Hanf-A-Domous has done it again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanf-A-Domous has done it again!!!

Yes minions...it was just a few short weeks ago that I...Hanf-A-Domous the Great predicted on these very boards that Haunters, via Transworld) would be visiting The Beast and the Edge of Hell in Kansas City. Now, as so many predictions in the past have done, this prediction has come to pass. Transworld will host a "first ever" haunters gathering OFF SEASON specifically so that we as an industry can visit these legendary and secretive attractions. Although I predicted that we would visit them in March thus tieing in with the Tradeshow, the real time of the event is NOVEMBER 12 &13 of this year. I was dismayed to learn that my timing was off so I went back to my astrological charts and the answer was made clear to me. TheMoon was in the second house, and Jupiter lined with Mars...of course the gathering would be the weekend of November 12 &13th. Needless to say, this proves once and for all that I am the seer of things unseen and the knower of things unknown. Hanf-A-Domous the Magnificant...soothsayer to the Haunted Attraction Industry...Sala Bim, Sala Beam. As it is written, so shall it be!!! H

Awesome news Rich! I'll be looking forward to it. I'm not that far away, only a few hours, and I've never been! I've been hearing great reports about the Beast and Edge of Hell since way back when I was living in San Diego! They definitely have an outstanding reputation and I'll be anticipating this for sure!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

the beast and edge of hell are great haunts, but once you have been one time...its always the same pretty much. The darkness blows both of those out of the water IMO. One thing that always bothered me was if there was an emergency it seems like it would be hard as heck to get out of those haunts as not once did I see an emergency exit. Other then that I always thought they were awesome...Ill most likely be there at this event since its not far from me.

Kale

Comment

Personally I question the timing of this event, I doubt many haunters can attend because some of us are still open, some are worn out, some are tearing down, and well me personally its all the above plus burnt out.

Additionally you have IAAPA the weekend after. I think this could be a really cool event but I think it should be pushed off until after Thanksgiving or another time of year.

I heard there will be an auction of a bunch of haunt stuff. We'll see how it turns out... On the other hand I know a lot of haunters run around and say WHOS STILL OPEN so they can go visit.

Hard to tell... it will be interesting to see how this works out.

I always say bottom line its nice to have the opportunity to visit other haunts so here is an opportunity. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I think this is a great idea! The event is not being marketed towards haunters. The target market is more of the home haunter and enthusiasts that are out there and that is what the seminars will cater to. The timing is perfect for this type of event because it does not conflict with any of the haunt shows and is soon enough after the season to allow more haunts to participate.

There will also be a lot of us, like you said Larry, that will go because we want to and can. I am looking forward to it!

Comment

That's fantastic! I'm a home haunter in KC. So, will it be a lights on tour? Also, is there a website that will have updates?

Comment

Yeah Terra, when this was announced I thought you would dig it. Right in your neck of the woods.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

I'm so excited about this. During September and October I'm unable to visit haunts that aren't in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana. So I will definately be checking these legendary haunts out even though they're close to 10 hours away. After hearing so many incredible stories about these haunts over the years, there is no way I'm going to miss a chance to experience them.
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Hey I'd love to get someone who wants to be a roving reporter for me... anyone interested. If someone is going to go write an article about it for me or make a video on youtube.

I probably wouldn't be able to go but if someone could go for me and make a video or photos and report back what happened that would be great.

Same with MHC anyone interested?

Thanks
                  Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                    Hey I'd love to get someone who wants to be a roving reporter for me... anyone interested. If someone is going to go write an article about it for me or make a video on youtube.

I probably wouldn't be able to go but if someone could go for me and make a video or photos and report back what happened that would be great.

Same with MHC anyone interested?

Thanks
                    Larry
                    I might be interested in this Larry, email me and we can talk (haunt@jakprints.com)

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

I think this is really cool!! I'm kinda with Larry on the dates. Wished it was later on or the beginning of next year sometime.

But I'm still gonna try to go, if my work schedulde permits.

And if that auction does happen, I'm bringing a ton of cash!!!
                      Brad Bowen
                      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

The Beast and The Edge of Hell are two phenominal haunts. They only change parts of the haunts up maybe every three years. But there scenes are magnificent and I can see why they keep them up as long as they do. I would like to know if this is behind the scenes as well with lights on. This would be a great learning experience to see how these haunts are done with them being multi-level w animals ect. This isnt your ordinary haunted house. The Edge of Hell is legendary. And the building The Beast sits in is unbelievable on the inside. Very detailed and amazing sets. I would like to hear about this tour thats for sure. This will be the first time they have ever allowed something like this. Its too bad they dont open for Transworld w buses and everything.
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

great idea

for those who are burned out, get some Screamin' Lucy energy drinks and go have some fun. at least the weather will hopefully still be decent for people who have to travel.. have fun guys! I support this 110% .. way to go, RICH ! thanks for posting. These haunts are LEGENDS and must be seen (I'm told) enjoy.

Comment

That is huge. These haunts are excellent!

Comment

Chambers & Macabre?

I'm really happy to hear about this also! I've been wanting to see the KC haunts for years. Is this only for The Beast & EOH or will it also include Chambers of Poe & Macabre? Lights-on/Behind the Scenes would be just awesome, but I'll be there whether they do that or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X