Was wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was wondering

Had a problem with a volunteer, asked to borrow some props and walls that I was not using. For a thing they were putting together. Well after the season I went to get my stuff back and they had put it in storage and said I couldn't have it. Said they were entitled to it because they had volunteered at my haunt. After getting upset about it the guy ended up giving me theree hundred bucks for about 1500.00 or more worth of my props and stuff. Anyone else encounter anything like this? What would you do about it. Just wondering

Taling about anyone in particular or really just wondering?

Comment

Harrishaven that really sucks and is a bad situation. Sometimes your actors are the wolves in sheep's clothing plotting and scheming against you with their own agendas... I've seen it before. The old adage "No good deed goes unpunished" comes to mind as I'm sure you were good to this volunteer.

He sounds like he feels entitled to whatever he wants. Would his entitlement extend to test driving a new car then deciding to drive it home to his garage keep it?

I guess by taking the $300 dollars there isn't much you could do at this point. If he's planning to do a haunt with your stuff after essentially stealing it, he will be destined for failure anyway when his entitlement meets karma and loses.

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
        Taling about anyone in particular or really just wondering?

...lmaoooo!!!

geeeee, I WONDER who this post could be about?! [only because that $300 figure seems oh-so familiar]

Maybe you should donate the $300 dollars to the humane society, seeing as that's where the money would've gone anyway...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post

...we do give to a local Humane Society
        O'Shawn McClendon
        Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

We have seen this post before here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Please for the love of Halloween will you delete this thread and both of you go settle this some where. go get some nerf bats and beat the agression out of each other or something!!!!
          Blah blah blah he said thisw and then well he said that. Except for the person whom you speak of never mentioned names until this started.

This is a place to learn and share about the joys of scaring people and entertaining them. While is some ways your constant trolling is amusing it is not amusing enough. Why not spice it up and say he stole your first born child as well while planing on using it to summon a vodoo curse to stop your bussiness from being profitable. This is just getting to be raw and overdone.

It is like being tied to a chair your eyes pinned open and forced to watch the same episode of barney over and over again.

Now repeat after me "This is not the Jerry Springer show I should not Air mine or anyone elses dirty laundry on this forum I should take this great feeling of unjustice into a cage fight and record it so it will at least be amusing to my fellow forum members!!!!"

This is meant for both of the guys involved stop taking these little passive aggressive shots at each other when the people whom are on the board know what is going on because you arealdy posted it. take it off the board and settle it please because I am running out popcorn for the amount of drama poping up on here of late.

Now in the immortal words of seasame street
          This message is brought to you by the Letter D for Drama
          Proud to be able to work at
          http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Werdz to live by

"He who loans...loses."
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

HOLY EFF DUDE! drop this crap! Your like a freaking highschooler!

Kale

Comment

horseshit have an onion !

you got robbed, man you're probably a nice guy willing to help out anybody. these losers took advantage of you and WORKED you with this $300.00 dollar bullshit. get your stuff back by hook or by crook. I guess by taking the three hundred, you kinda "ACCEPTED" their "OFFER" (so to say) and that was the end of it. at least you got "something". As an outsider, I look at it as these guys knew exactly what they were doing. The volunteer thing was a gimmick or excuse they used to get over on you. they volunteered. that's it. they agreed to it. you owe them NOTHING NOTHING !!!! Live and learn I guess..... I would still try to get your stuff back .. What they did was WRONG. I'm the same way.... I try to be nice and help people and always wind up getting SCREWED in the end.... I hate to say it, but NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY usually works, (to quote Alice Cooper) Good luck, man. Glad you posted this... your mind is probably squirming wondering what is right and wrong.... you owe them nothing for their volunteering NOTHING ! they owe you your stuff ... case closed...

Comment

Well said Chuck I agree with you. This guy tells his side of a story and gets slammed for it. Did anyone stop and think that maybe he is right? Just because you know someone who posts often doesn't make him right over someone who doesn't. I'm not saying either is right but if what harrishaven said is right, then he deserves the right to be angry and get his stuff back.

DA

Comment

It is no longer a matter of who is right and who is wrong. This forum is not Judge Judy. Neither party will find reconciliation here, and it is childish to look for it here. You actually just want to gain people to your side since you have received opinions on this in the past and continue to post on the subject.
                    I have ignored this for a long time but you asked for opinions so here is mine.
                    You sold something for $300, now you feel like you made a bad decision. You probably did make a bad decision, buck up and learn from it. Im willing to bet the dollar amount of $1500 is pretty high. Like new cars, haunt props depreciate pretty quickly. One season is pretty hard on them. If you count your depreciation and the $300 you got for them I bet tax wise you broke even.
                    Second, I see alot of "issues with volunteers" on here. Why not pay the actors who work for you? Turns out that if you pay them they dont feel like you owe them anything more.
                    Volunteers work great if you have the people skills necessary to keep them happy and motivated to work for you. I get a read on people here by looking at their posts. Your last 20 posts were
                    13 bickering about this particular incident
                    4 trying to sell something
                    3 about foam sculpting
                    Thats not alot of contribution to the forum. Please take this elsewhere, call the cops If you think you have a case, I dont think so.
                    If you wish to complain about the opinion you asked for please PM or call me and we can talk, no need for everyone here to see your dirty laundry. Im not here for facebook teenage crap Im here because this is my business and my lively hood, I make $1200 mistakes all the time. Learn from them and learn that bitching about them does'nt help.
                    The longer this drags out the worse my industry looks.
                    Allen Hopps
                    PM me for a phone number or look in the friends unit post.
                    (sorry for venting a bit folks I rarely do it)
                    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I agree with Allen, Soul and Freak...but right now im saying forget the nerf bullshit...Pistols at Dawn would settle this and we wouldnt have to read about it anymore.....
                      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

HarrisHaven?

I think his name is Gary the dude that started this thread. I have been trying to reach him on some props I bought from him and for some reason hes not responding now. So my question is has anyone got his contact info? He may just be having email problems as he always responded so I thought I would try here. Gary dude are you out there I am ready to send my guy to pick up! Shane and its dude where are you? Shane this time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X