• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey Question:Ever been scared?

While in your haunted house?
    Yes I have been.
    Details later.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Not while working, but when walking through one night one of our actors took a completly creative spin on their assigned room and completly caught me off guared and made me jump.

Comment

Did that "creative spin" become placed in the menu of the haunt?
      Being open every night of the year provides me with an incredible opportunity to experiment, refine, and explore new things and I love it!
      I also then have the time to learn alot from my customers too.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

i haven't but there has been times before were i did that to alot of my actors. it's fun when the new ones come in and don't know what's coming at them!!
        it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

Been startled a few times by people sneaking up behind me. Also been creeped out a few times. Truly scared, probably not but I have been made uncomfortable before...
          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Many times been shutting off the lights in an attraction at one end and have to walk to the other....feeling like the darkness behind you is catching up with or clawing at you....some buildings worse than others. I had had one haunt where literally it made my heart race every time I was walking away in the dark.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
            -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

A Couple Times a Year

I feel I am not alone in a room or part of my house, even though I sure seem to be the only one there. Maybe it's just a dampness inspired chill up my back?
              Sometimes I feel it is more.
              I unfairly unintentionally judge others by myself without thinking about it. I spent many years working alone in many basements on furnaces, boilers, plumbing, usually at night and most local basements have one light bulb per/room, if lucky.
              Two blocks from my Parent's home a woman came home from school as a grade schooler and found her Mother had hung herself in the basement, it didn't seem to bother that woman she lived in that house for the next 70? years.
              "Has anybody ever died in this house?"
              My house goes back to 1870, there were no hospitals or nursing homes back then, I am sure plenty of old houses saw death come to many as they were inside their walls.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

first year i worked at our haunt on the last night we were open i went through as a guest at the beginning of the night. By the time i exited i was fearing for my life and the life of my future children.... Word got out i was coming through and the boys took it upon themselves to cup shot me.... the first 2 or 3 missed and it freaked out the regular customers i was in a group with... when i got to my section of the haunt my manager wasn't letting my get out unscathed.... I was in the middle of a group in a hallway and he did a running slide as he passed "HE GOT ME!" i fell to the ground in pain and everyone in the group lost there minds... a few of the actors drug me into my own hide and ran the group out.... though i was done so i kept on the path to exit and nope.... got it again at the last corner before the exit.... It was funny as all get out but hurt... i guess it was kinda worth it because the real customers lost there minds when they saw what they thought was a customer get cup shot then drug into a dark corner and surrounded by monsters....

I later unintentionally got that same manager back when he was in a hide he wasn't supposed to be in and i went running into it in front of a group and ended up [putting a shoulder into his gut and knocked the wind out of him... Ended up sticking halfway out the spot holding the manager up with one arm and scaring the group as they passed lol
                Holy crap scaring people is fun!!!

Comment

I used to have all my actors telling me of a strange dark figure they would see in our haunt. No face just a shadow of a tall man. Also others had heard strange noises ect. One night something kicked the hell out of the back door as I was pouring out half drunk sodas causing me to raise up and hit my head on a steel pipe. I yelled for help and everyone thought I was pulling a joke. No one was found on the property outside. After all this strange happenings I would kinda get the creeps closing or going out there by myself working on things. But nothing ever really happened. I sometimes think it was my imagination getting the best of me. I still say to this day the building is haunted though. There was an old cement truck that was mangled and burnt up parked in front of the building when we first rented it. They said the man that drove it used to work there and died in a bad accident and burnt up in the wreck. Creepy Stuff!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

but then again...

It might be scarier if he had not died in such a wreck! He's all burnt and mad and looking for his last paycheck, do you have it Damon?
                    We are all very familiar with the old stories about hauntings and spirits that simply won't leave because they were murdered or a suicide or a wrongfull accidental death but I have a theory that some people just die when they still have too much energy in their body/soul? whatever?
                    Since energy can't be destroyed (although talk to me November first and I may argue that point) it may just hang around possibly noticable only certain times of the year, weather conditions, phases of the moon and maybe only certain people can pick up on this?
                    Many people actually come to my house with the intent to tell me their personal ghost story.
                    I have also met many people who were 100% skeptics...until They had such an experience.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Few times actually. Usually accidental. One actor came in from above which is not allowed but smart. Its usually actors going back through to their rooms to pick up bags/trash/etc they left behind because i only turn the lights out when I think everyones out. But a few good actors have made me jump, you build a room thinking you know all the twists, it just takes one really creative guy to make it his own.

