rain insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain insurance

Looking for some feed back, who has it and who do you use? Daily or hourly? What rain amount?
    We have never used it but are considering it, Any thoughts appreciated ?

Thanks ,
    Leo

Insurance

Scary~

Check out Wesland Insurance, talk with Ken Donat.

He come HIGHLY recommended for attratcions, and is quite reasonable, espacially if you are "getting your feet wet"(no pun inteneded) as far as insurance for an attraction.

Contact info for:

Ken Donat
    Phone: 608-768-0410
    Toll free: 888-292-7389
    Cell: 608-343-0273
    email: Ken.Donat@westlandinsurance.com

Hope that helps.

~LoneWolf
    Last edited by lonewolfmage; 05-10-2010, 12:58 PM. Reason: had to fix a few typos

Comment

Rain insurance is very very pricy, and can only really work if your attraction has several years worth of attendance numbers and dollar figures of what you did during said time of being open. You would have to be rained out several nights and typically do tons of numbers on those nights in previous years in order for it to make up for what it costs to get the insurance typically...

Comment

Years ago farmers would make a quick phone call to their local insurance agent to buy Crop/Hail insurance, as the storm clouds were forming on the horizon!
        This doesn't work like that any more.
        Gee, I wonder why?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Not to be argumentative here, but IMHO that response is just not true!

Your rain insurance premiums can be anywhere from relativly inexpensive to break the bank high. Its up to your responses to the first two main factors below, as to where your premiums will be.

#1 How much money you want for a rain out night. If you are looking for $5,000 to cover payroll, it would be a lot cheaper than if you wanted the $100,000 in lost revenues for the night.

#2 How much rain you consider a rain out. If I selected 1/4" in 24 hours it would be a much higher premium than having selected 2" of rain in 24 hours.

#3 Location. If the haunt is in a region that typically has rain in October, their premium is going to be higher the haunt in a typically dry area.

Your prior years numbers have nothing what-so-ever to do with it from the insurance companies view. Why would they care? Unlike insurance on a tangible item, like jewelry, they are simply betting that it does not rain, while you are betting that it will.

Unlike the Full Throttle Saloon TV show, the rain guage is not at your site. If needs to be a USGS monitored guage which are typically located at airports and other 'official' locations.

I have checked with two companies and the above was true with them both. Your results may vary

Originally posted by sophisticatedterror View Post
          Rain insurance is very very pricy, and can only really work if your attraction has several years worth of attendance numbers and dollar figures of what you did during said time of being open. You would have to be rained out several nights and typically do tons of numbers on those nights in previous years in order for it to make up for what it costs to get the insurance typically...
          http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

well then the I must be looking at the wrong companies then! lol Who did you get quotes from..the people I asked were all local here....Just curious....

Thanks!

Comment

Looking for local insurance? Well, that's the main problem

The one I remember was Rain Protection rainprotection.net

Originally posted by sophisticatedterror View Post
              well then the I must be looking at the wrong companies then! lol Who did you get quotes from..the people I asked were all local here....Just curious....

Thanks!
              http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

I will for sure check it out! thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                X