Bad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News

If you had plans to order a costume this year we are going to offer big discounts.
    I was on my way home from the shop early yesterday morning when a cat darted out in right in front of me. I swerved to miss it and somehow my foot hung over the gas and under the brake and I ran head first into a phone pole. The pole sat about a foot from the curb and I hit it going about 35. Messed up my neck and wrists and my right knee.
    It was the family car and now it's totaled. No way to get around and no way to get my daughter to and from school, it's a really tough spot to be in....
    So this is good news for those of you interested in getting a costume this season. PM me here or send me an email at Sales AT SpookyWoodsFX.com, let me know what you're interested in and I'll give you a price. You can save HUNDREDS if you order right now!
    Thanks and take care and let me know if you have any questions.
    P.S. Two weeks ago I took collision off my policy. We had to tighten the belt and in going over the budget, that was one thing we could save a few dollars on. I'm an idiot.

Decayed
    Bare Bones
    Foot Soldier
    Anubis

Last edited by SpookywoodsFX.com; 06-01-2010, 05:06 PM.

Oh my!!! So sorry to hear you are hurt. Hope you get to feeling better real soon. I would order more costumes but I have already ordered 3.. By the way the finger and the ear....way cool!!
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Mark

Glad to know your ok man! Shane and its hang in there things will get better! Shane this time!
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident, hope you're alright. Next time show no mercy for the cat...
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          Next time show no mercy for the cat...
          LOL. The good news is that you are still here for your family. Hope everything comes back together for you
          StackerSteve
          LoT 27
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

Glad your ok hope you heal fast and full recover.
            Proud to be able to work at
            http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

So sorry to hear about that.. had a bad wreck last July so I know what you're going through. I hope we are still on track to have my costume before the end of next month, we have convention appearances in July.
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

Pm sent to you.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you heal soon and are able to get a car back on the road soon.
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Things Can change So quickly.

Getting back to square -one always requires time and time is not our friend sometimes when bills and work seem to operate on their own schedule ,not user-friendly to us.
                    Sheet metal is so cheap compared to human parts, I guess luck is all relative?
                    Things will get better. Things will get better. Things will get better.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Im sorry but that would have been one dead kitty. Had that happen to me once but it was on ice and I was between two cars parked on the side of the road. I tapped the brakes started to slide. Let off the breaks and took the cat out. It was either me or the cat. So the cat had to go! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope things get a little better sometime soon.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

brakes only

I never swerve for animals. Growing up in Wisconsin and having lots of deer crossing the roads, you learn that your life is not worth a deer or any animal. They get full brakes, but not a swerve. Too many people have accidents that way.
                        Now of course if the officer is demanding to know why I am swerving back and forth.... (no, not for many, many years) LOL
                        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Wow, that's a tough break! Trust that something good will come of it all. So sorry to hear about it, but I'm definitely sending positive thoughts and healing energy for good things to manifest as a result of your situation!

Kel
                          sigpic
                          Kelly Allen
                          Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                          www.RaycliffManor.com
                          www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Sorry to hear.

Sorry to hear about the wreck. I am glad you are okay. I just sent you a pm regarding my order.

I hope you are better soon!
                            Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                            Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                            www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Thank you to everyone that posted and sent messages, it really does mean allot.
                              The last few days have been difficult but I'm sure it will get better. Still haven't made a sale at this point but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm keeping an eye on CL for a car hoping I'll find what we need. Things will work out, I'm sure. I still have my arms and legs and my family is healthy so it really isn't that bad It could always be worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X