Need a room idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a room idea

I just finished the layout of a haunt that we are looking at building for our first haunt. however I a room which I need a idea for. The basic story of the haunt is a guy who tortured and murdered people in his house and now they haunt it blah blah blah, you get the idea. Well here are my rooms in order that you would walk thru them:

Entry Speech (not sure on decor for this room yet)
    Portrait hallway
    Kitchen
    Study
    bathroom
    bedroom
    Closet
    Scratch and blood hallway
    Torture room
    Holding cell
    Dead body room
    ????????
    Back yard

As you can see the first half of the haunt is of the house while the second half is where he would kill, hold, and store the dead, with the last room of the haunt the backyard. I am having troubles thinking of what to place in the second to last room. I have thought a garage maybe but that's it. The room size is 16' by 8'. Any idea's?

You could possibly use a butcher room, playing on cannibalism. Or a workshop for Gein?

Also, I would switch the holding cell with the torture room as far as order.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Maybe a walk in freezer you gotta keep those bodies fresh you know.Does he eat them,hide the bodies or bury them in the backyard? That could help on the deciding what to put there.....
      Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

Well with some work I swapped the holding cell room and torture room around. I never thought it would take so much time to lay out a haunt, been working on the layout for 3 days and its really only a 2500sq ft haunt if you dont count the egress area. laid out for a 40x80 tent.

Haven't really thought out the story to much, just the basics of it. A butcher room could work, then I could always throw a grill in the back yard, for a nice roast of some body parts. mmm tasty. Keep the ideas coming.

Comment

I would possible use some sort of tool room, storage room, etc.

Another idea would be to have some sort of transition room. Something that gets you from the house to the "kill zone". Now if this guy has a secreat area, then you can have special pass through area, hidden passage or the link, people really like secret passages!!

Rich
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

trophy room

trophy room crude human taxidermy on the walls with a fireplace and a single wingback chair for sitting, relaxing, smoking a pipe and admiring his trophy kills

Comment

sewing room, this past season our last section was themed as needle and stitch and it got very creepy and gory and every one loved it. You could have skins being sown together or bodies being sown into bags ready to be barred in the back yard. Our theme started as sort of a sweat shop and as it progressed through rooms it got bloodier and by the end blood and guts and body parts were everywhere.

Nick
              Holy crap scaring people is fun!!!

Comment

Based on what you have so far, here are my thoughts as to what fits in or what could fit in.

Creepy storage room- Everyone he killed had things, like luggage or whatever. He has to put that stuff somewhere and a cramped closet type spaces can be really creepy

Back porch- picture a screened in porch, lit from the other side of the screen and it has the usual porch stuff, swing work boots potted plants, possible dog house. It could be really creepy.

Garden Shed- From the house you go into a shed area that is used to store garden/ yard work tools, could be creepy. this one really leads well into the back yard.

Meat grinder room- Like the butcher room but the butchering has a purpose. Make them walk through hanging sausage casing, let them see the intended use of the bodies. Give it a misses Luvvit feel from sweeny todd.

That is all that leaps to my mind right now.
                Allen H
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas I think I can figure something out now.

Comment

What about like a crawlspace that leads to to the backyard...Hes gotta get the bodys in the house somehow without the neightbors seeing them
                    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Great idea

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      What about like a crawlspace that leads to to the backyard...Hes gotta get the bodys in the house somehow without the neightbors seeing them
                      Tater that is a great idea. You could play off the Texas Chain saw basement exit scene. Slatted walled hallways and maze.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

I was thinking some kind of underground passage. The killer would have used it to get the bodies from the basement to the back yard without being seen. You could use the light metal shelfs to attach to the wall and leave it open so it looks like a seceret door in the basement and have it come out to a tool shed or small green house type building. inside the passage use the spray foam and parts of skeleton bones in the fake dirt walls to look like bodies he had buried in the past.

Comment

Working...
                        X