Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Question

Greetings all~

Wasn't sure EXACTLY where to post this so my apologies in advace if this is the wrong section.

Me and my team ( as a new haunt in the area.. going commercial after many years) have done a web page via Webs.com , as well as using Webs page creator, the person creating the page is using Firefox as thier browser.

Granted this is a VERY BASIC page ( no flash or java or any "bells and whistles".. at least not yet )

We are currently having an issue with the "alignment" in the IE browser.(which as im sure most of you know is the MAIN browser that customers will use to visit the site)

If you look at the page in Chrome or Firefox ( or any other browser Besides IE.. any version) it looks the way it is supposed to (centered)...

When using IE(apprently its an IE "bug") it is ALL "justified" to the left ..

If someone could possibly take a look at the "source code" and see what the issue may be it would be greatly apprecaited ...

We HAVE ran it through most of the HTML/SOURCE code checkers . but can't seem to figure out where to make adjustments.

Any help (as well as any other "critiques" ) would be appreciated..
    Thank you

~LoneWolf/Jeff

Add

text-align: center;

to your body css. IE's broken and mistakenly does what you want it to ;-) Shouldn't have negative affect on FF/Safari/Chrome either.
    -------------------------------
    http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Website

Originally posted by imax View Post
      Add

to your body css. IE's broken and mistakenly does what you want it to ;-) Shouldn't have negative affect on FF/Safari/Chrome either.
      Imax~

Thank you for the advice ..

One thing I SHOULD have mentioned.... is that I'm more used to a WYSIWYG web site authoring ..

YES I know ... it's one of the worst types to use ,, but that what we have to work with .. ..( right at this point)

None of us are really "educated" ( so to speak) as far as editing HTML Source code ...

We DO know SOME as far as to having to have the ending and closing tag(s) but not enough to know acctualy where to put them.

And IF Webs,com alows to edit it . You mentioned :

"text-align:center" and "to your body css."

Again this goes back to what I said previously .. (I can get acess to the source and send to the person who is creating the site.. )..

We just would need to know where to put things I so things render correctly ..

Thanks again for the help.

~LoneWolf\

Comment

I have no idea what the architecture of your site is, but if you find this block of code:

html, body {
        margin: 0px;
        padding: 0px;
        }

And change it to:

html, body {
        margin: 0px;
        padding: 0px;
        }

You should be good to go. That's about the best I can do for you without physically having access to your account (which you really don't want to give to anyone, ever!). Unless you hire them... and even then change the password immediately after they are done.

Good luck, have a nice weekend.

-- I
        -------------------------------
        http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Coding.. for Imax

Imax~

TY for the help ..

If changing that codeing will it make it "cross browser compatable" ( Chrome,Firefox,IE at least for updated versions) then im all for it

And you enjoy your weekend as well ..

Ty again for your help...ts much apprecaited

~LoneWolf

Comment

Working...
          X