Survey Question:Ever been scared?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared by a group

One night while working in a haunted house I had 2 rooms to work. To get between the 2 rooms there was a doorway that lead from the hidden passages for the actors to in between my 2 rooms with curtains on either side. I scared group in room B and could hear the next group getting close quicker than they should have been, so I took off running and pulled back the curtain and with out looking ran straight into the lead person in group A. I screamed and went running the other direction... the funny thing was they screamed and took off into room A... Someone must have left a secret door cracked and they went into a door instead of down the hall they should have come down. I'm not sure who was more frightened... me or them. After I regained my composure I had to lead them out of room A because there was a fence surrounding them, but they were not going back through that curtain.

Comment

Yes and I love it when it happens. Because If I get creeped out or scared in the haunt then the regular guests well they don't have prayer Mwhahahahahahahahahaha.
      Proud to be able to work at
      http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Didn't get "scared" per se (Well, actually I kind of did, but only because of the paranormal activity that happened occasionally in the abandoned theater that we were in...), but I DID refuse to go in one of our rooms because it was just that damn unnerving.

Last year one of our maze's was Silent Hill themed. Well the second to last room was a roomful of the faceless nurses and it was pitch black with a false flashlight beam that scanned it which was when the actresses would start doing the nurse walk. Well, one and only one time I tried to go through there after closing. I took two steps knowing full well there was noone in the building, and my flashlight caught one of the mannequin nurses and I said "Oh hell no." and turned right back around. I can only imagine how bad they must have gotten the guest when there were actual actresses in there.

Comment

Fear is now interest

I find it hard to become scared now. Though In my early years I was just a decorator and nearly S*** my pants once when I let my guard down at a haunt. Now however I find it hard to become scared but not impossible. Before now starting a haunt of my own or even before I got my chainsaw and just ran people off my lawn I helped a haunt in old town Temecula known as haunted old town when done. I would be there lab rat. When it was done I got complete access and I would pretend to be a victim and put my hood on. I knew every spot and I would go and scare the actors from behind. Now every haunt I go through I anger actors when I say "oh hello there" when they come out to scare. Though one time from behind me I heard a female go “he’s cute”. Then I worked at a home with a huge 20 year old haunt in his back yard. I nearly gave the owner a heart attack when working on it. Fear is something I find it more fascinating than horrifying and I try to study it when going through a haunt.

Anyone else feel the same?

Comment

"BIO", yes, fear is facsinating!

So many different ways it becomes expressed.
            Here in Ravens Grin we "Identify" a fear, laugh at it, then go on to something else. Which is incredibly cheap psycho therapy, as pointed out to me many years ago by a former classmate of mine who became a psychiatrist and author/lecturer.
            I love lulling them, having many lights "On", and still scaring them! Then watch and listen to them as they realise what scared them was as mundane, common and harmless as say, a garbage bag! (Just a garbage bag, with nothing in it.) (Or my face, no make-up!)
            Here is a real study point in fear: I was on one side of a big plexiglass display window, hidden out of sight as the lights blinked slowly off & on. A customer stopped to look in the window with his face very close to the plexiglass as the light blinked on and now I was perfectly lines up across from him eyeball to eyeball, retina to retina!
            I was the one doing the scare, yet what felt like some electrical current seemed to pass between us via this plexiglass-insulated connection via the eyes as the light blinked "On"!
            "WOW!!!"
            It was so incredible!

I also like to create a fearful concept that is not very normal...then give that an unexpected twist. It really gets people thinking (unless they just can't think at all anyway.)
            So the unusual occurs, they begin to anticipate what will befall them next, then something totally unexpected happens.
            My Brother and I worked some customers back and forth between us , it was classic and hysterical!
            I would be on one side of them first and scare them by just being there, then I would look passed them and get a look of fear on my face, they would turn to see what I was looking at, as my Brother came up on the other side with a white sheet over him, then he would take off the sheet , look back my way, they would turn their head and I would be gone! (Waiting to appear after they turned their head again toward my Brother! And of course scare them again!)
            It helped to have a very genuinely scary room wrapped around us all too. (The wine cellar)
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yeah, I actually hadn't been acting or working a haunt for more than a couple of days when I realized that very little actually gets me spooked. A lot of that is because when going through any maze I look for what *I* would do to scare someone. lol. It's the stuff that even I don't expect that do get me and rarely do they do much more than make me startle a little or jump a little. lol.

