Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Week, I received the deal of a LIFETIME!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Week, I received the deal of a LIFETIME!!!

Ok, so I Just HAVE to shout this out to the world!!! Or, the HauntWorld. Lol.

Last Sunday night at around 10 PM, I got a tip that a local haunt was up for sale on CraigsList. I checked it out, and it looked pretty impressive. Thanks to previous advice I got from you guys here on the forum, I decided I would check out the goods before getting too excited. I asked to view the haunt the next afternoon, and to my surprise, not only were all of the props in GREAT condition, but she had only listed about half of the inventory she had, in order to see who REALLY wanted to look into her haunt.

This was a family run haunt, and her kids have now left for college. The haunt was too big for her to run anymore. Price didn't really matter to her. She just wanted to see her haunt go to someone who would appreciate it as much as she did.

In the end, she sold it to me for about 10% of what it was truly worth. Me being a first year pro haunter, THIS HAS BECOME A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

My staff and I moved all of the inventory this Wednesday, in the pouring rain. We didn't care, we now have the cornerstone of our first haunt. We have since inspected every last prop, and they are all in great condition!

This just goes to show, if you want something bad enough, and you work hard enough at it, things just start happening. At least that's my story. There is still LOTS of work to do to get our haunt up and running. The original plan was to have all custom built props. And the majority of our first haunt WILL BE custom built props, but this definitely gives us a HUGE advantage we didn't have before.

TRULY, one of the greatest weeks of my life...
    Chris Tillman, President
    Rocky Mountain Terror, LLC
    Trick or Terror Haunted House
    www.TerrorHaunts.com

Congratulations!

And good luck with your new project! Shane and its I wish you much success! Shane this time!
    sigpic

Comment

The haunt gods have smiled on you..........Good Luck
      Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

Comment

Chris,

When you pursue your passion and dreams and the Joy they provide, the Universe will conspire to support you. Never give up on your dreams and they will grow bigger and stronger with time! Remember to always treat everyone you meet as an opportunity to help support their dreams and joy as well. Blessings are meant to flow. Let your blessings flow through you and they'll never stop coming! Your haunt business will provide many opportunities to bless others, especially in personal and professional growth. Challenges will arise and your strength and faith will be tested. Maintain a strong network of true friends who will help you get through the rough times and back to your dreams. True friends will tell you what you may not want to hear when you need to hear it. Ultimately though, true friends will support your goals, your vision and your dream and they will encourage your progress and success! Often, challenges present themselves to remind us that we need to rely on one another. If you become an island, there is no one to share the joy with. When there is no one to share the joy with, the joy fades. Share and your joy will touch many lives and reach levels unfathomed!

Congratulations on this perfect example of the Universe supporting your dreams! Watch for "coincidences"!

Don't know why I just waxed so philosophical.

Kel
        Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 05-15-2010, 09:02 AM.
        sigpic
        Kelly Allen
        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
        www.RaycliffManor.com
        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME news to here chris!.

Im excited as heck for you.

Just reading your post I can just about imagine how pumped you must be to start seeing some of the peices start to fit together for your future project. Wish you the best and always looking forward to seeing your progress.
          Kelly Anderson
          Owner- Halloween Undercroft
          http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
          Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Great job Chris!! As Kel said, keep it up and never give up and things just happen for you.

Keep us posted on how things go for you.

Congrats again on your find!!
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Thanks everyone!!! There is still a lot of hoops to jump through, but I am more optimistic than ever!! And great talking to you the other night Kel.
              Chris Tillman, President
              Rocky Mountain Terror, LLC
              Trick or Terror Haunted House
              www.TerrorHaunts.com

Comment

CONGRATS MAN!!!!!

It's great to see new haunts in denver, more places to explore. Do you guys have a location yet? Can't wait to see you in action!
                *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

congrats the haunt gods smiled upon me too

Really congrats on that deal. Funny how things work out.

I helped my couisn with a haunt over the last 8 years and it became a big part of my Oct. Could not imagine not doing it. Well he suddenly moved. He could only load his best props in a moving truck and was moving across te country.

I decided the day I heard he was leaving that I would continue it..but I did not have a place or any props. i did have sound and lighting as that is mainly what I did for him. I am very creative, but never really desiged or scarred.

So he gave me everything he did not take. A lot of cool stuff for free! Maniquins (sp?) masks, props, lots of lumber. almost everything I have set out to build has worked perfect with the animations and stuff. I learned most of it on here from you guys.

Then the mall donated a BIG 20,000 sq ft space right next to a lazer tag/arcade kids hangout. They were excited to help in anyway as this might bring them customers as well. The space is heated and cooled and has a room with a bathroom perfect for a dressing room. This used to be a big department store that is totally gutted, so smooth floors and everything. There is also an upstairs with a big window that looks down on the room. I am thinking off being up there with a wireless mic and spotlight and taunting people as they go through a maze below.

Also I have a friend that does biz cards and Iam getting 5000 uv coated, both sides printed and design for free! I do radio spots, and he needs some done for trade. He usually charges 150 for 5000, which is a pretty good deal anyway. I have seen his work and they look great. He does tose nightclub flyers that are slick and shiney.

So the gods are smilling on me as well. I hope it conitues to go well for us all.

Comment

What a great find! Congrats & good luck on your haunt!
                    missjayne
                    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                    http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X