Free Locations for New Haunters???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Locations for New Haunters???

This being our haunts first year, I have asked MANY-a-haunt owner haw they got started. And every time I talk to a haunt owner, I take notes so i can go back and review all of their insights. I've been doing this for about two years now, so I have A LOT written down. While reviewing all of these notes the other day, I came upon the realization that a lot of these haunters ended up with good deals on their first haunt location. And by good deal, I mean they some how did not have to pay rent. I chalk it up to a favor for a person who is starting a new business, or maybe even an opportunity to drive traffic to a struggling vacant building.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there got a good deal like this, for a first year haunt, and might want to share some insight as to how you made this happen. I know its a long shot, but its definitely something I would like to explore, if there is even the slightest possibility.

Did you get a rent free location for your first year? Do you know a haunt owner who did? I would really like any insight on this topic I can get.

THANKS!!!
    Chris Tillman, President
    Rocky Mountain Terror, LLC
    Trick or Terror Haunted House
    www.TerrorHaunts.com

For the first several years (1999-2003), we rented an abandoned restaurant building for $500. It was 6,000 square feet and on a major highway, North Monroe, about 1 mile from I-10 in Tallahassee. I probably only got the owner to allow it because he knew my brother and therefore trusted me. It worked out well, although no sprinkler system limited the number of people we could put through at any one time. It was one of those places that really was haunted, and workers would report being touched when no one else was around, or strange noises and cold spots, that kind of thing. I loved that place-- it certainly had the creepy atmosphere provided free of charge. Eventually the building was sold and torn down, but it was a great location and the price was about as cheap as the guy could allow. We then moved on to a much bigger location (and the rent shot up) but we got our sea legs there.
    www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Our first year we teamed up with the college theater department. We did a haunt based on Dante's Inferno. An alumni donated the use of an 18000 square foot building to do the haunt in
      Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

We do ours at our local Historical Society, we do everything there with no charge, but some money does go to Historical Society to restore the old buildings!

Christian Sivley
        Heritage Haunt Manager
        Heritage Haunt
        www.scvhaunt.com

Comment

Working...
        X