Comment

When Customers Try it! ha!

"Boo! I bet I scared you, huh? Scared you in your own haunted house!"
                        "Nope..guess how many people have already tried the same thing you just did?"
                        One time a customer grabbed my ankle, he was hiding under an item but he was laying in several inches of slimey brown mud, flat on his back.
                        "Gotcha!"
                        "Oh?" (not startled or scared in the least)
                        "Your Mother is going to be very upset when she sees the mud all over your new sweater."
                        "Oh, she won't mind." (Yah! Sure!)
                        They stopped here after their weekend of skiing, slightly over-dressed to be laying in mud.
                        The couple of times I reacted somewhat in a way the customer could inturpit as me being afraid, I was afraid that the clumbsie idiot was going to fall on me! I had no fear from his actual supposid fear-inspiring act.
                        I mean really...I own the house, we live in it, I have done all the work here, well 98%of it, I and my wife have had actual supernatural experiences here , is some kid going to scare me?
                        I spent years working in dark basements by myself.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

So as promised...

One of the few times that I was actually scared in my haunted house: My ex had left for good maybe a month before this happened . She was being picked on here by the supernatural in this house. About two weeks before she left she had her hair yanked three times as she was in the wine cellar.
                          Three young men showed up for a tour. Two of them had been here before, as the four of us walked into the wine cellar (the most haunted room here) One of them was walking almost beside me . The room is 31 feet long by 16 feet wide with a 12 ft, high stone arch ceiling, the lights in the room were on and I heard a woman scream!
                          I turned toward the guy beside me and asked him (not wishing to unduly influence his answer)"Did you just hear...something?"
                          For some reason even though I very distinctively heard the scream, that was the LAST thing I expected him to say when he said:
                          "I heard a woman scream."
                          Real unnamed fear shot through my body! (??) I turned and ran up the steps , leaving those three guys in the wine cellar! (Well I had to see if someone was yelling down my basement stairs ?) This was my excuse for running like a deer passed them.
                          No, no one was yelling down the basement stairs.
                          I was to later discover my ex was screaming at about the same time when we heard the scream, a drunk woman was pinching her arm as she turned to leave the "party" which was being held about a mile from here.
                          One of the men in the tour did not hear the scream, he was still at the top of the wine cellar steps when it happened.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Knee-Weakening Scared!

This wasn't haunt related but it was a first time extreme scare experience (which I never need repeated!)
                            I was 10 yrs. old, playing Hide& Seek .
                            A summer long road construction project was happening infront of my parent's house.
                            It was 2 O'Clock break time for the construction crew.
                            I jumped from a pile of dirt to arrive at the rear of the "steam shovel"-Digger and hid inside even though the operator left it idling, "Nobody would ever think I would be hiding in here!"
                            As I barely balanced on a thin ledge inside the big engine room next to the massive engine thumping away slowly, belts, gears were spinning, eager to chew me up if I happened to lose my balance (real "smart", huh?)
                            As I was focused upon looking to see where my playmates were in the game I didn't notice the machine operator return from his break, the first thing he did was rev up the big engine (I'm balancing beside) It was deafening right there beside it inside that steel "room".
                            I jumped out and down to the dirt pile and ran as fast as I could for half a block, ending up under a neighbor's porch, then I felt my knees twitching from the fear, adreniline?
                            I was weak in the knees! Now I knew what people meant when they said that phrase!
                            I have done alot of running after that in my life but never felt that again!
                            I recently filled some blank walls here with cartoon drawings showing the numerous times I almost got killed or seriously injured in my life. I had forgotten there were so many of these instances until I began drawing them!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Not scared as muck as i was shocked. the haunt i work at is actually haunted. we had this thing where fake spikes would rase up when someone pulled a rope and when you let them go it would be really loud. well we were standing around talking and the guy that pulls the spikes up and down is holding the ropes and when he tries to pull them the ropes wont budge but the spikes are raising. i was standing on a platform so i could see if anyone else was pulling them but nope. must be the haunted souls of the furnace

Comment

Working...
                              X