Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak peek at the Silicone Fx Clown Mask!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak peek at the Silicone Fx Clown Mask!

Hey All,
    Here's a sneak peek at the sculpture in progress of our new Silicone Fx Clown mask!

We'll have video and new shots of our other starting masks very soon!

Larry Bones
    Bone Yard Effects, Inc.
    800-878-0566
    Attached Files

Sick sculpt! I am curious, how these masks fit? Do you have a size of the head form you cast it on?

Comment

We wanted to make masks that fits average to large sizes. We've found that two small pieces of sheet foam allow these to fit most people that we've tried them on.
      What specific dimensions of the positive would you want?
      Larry

Comment

Maybe like 22.5 in around the crown and 15 around the neck...

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm heading out of town until next Wednesday, but I'll take those measurements for you as soon as I get back!

Comment

Alright man thank you. And I'm curious since the mouth already has teeth in it when you open it and talk does you mouth show considering how wide the opening is? By the way, the detail in that is awesome. I think it would make a great clown or just a general monster, very versatile!

Comment

The teeth are all rigid cast plastic that is bonded into the silicone. There is a silicone panel behind the teeth that covers your upper and lower lips. We also try to create overbites or underbites to help cover the wearer's teeth. I think a little tooth black and you wouldn't see anything but Fangs!

Comment

By the way, This is Designed and Sculpted by my Lead designer/Sculptor Andrew Freeman. His work is the Bomb!

Comment

Cool! Good luck man with your new masks! The look great, this one is my favorite yet!

Comment

Good question on sizing since it looks bad for loose silicone masks and they are less comfortable like the old vampire from spfx, they seem to fit much better now. CFX masks all seem to fit great.

Larry could you take and post a short video of someone wearing any one of your masks? Great looking masks!

DA

Comment

We are making 3 more of our starting lineup for pictures and video of people wearing them. The Werewolf is almost done and the Witch/hag is in Process. The Demon has been cast but hasn't been painted quite yet. We're jumping on this fast so we can show everyone what they really look like.

Our Prototypes were finished just in time for Monsterpalooza and then were purchased within the first few hours of the show. We never got a chance to take any video or clean stills.

One thing we have done is to create an extended neck positive. We have found that this distributes the weight of the silicone over the shoulders more evenly.

I'll post here as soon as we get our videos/pics up.

Comment

Awesome! How wide is the mouth opening? is it as wide as the teeth and jaw go or is the mouth opening more of an average sized opening?

Comment

The mouth opening is approx. 1/4 inch wider on either side of the form we use. We want to cover as much of the wearer's face from showing as possible. We also have very close eyeholes that can be trimmed to the wearer's comfort.

Comment

that looks great! Can't wait to see the full line-up. I'm liking the ripped up ear as well.
                            juan garcia
                            alteredfleshfx@aol.com

Comment

Man that is a wicked piece! I love it! I wish i had a fraction of his talent! Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X