Comment

Getting scared???

When I used to be the GM at Night of Fright the actors would try to scare me..... It never worked because I always knew they were gunnin for me. Never had the customers scare me either... But when I was working alone painting a room one particular evening I started hearing things. I'm all alone and there was intermittent noises coming for the very next room. I grabbed my 6d cell mag light , ready to clock someone over the head....and went on a search to see who the hell was "F"ing with me. I found no one....needles to say I locked up and called it a night. It just unnerved me to an extent that I could not shake the feeling of being watched!

Now on the other hand the dude that owned the place...well I probably made him jump out of his skin some where around 159 times in about 6 or 7 years. Mostly by accident and because out of habit I would walk into a room with stealth.
                Dave B

Comment

Dave B, you used to GM at Night of Fright? I used to stop there all the time when I would visit Kings Island.
                  Katie Lane
                  Partner/VP
                  Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                  sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

"scrymnstr."

Did you think the noises from the other room were being made by people or ghosts?
                    Would one of these possibilitys frighten you more than the other?
                    Or maybe just that lingering doubt did it? The curse of not knowing..and never finding out?
                    Could it have been that owner you scared 159 times? It could be his perfect revenge,dis allowing you to never find out the truth via his absence that night.
                    I used to do a very simple thing here that scared most people, but I would always tell them before the tour was over that I had done it. I didn't want anyone to think they had an actual supernatural experience if it was just something of my doing.
                    Recently a customer was up close to me speaking in hushed tones about "something" that some of them had just "experienced" here! I quickly told him, "I made it happen." I guess he didn't happen to just look up and see the steel cable that opened the door for them...that I was pulling on the end of...25 feet away, around the corner,,waiting for them.
                    Yessir! Nothing but "High-Tech" found here!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

@ Jim... At first I thought it was a person or an animal, but when I could find nothing... well , I along with many others believe the place had something paranormal about it. As far as it being the bossman, could not have been.....He was in Florida at the time.

@ BruiseMuse... Yes , I was an actor from 1994 thru 1997 and General Manager 1998 thru 2000. I was the big bald guy with the long goatee ...lol.

Comment

I Have Experienced..

Very big sounds eminating from very small critters or even insects. Those noises are louder during the stillness of late hours too.
                        Tree frogs, chicadas, top the list, time for a tour12:44 they are here now!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well I never found out what it ended up being. It could have been "nothing" but at the time it sure seemed like" something"

Comment

hairs stood up.

Working on haunted trail through corn field before opening one night. Came across the machete stuck blade down in trail where I swear I did not leave it. hairs stood up on back of neck.

Many nights at grain bins (not in haunt area) I get same feeling. Many years ago Ethiopia was on news day after day for famine they were going through. In a dream I opened my grain bins feeding thousands who set up rag tag camps in my fields. One boy helped me distribute the food to those who could not walk any longer. Fianaly he was through helping others and came back to wheat bin for his turn to eat. The bin auger ran empty then. He smiled at me; fell into my arms; died of starvation in my arms. Only time I have ever woken up screaming. Every now and then I get a cold feeling at bins and the hairs stand up on back of my neck again..

Comment

Archtypal Images?

Memories inherited from our ancestors? via DNA.
                              I have had feelings of unease when standing close to large rusty metal water tanks. Besides the real possibility of them bursting and drowning me (not really that real) maybe my inherited ancient "memories" see these objects as some large animal that would do significant bodily harm to me?
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

First night, a newbie got me. Slightly embarassed about it actually. He is gunna do great this season. I came around a corner making sure everyone was OK(roving) and checking if anyone needed a bathroom break. He leapt in. He was standing on one of the trash cans around the corner.
                                Sadly I had to tell him that was a nono because a broken leg/ankle or sprained is no bueno. But he got me pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X