Fear-atorium needs your input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear-atorium needs your input

Only 6 months til Halloween and I am not sure if we will be up and running. Being new I have been to Transworld and done tons of reasearch. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP AND INPUT!!! I have the location,theme(insane asylum),financing, and fire marshall seal of approval. Here is what I am wondering....Room layout,ideas and design. I think I will be at Midwest Haunt and plan on taking that scenic design class. So far I have in order

1. entrance into waiting room w/crazy nurse
    2. long hall with numerous doors( I am thinking a drop panel here )
    3. nursery w/ insane kids
    4. security guard that commits suicide
    5. Now im stuck... We have about 3000' square feet total. I am thinking crazy inmates, maybe dr. scene, insane killer meat room, maybe some torture. Gonna have to have a spark effect in there somewhere. Any input with ideas that follows the theme will be appreciated. Any good scare ideas for the rooms, etc. Design concepts. Whatever. I am in your hands..

Thanks,
    Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Here's a drawing I put together for another haunter as insperation for the use of his space. Hopefully you'll be able to pull some ideas from it!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ight/Joker.jpg
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

How bout this?

Everybody hates Needles!!!!

sigpic
      PEACE, ADAM
      www.poisonprops.com

Comment

I will use that map Zach!! Thanks for the help. I looked at your stuff at Trans,Poison. I will consider your suggestion. Keep those ideas coming. I appreciate it!!
        Capt.Chaos
        Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

solitary cell with no apparent way out but have a hidden door to exit.
          Chain link maze with strobes have it dressed to look like a prison yard.
          Old basement or tunnels used for storage or whatever.
          Padded cell with moving walls.

Nick
          Holy crap scaring people is fun!!!

Comment

Anybody have an idea on how to make padded walls? I was thinking of that but was not sure how to make padded walls.
            Capt.Chaos
            Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

foam camping pads on wall covered in vinyl or larger foam or Styrofoam blocks covered in a similar material glued to the walls or screwed.

Nick
              Holy crap scaring people is fun!!!

Comment

Don't forget a cafeteria type room, and a dayroom/activity room, the best suggestion I can make right now is to watch "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!" This movie will give you some great ideas.

Comment

It sounds like you have an asylum theme.
                  I like to use a formula to come up with rooms and characters for my shows.
                  I list all of the characters that will fit, not just saying crazy person, but giving them a name and a psychosis. One could be obsessed with clocks so they enter his room and there are 50 clocks hanging on the wall, scrawled on the walls between the clocks is the word TIME over and over again as they get to the middle/ end of the room TIME (TO DIE) is revealed as black lights flicker on and off and all the clocks chime/alarm in unison.
                  So you see you can build a room around each patients psychosis, figure out a room for a pyro, for a necrophiliac, ya da ya da ya da.
                  Some of the cures for psychosis are as bad as the problems themselves.
                  A Shock therapy area could house your spark wand, a lobotomizing room could be prepped for surgery or messy from one gone wrong.
                  A hallway with worshack (rorshack?) tests framed on the walls where they tests get bigger and bigger till you turn the corner into a black and white/dot room where the walls floor and ceiling are covered in the test patters and an actor in a matching suit blends into the walls and gets scares.
                  A classic upside down room could be really fun in an asylum theme.
                  I do my padded walls with foam mattress pads I buy from a store called big lots. Each pad costs $20 and covers one wall panel. Fabric goes over that and then buttons are pushed through to pillow top it. I hold on the buttons with a cotter pin bent out on the other side.
                  Asylum almost always have a tile floor, perhaps a rippling floor hallway but with tiles as opposed to floor boards.
                  Along with patients/ cure room themes dont forget about common areas that buildings of this type must have. they are
                  Cafateria
                  camera/ security room
                  Rec room
                  Bioler room
                  laundry room
                  Staff lounge

Hope fully this gives you a few ideas,
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

You guys rule. Thanks again. Beers on me someday.
                    Capt.Chaos
                    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

i went to a haunt once where............

they actually had a padded room with mattresses attatched to the wall. it was kinda cool because I remember we were bouncing off of them like a side ways trampoline (psycho ward padded cell open room set up) it was kinda cool. as far as being fire safe (whatever) I guess you could spray them... it was unique though....

Comment

I put together a whole design for an asylum based haunt...with multiple twists. One being your standard asylum with rooms like admitting, violent patients, padded room(s), phobias, children's ward, offices, medication area, morgue, etc...then another twist was starting it out all "happy" and slowly degrading into something more twisted as the haunt goes along...kind of like sanity slowly breaking down.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Working...
                        X