general chat observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general chat observation

You know . im a real honest opinionated person generally. but i try not to write or say things that effect other peoples product or business. If i think something is a bad idea or the price dont suit a particular product i just keep it to myself so i dont effect peoples livelyhood . It seems to me that about 90% of people who post things on the trading post get put down or just plain embarrased by some comments. theres a lot of people who want return to sites because of rude uncalled for opinions. I own seven haunts and have been doing them since i was sixteen. I have 5 haunts that are specifically for radio stations and tv stations, and haunted houses is the biggest cut throat business anywhere. We deal with so much crap with dirty competition, that you wouldnt believe it. From getting broken into by the competition to them coming while were open and starting stuff. to standing at our driveway entrance telling customers to go somewhere else. It goes on and on. if you have good honest competition you better be thankful. But basically what im trying to say is that with all the crap some people put up with then when they try to list something on the forum that might benefit someone else. It might just be a nice thing to say something good or nothing at all.

I agree... There are a lot of negative people in the industry and unfortunately those ones are the ones that tarnish the "haunter" name. We have had some run ins with a local haunt and it's just a little crazy how people can act and what they will say about you behind you back but be your best friend when they're in front of you.

And as far as the forums... I try to keep as positive as possible and only express my opinion when it's asked for or if I have something good to say. Nobody comes on here to get put down or for smart ass remarks.

There's always going to be those bad eggs though!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

people typing on those keys

Should crank up their imagination and pretend the person you are typing to or about is right there in the room with you, then there may be less nasty stuff showing up, because remember, in many ways we ARE right there in a virtual next room, from which they may respond and whap us back in many nasty and creative ways.
      So be nice.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

what area are your haunts in ?

state (s) or whatever.

Comment

area haunts

upstate s.c.

Comment

Where in the Upstate? I'm near Charlotte...
            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

area

i do nightmare on pendleton with b 93.7 greenville haunted screampark for 98.1 and 107.3 jamz wssl wesc my102.5 also haunting of downtown greenville and several others. all in greenville and pickens counties

Comment

have any t- shirts for sale ?

for any of your haunts? I can't travel, but want to pick up a few shirts from out of area haunts. I'm in the philly area. let me know or give me the links to your haunts if I have to purchase thru them. thanks alot. or e mail chuckweber602@verizon.net and I'll deal directly with you.

Comment

pushing it

Zach, I made an apology for things that were posted before. I know you are making reference to me and lets get something straight here. There is nothing I will say behind your back that I won't say to your face pal. You get on this board and you try to be the victim of everything except I know the truth and you can't fool me. If standing up for the industry makes me a bad haunter in your book Zach thats fine because YOU and the others that try to side step laws are the ones that will eventually cause problems. So if you don't want thes epeople here to know what is truly going on I suggest you shut your mouth and stop making these little stabs at my haunt and myself or I guarantee you I will post it all and they will see what goes on here buddy.

Comment

Wow, those are some harsh words harrishaven or whatever your name is. I dont believe he called you out in any shape or form on this particular thread and had nothing to do with you. So if you could do us all a huge favor and keep all this highschool drama crap off the forum it would be much appreciated, it is getting to be quite annoying..THANKS!

Kale

Comment

I believe rockandtiff is referring to postings on the trading post where he was offering props for sale. The concern most haunters have is best summerizes by a statement I believe John Denley once said (and I'm paraphrasing here) Year one you're a haunt owner, year two you're a haunt vendor, year three your an expert (consultant)!!

A a long term poster on this sight we see 'new' people all the time. Everyone claims they have a mass base of prior experience. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. We have no clue. Someone claims they have "x" amount of experience and now they are creating props for the industry. NO one has any issue with this until you start offering items that have a potential to cause injury. That's when EVERYONE should ask questions. The question that arose was one dealing with liability insurance. Again becuae once you have a potential for injury who is to held responsible?? The manufacturer or the buyer??

This is an issue that is really the next "elephant in the room". Haunters want to buy things cheap, then get pissed if it breaks or doesn't live up to the hype. Haunters have t realize that safety issues cross ALL bounderaries. A home haunter injurers people on the east coast and my inspector for a professional inspection and licence for a profit event on the west coast comes under fire!

So questioning anyone who may have been unknown on this forum and now is offering props for sale isn't slamming. And as far as remaining quiet because you don't want to affect anyone's livelyhood is ridiculouis. NOT questioning these people affects MY livelyhood and YOUR livelyhood!!

Building a prop or effect for your own use is one thing, you assume ALL responsibility. But once you buy that prop or effect from a third party you enter a whole new realm!! Are you willing to put YOUR future and livelyhood on the line or does it make more sence to ask a few questions first????

If that prop maker can't or won't answer questions or feels he/she is being singled out, well maybe that person shouldn't be provding something they can't stand behind, morally and financially. And if someone is too timid to ask the questions, then there will hopefully be people like me or organizations like the HHA that will step up and ask what really NEEDS to be asked!
                      R&J Productions
                      Las Vegas, NV
                      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

response

here we go with more bull####. just like i was saying . anything you write on here or the trading post is going to get major cutdowns..... I was reffering to several post thats going on right now , that have nothing to do with me. If you take a minute to read most every post has rude comments tagged to them . like the cds for sale and the hearse and so on.... and as far as the liability issue i have taking care of that issue. lets just say you are a pilot who has a plane ,and you been flying for 20 years with a pilot licence and you dont have passenger life and accident insurance and i have a plane that i just bought today and have never flew any plane before, but i have 10million dollars in insurance, which plane do you want to ride in..... yeah thats right we have everything we need now but it didnt make our products better or worse . it just gives my competition a reason to run their mouth. l

Comment

if its not me who

Zach, if its not me you are talking about as the "local Haunt" then just who is it your talking about?? Not afraid to say are you

Comment

chat

Here you go Zach, I apologize to you and here it is more S#$$ from you Zach why not just let it go and stop your crap I haven't posted anything about you since then. Nor have I said anything to you and yet YOU can't leave well enough alone. What is your problem? You say you don't want to be negative and you want to get along with people yet I apologize and your back at it . These people on here need to get on your ass. because you are the one that keeps this garbage going.

Comment

Don't Feed The Trolls.
                              Zach Wiechmann
                              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Working...
                              X