Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to this forum and wanted to introduce myself and my Event..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this forum and wanted to introduce myself and my Event..

Hello everyone, my name is Ray Robles and I am the Project Director for a Haunted Event called Terenzi Horror Nights in Rust Germany at Europa Park. My event was created by Marc Terenzi (a American music star who is living/performing in Germany) and we are going into our 4 year. We are a third party company that works at the Europa Park theme park and Marc and I create our themes, houses, and concepts.

Our event is very much in the vain of Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, except we don't have the catalog or Horror Icons that they have (or their budget). We create our own icons and shoot short films every year as promotion for our events and create a Legend of our characters. We also in part teach the Germans about American styled Halloween Events and Haunts.

We have our ups and downs as many haunted attractions do, and we face the issues of keeping our costs down, our house capacity up, and of course changing all of our themes every year.... Check out our event and I look forward to giving my insights to all of you and getting helpful hints and suggestions in what we do, thanks a bunch...

Ray

Welcome to the boards
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

If I recall...
      I worked with Marc at Skull kingdom for a while. I also think that you have Bill McCoy doing make up there. Very glad to have you there, If I am right about those two then give them my reguards.
      Tell them "wolfie" says hi. Glad to have you aboard.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
        If I recall...
        I worked with Marc at Skull kingdom for a while. I also think that you have Bill McCoy doing make up there. Very glad to have you there, If I am right about those two then give them my reguards.
        Tell them "wolfie" says hi. Glad to have you aboard.
        Allen H
        Wolfie, what's up man? I use to be roommates with Damion Poitier next door to Jessica Green in Orlando when all you guys were at Skull Kingdom (I was doing Universal at the time).... I will definitely tell Marc and Bill you said what's up... Send me your contact info in a message and I'll pass it along to them

Comment

Welcome. Always nice to have international takes on the haunt industry...
          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Welcome Ray! I agree with Badger, great to have the international perspective! Do you come to any of the conventions in the U.S. or are there any there?

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I haven't been to any US Conventions in a while... I am a American living out here and doing this project (as well as most of our team and our event creator)... We basically just took our American way of doing these Haunt Events and taught the Germans about it.... At first it was hard due to them not really getting it, but now they are in the groove of it.

And on another note, I just found out that out event won ScareCON's Best International Attraction Award tonight in London England in the famed Magic Circle, we beat out Universal Studio's Halloween Horror Nights, Busch Garden's Howl-O-Scream, and Knot's Berry Farms Event...... Not bad for our 3rd year and a bunch of American musician's playing Halloween in Europe

Comment

Here is the official results to ScareCON's 2009 Screamie Awards....

http://hauntedattractions.co.uk/inde...=613&Itemid=34

Comment

Hey! We want to see photos or videos! Great Job!

John

Comment

Nice that is some tough competetion to beat you will have to post some pictures or video of your attraction so we can see it back here in the states.
                    Proud to be able to work at
                    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Welcome

Welcomt to the forum! This is a great place to get a wealth of information from the best in the industry!
                      Chris Tillman, President
                      Rocky Mountain Terror, LLC
                      Trick or Terror Haunted House
                      www.TerrorHaunts.com

Comment

Hey for links to our event... check out www.terenzihorrornights.com we also have the facebook and twitter pages... and there is a batch of Videos on Youtube from the event.

Quick Description would be... well.... 5 haunted Attractions and several large street zones in a European Theme Park (Europa Park), also the last year (and heading into this one) we have added a stage show.

It has that same general format as Halloween Horror Nights, with different themed houses and areas.... Since we don't have the 20 Million Dollar budget or the backlog of Classic Horror Icons like they do.. We create our own Icons every year, we shoot 5-15 minute movie trailers about our Icons and Event Backstories (normally would be costly, but we have a great film team in Europe that shoot on Red Cam and do it for practically nothing).... Our Core Event staff is all Americans (The creator Marc Terenzi, myself as Project Director, Jason Mercurio as a Production Manager and handles pretty much all of our Studio Work creating sounds, and Bill McCoy as our head of Makeup), but the park management staff/builders are from Germany and Europa Park...... We design and create everything and hand it off to there conceptual artists and builders, our team is there for the build approving and changing where we need.... we edit the videos that were shot, we create the technical sound FX's, they install lighting and audio and atmospherics off of our general designs and concepts (fortunately our team has a extensive background in production for events, concerts, and theme parks)

Our Advertising is handled by the Park (they have a great media department) and in the last few years we have started doing a lot more Viral Marketing and games for the fans to be involved with the back history of our event months before they arrive to it.

All-n-All it's pretty great, we have had pretty good success with it, our cast is amazing (a lot of repeat performers pretty much every year.... and we do open castings for new cast members)... We usually have about 85-100 actors every year.... we run for 6 weeks and usually see about 4,000 a night (this year we'll increase to about 6,000 due to a larger area).... we limited our guest flow to help with capacity in our area of the park (it helped, we had a 98% approval rating on the event)..... And we have a Bar/Club at the event that stays open til 4am (they love to drink and dance here in Europe).

That is the general jist of the event... Check out the online stuff, I love to hear any feedback or questions

Comment

Working...
                        X