Awesome Local Find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Local Find!

Just to show that when looking in the right places with the right eye you can find some sweet deals. Just scored this bad boy for $40 at a local antique shop. Was up in the rafters (lofted storage) tucked behind some other stuff and spotted it out of the corner of my eye and immediately asked about it. Original pricetag was $200. He just wanted to get rid of it (hopefully it doesnt have some wretched past...lol). For now its going in my basement and will be the seat for one of my new Buckys.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    Attached Files
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

I was just looking for something like that! That is an awesome find!
    www.nightmareslive.com

Comment

Yeah cheapest I found on Ebay ranged from $150-700...and could just imagine shipping on those if it isnt local. I let one go several years ago...a tad bigger that was around $100 at another local...regret not getting it since. Couldnt pass up this deal!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

You never know.....i found lots of free and great things on craigs list.....

Comment

Great Scott!!!

good snag!
          missjayne
          Netherworld Haunted Attractions
          http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

I got one too!

I found the exact same wheelchair on Craig's list, only I paid $100 for it. It was actually used in an old mental institution in Georgia.

Gotta love the bargains!
            Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
            Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
            www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Sick find, and congrats on the price. I'm jealous...
              http://www.bigscaryshow.com
              http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Here's ours!

This is the latest addition to Folklore Haunted House!
                Attached Files
                Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Wheelchair...

I bought one of those last year. Mine was $50 off of Craigslist. And the best part....I found out the lady selling it, lived 3 streets over from my house. Score!!!

Gahaunter
                  Lee D. Sanders

Comment

Nice find!! I would love to get my hands on one of those.
                    Brad Bowen
                    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Very nice

Thats a great find check this vid out I would love to motorize a old one to work the line with.Its a music vid so if you don't like it turn it down and check out the old guys race the old wheelchairs.
                      Last edited by unihaunter; 05-12-2010, 11:19 AM.
                      Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

I have has one of these , that was given to me, sitting in the rain in the backyard for 3 or 4 years now.
                        Really.
                        Since the spirits here seem to be tolerating us pretty well , my Wife doesn't want it brought into the house to possibly stir things up again. We live in our haunted, haunted house.
                        Customers have given me the credit for some very special, special effects that I can't do. (They were real and uncontrollable)
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

hell yeah i got one of those too brad i bought mine for fourty bucks to at a antique store in jacksonville arkansas love that third back wheel but can any one tell me what year these date back to mine is sitting in storage with all my other goodies

Comment

I see stuff like this on my camp bus route all the time

mostly gas grills (worth $$$ for scrap) but I always see unusual prop type stuff around here. I wish I had a big truck to snatch it all up for somebody's haunt, but alas, the trashmen get it. Yes, I have seen at least 3 wheel chairs like that over the past 6 years. keep looking on trash day. go to the rich neighborhoods. they seem to have the GOOD stuff.

Comment

In a Hillbilly Voice

Ya I got one those too yuk, yuk. I got mine for free in an abandoned nursing home with a mummified skeleton woman in it. She looked just like Norman Bates Mama. And too be damned the damn thing was motorized ta boot! Top that!
                              Damon LOL!
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X