Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TransWorld Info!

Hi All
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I live in the area near transworld is being held, anyone flying into Midway?(Right by my house) I just wanted to lend a hand to anyone who needs diretions/good restaurant/etc, Just let me know!
    Dom
    I bought all of the props for my Haunted Graveyard this year with the $600 in FREE AMAZON GIFTCARDS I got for searching Google with this site!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PrettyGood

You know, this may sound crazy - but last year we stumbled upon this GREAT little Chinese Buffet / Take out kind of place. Don't even remember the name of the place. It was on a 'main drag' close to the convention center. It was in a little strip mall right next to a White Castle, it was very small and not the least bit fancy. They served frozen fruit smooties that were KILLER and about a 1/2 dozen entrees that cost about $5 for more food than any one person could eat. I'd love to eat there again if we could find it. I don't suppose you know what I'm talking about?
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

There's a Tiki Bar somewhere around the area of TW too. Any thoughts on that location, I can't remeber where it is.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

I remember hearing about a Tiki Bar as well. That sure sounds like fun. We have a Tiki themed room at our inn.

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I remember passing by the Tiki bar on the way to Dreamreapers. Don't know the street names or directions but it wasn't far away.

Comment

Man, I hope I can work it in to the schedule and check it out. I love all things retro and Tiki!

Kel
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I just remebered that Nicole always plans an evening there (Friday I think). Maybe this will be the year to make it over there

Comment

Sacrlett, Im going to try to find it now Gotta love buffets!
                I bought all of the props for my Haunted Graveyard this year with the $600 in FREE AMAZON GIFTCARDS I got for searching Google with this site!
                http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PrettyGood

Comment

This year, we've commited to the get-together at Giordano's (I think that's the name) Pizza Place on Friday at 6:00 and then we're heading to Dreapreapers at about 8:00 Friday night. Keep us posted though Barry, if you find anything out. If nothing else, you could always join us over at the Pizza Place!

Kel
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I need to find some place that serves some good Chicago style pizza, and I need to know if there is a sushi bar area. My motley crew has already requested these food items. Any names and addresses would be appreciated.
                    sigpic
                    Louis Brown
                    Owner, operator, and dish washer
                    at
                    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Here is the bar

here is a link for the bar....not too far from DR...just don't get too ripped

http://www.hala-kahiki.com/
                      Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Louis, we are talking about going back to that Italian place we went to two years ago as well. That place had great food.

For pizza, I like Uno's downtown. Kathy and I went to another place downtown last year (the one where you can sign the walls) but I liked Uno's better.

Sushi I don't know about but let me know if you find one. I may tag along

And Ken, don't get too ripped? Killjoy

Comment

I understand where Ken is coming from. Get too ripped and bodilly fluids dribble all over the place and then who's going to mop it up?
                          Sort of like when people tell me they are "broke".
                          "I could tell by the way that you walked."
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Barry,

I did little digging, and I found two that are near by
                            Nikko Japanese Restaurant
                            282 E. Algonquin Rd.
                            Arlington Heights 60005
                            847-364-9546
                            and
                            Sushi 21
                            (847) 583-1212
                            www.sushi21.nv.switchboard.com
                            8353 1/2 W Golf Rd
                            Niles, IL 60714

If we decide to hit one, I'll let you know. We will get RIPPED! lol
                            sigpic
                            Louis Brown
                            Owner, operator, and dish washer
                            at
                            DarkWood Manor

Comment

Originally posted by ScarlettP
                              You know, this may sound crazy - but last year we stumbled upon this GREAT little Chinese Buffet / Take out kind of place. Don't even remember the name of the place. It was on a 'main drag' close to the convention center. It was in a little strip mall right next to a White Castle, it was very small and not the least bit fancy. They served frozen fruit smooties that were KILLER and about a 1/2 dozen entrees that cost about $5 for more food than any one person could eat. I'd love to eat there again if we could find it. I don't suppose you know what I'm talking about?
                              Scar,

let me know if you find out the name of this place and decide to go....I'm with ya!!

Comment

Working...
                              X