Sunday May16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday May16th

Grandpa and two little granddaughters graced my door. One girl had been here previously the "little" girl was said to be "scared" but kept smiling like she wasn't.
    Everyone really enjoyed the tour.
    At the exit Grandpa paused and told me the older girl was now going to live with her Father after the custody battle..and she was afraid, she scarcely knew her Father (the parents were never married) and Mom is many miles from her too attending classes...the girl Really wanted to come here again before she left on the long trip to live elsewhere and Grandpa thought this was a fine idea too.
    So smiles, happiness and maybe a little courage for whats next seemed to be available at a haunted house!
    Glad to be of service.
    It was kind of a different situation.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

wow.. some things you want to keep in the heart before a big jump in to the wild.
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

that is an awesome story! Very cool. I really need to come out there next time I head west for anything.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

We have had some real heart-tuggers

A young girl with a fatal, slow, debillitaing condition came here before it overtook her body. Later we saw where she had gotten to try a real circus trapeeze too along with several other kids with her same condition (rare malady) WOW! What can you say?
        We have hosted many groups of mentally challenged people here with excellant results!
        You have to go easy, make plenty of eye-contact, make them relax and laugh along the way and they respond wonderfully and talk about making yourself feel good! Jessica and I marvel at these people and their spirit.
        A few years ago a woman woke up her son and daughter, she had been accumulating brochures and newspaper articles of places she wanted to someday take them and that day it was our turn. "Get out of bed! Take a shower! I'm taking you to a special place today, and you will like it!"
        "Aww Mom..."
        "You heard me! Get moving!"
        Her son's birth defect robbed him of most of the use of both his legs, the "father" left when he was born because of this....
        Her Son is in his early 20's and he basically crawled and drug himself through this house, loving every second of it, extremely apprieciative for the experience!!! (I'm getting choked-up typing this)
        Jessica and I maintained incredible restraint as a young couple in the group began carping, "Do we Have to Wait for Him?"
        "There but for the Grace of God go you or I."
        Before any of us ever engage , indulge ourselves in self-pity, just look around, there will always be somebody who has things tougher than we do, count those blessings. Don't forget them.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X