas instead of rehashing everything.... I do have to say though Rob ZOmbies Halloween 2 was the biggest turd I have seen in a long time... that one was the WORST!!!
              Tim Bunch
              House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
              www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

Agree 100%. Rob Zombie should not be allowed near another movie set EVER!

Originally posted by HouseOfHorrors View Post
                I will probably see this movie, although i'm really not expecting much... who knows maybe I'll like it. Wish Hollywood could come up with some new fresh ideas instead of rehashing everything.... I do have to say though Rob ZOmbies Halloween 2 was the biggest turd I have seen in a long time... that one was the WORST!!!

Comment

Nightmare looks pretty good to me I'll see it. And I agree they should shoot Rob Zombie before letting his get close to another movie again. His first Halloween was bad and the second was ten times worse. Half of the film would have been a silent movie if you took out the "F" word it wad terrible and extremely low-brow, and brutal for the sake of being brutal.

DA

Comment

I just got back from seeing it. It was ok. Just ok. I think Robert could have done a better job, but I understand that they wanted to give Freddy a new look. It was more vicious than any of the other Nightmare movies for sure. I did not like they few cgi scenes. I thought they looked pathetic. The "make you jump" parts, were done pretty well. On a scale from one to ten I would give it a six. Not one of the better remakes in my opinion, but still worth seeing.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                    Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
                    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
                    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

I hate how everyone expects remakes to be EXACTLY the same as the originals. Why the hell would I go see a movie that I've seen before if it's going to be EXACTLY the same, just shot in 1080p!?!!

I have to wait and see it on Sunday...can't waitttt! [especially after Tyler's review]
                      O'Shawn McClendon
                      Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

I dug all the Zombie movies. lol

I hope they got the bugs worked out of this. Read that the reviews the first test screening were aweful. I'm not expecting much
                        Last edited by StackerSteve; 04-30-2010, 08:38 PM.
                        StackerSteve
                        LoT 27
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

The collector

RENT IT. I think you will enjoy it.

Comment

I read some reviews and they trashed this movie. I will see it anyway just because its Freddy. I think most of us haunted people will see it good or bad. I'm expecting it to be bad. I don't want to see Robert replaced by anyone. Just my personal take. Robert is Freddy.

As for Rob Zombie movies, he screwed up both Halloween movies, his movies I liked his remakes I did not like. To much foul mouth trailer park trashy scenes, scenes with Mike just stabbing endless one after another time and time again its pointless. I think his movies mostly are just brutal gore, and Halloween was about suspense.

I think some aspects of both his movies have good elements and some no a lot bad. The second one was totally pointless.

The first one I think in some ways was better than the original but in most ways much worse.

He should make a prequel to House of a Thousand Corpses.

Next UP HELLRAISER...

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Here my take

My Bloody Valentine, Drag Me To Hell, liked them! Friday The 13th LOVED IT it was exactly like the 80's movies lots of blood! Halloween has always been my favorite and will be but the crap that Rob Zombie has came out with is Awful! After the 25th GD word I walked out. He has took a classic and made it appeal to crack smoking trailer park trash! I have said this many many times. Let me state for the record if you like it then go to it. I myself will not watch another one till they get rid of Zombie. Again this is my opinion and if you like them more power to you! Shane and its I am going to see Nightmare on Elm Street tomorrow! Shane this time!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X