Sitting here sketching.... and thought Id share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting here sketching.... and thought Id share

Well been working on allot of projects lately havent had much time to sit in front of the PC .... Sent our 1st order to JAPAN !! And a LARGE order to boot !! Pretty excited about that....

Never thought wed send stuff to JAPAN...

Well, sitting here sketching 30 some new facial restraint ideas for 2010 facial restrain line in adition to the restraints we have sold last year.
    ( Thanx to all for your purchases ) If you havent seen them yet check out the website...

http://www.maliciousstudios.com

I am deciding to share one of the sketches with you to hear some feedback. ( Its been a while ) and those of you that know me know I love to hear what you are thinking....

Without further adue... I would like to introduce...

"BIPOLAR"

It will be black / red wash around eyes and mouth.... the hair you see will be thick durable plastic strands..... eyes and mouth are cut with black mesh behind ...

Well... what do ya think ?
    Last edited by maliciousstudios; 05-01-2010, 11:48 PM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Very Cool!

Comment

Looks great man wish I could draw.What texture will the finished mask have?Rough like burlap or slick like skin?
      Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

texture ...

The mask will probrably end up like the others and end up made of canvas but YES burlap has been talked about.... we havea few concept burlap masks as well... ( still in design stage ) Ill draw up 20-30 of these then a couple will be selected to move forward. We have allot of concept props masks and etc. that havent made it yet... keep your eyes peeled you may see something you like this year.... I for one have been sculpting so much that my hands are cracked and look like hell...

Can you say small animatronic Cryo Chamber ? hmmm.... sounds interesting

time to return to the clay....
        "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
        www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Your masks are cool but your website intro and homepage are an embarrassment to the haunted attraction industry.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks..... ( sorry you feel that way )

I guess we cant please everyone... "Nor do we care to"

But Thanks For Your Imput....

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Your website is looks great too very cool.Redcrow did a nice job logo on back of tv thats a nice touch.Freedom of speech use it or lose it.
              Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

really getting off subject but...

Really getting off subject, but yes we did a pretty decent job on the site. RedCrow has newer sites that are far better. Armando at ( RedCrow ) is a very talented individual... I recommend him in the highest !

As far as the graphic nature of the site, this was our individuallity bleeding through. We have chosen to cater to only HORROR genre customers and I think our website says this. In doing so we have isolated ourself from other business but working soley with the HORROR Genre is what we LOVE to do. The website was a collaborated effort with some of the props and actors filmed in our shop.

I like to share what I am working on to "Gage" interest.... which allot of others are less willing to do - with all the idea stealing that goes around these days... lol

We will continue Sharing.... feel free to give your opinions

Thank You for the interest AND the comments good and bad...
                ROFL ~ ( we always expect to recieve both )

Malicious Studios
                www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by annarchy View Post
                  Your masks are cool but your website intro and homepage are an embarrassment to the haunted attraction industry.

Did you not go to transworld and see all the setups for the shotgun chamber? One of them was in the Dark Zone. Who are you to speak for the whole industry...I bet the guy that sold the setup was selling them like Crazy I know 3 people that bought one myself. Dont speak for the industry, speak for yourself...I find myself loving Mals website because it pushes the envelope and challenges us to break outside the box.

Sorry to get off topic....awesome job on the mask my friend...See you at MHC
                  Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Wait and see Tater! Wait until Newsweek and/or Time comes out with an article this fall on how this industry has strayed away from "haunted" to nothing but the glorification of violence. What's haunted about people killing themselves? Or glamorizing how many ways you can mutilate a human body? And now I see photos of haunters having females (mannequins etc) not only completely doing unthinkable things to their bodies but let's also show their breasts and insinuate that they have been sexually molested. That's not putting "haunted" in an attraction. Look up the top grossing all time movies and see where the gore ranks. Movies like the Sixth Sense, Signs, Halloween etc etc come way before movies like Saw and other slash-em flicks. I beleive some of the most talented people art and creative wise are in this industry. But it seems like many have lost the talents to truly [scare] patrons and are taking the less talented method of blood and guts. Send your customers out screaming, crying and wetting themselves without all the blood, guts and gore....now that's talent!
                    And for the record Tater, I post over 30,000 paid admissions each and every October and have for over a decade. Now according to Hauntworld, that puts me in the top of the industry. Also, I use less than a pint of blood each year. Let's compare stats my friend.

Comment

Dude CHILL OUT. Obviously you don't like blood and gore in haunts, whatever, a lot of people don't, but a lot of people DO also. Just because you don't like his website doesn't mean you have to go posting about it. I for one think you website is very cool. It's MALICIOUS. Very creepy mask sketch. I love all your masks, they all have a very disturbing look to them which really sets them off. Great work!

Comment

The costumes and masks look great. Love the site too but then again I've been called plenty of names for liking RZ movies too
                        StackerSteve
                        LoT 27
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

I had visited the Malicious Studios site earlier today and was quite shocked by it... I thought it was GREAT! I especially liked the main menu of the guy getting tortured... It was SICK! I agree with the other posters on here You do a great job and your site rules!

Keep up the great work Mal!
                          Zach Wiechmann
                          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I think the mask is beautiful. I really have been planning on ordering one of your masks, but this new drawing is making me want to wait until that one is released. I have a few ideas thats been floating in my head, and that mask fits it.

As for the site, I think its crazy amazing. Its definatly diffrent than the other vendor sites, and I think it works. To me it means that their products are not simple ho-hum products that we all see. They are meant to scare the crap out of people. Their site does the job for me.

Comment

IF you wanna compair numbers to what I do...OK here are mine

I dont own a haunted house but I do see the public demanding more and more each year, The owners of the house/site are just giving people what they want.

As for me and My numbers while I dont own a Haunted House..I still would like to think since Ive been in the industry for 20 years...I know just a tad about them...

Tater

Ps.. Im an roaming actor...you mighta saw my act at Fearfest in Columbia...as for the blood and gore and scary factor...Ill pass Im more funny, and I bet anyone on this board will say that while my opinions on things may very I'm damn good at doing what I do
                              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                              X