No announcement yet.

New Haunt Opening! Track our Progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Haunt Opening! Track our Progress!

Hello Haunt Community! We met many of you at TW and you were interested in seeing our space and progress. If you didnt meet us - here is our background.

We are a group of 4 guys, all with a love for haunting and have 30 years of haunting experience (combined)

We have just aquired a 20,000 square foot space in Appleton Wisconsin and have begun construction of 'OBLIVION HAUNTED HOUSE" Land of the damned.

Our goal is to produce a quality, safe attraction to rival other professional haunts.
    Our first year budget is under 20,000 dollars and I think you will be supprised with our final product. Check back often as we post our progress and adventure of opening a new haunt.
    Last edited by OblivionHauntedHouse; 05-25-2010, 05:11 PM.
    "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
    Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
    Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Best of luck to you guys. Keep us updated.

Peter T
    FS
    Fables Studios
    Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
    https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

First photo is a shot of the main warehouse facing South. The upstairs you see in this shot will house costumes/props/wardrobe and Makeup as well as our main office and controll rooms. There are full heated bathrooms and break areas up there as well for all of our actors.

Second shot is the main warehouse facing north. The entrance to the haunt is on the back left corner where we have constructed a large indoor 'industrial' q line area before entering the event on our 'hellevator' - custom made by ourselves.

Third shot is all 4 of us when we put the first walls up in the back warehouse. This area has become our 'Asylum' and is near completion. More photos to come.

The last photo is some of the guys relaxing after throwing some more wall panels up.

Love to hear your feedback when we get more photos posted! Cheers!

-Oblivion Haunted House 'Disciple' - Erick
      Attached Files

Erick James Gyrion
      Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Thanks Peter! These shots are from February and we have come quite far! We are done with major construction and are working on scenic work now. Man it's great to work on your own event and do whatever you want

Erick James Gyrion
        Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Looks cool...how about some updated pics ??

Comment

Ill get some up today before 5pm my time.

Erick James Gyrion
            Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

First Shot - A shot of the main building from the Lot
              Second Shot - A shot of the main lot
              Third Shot - One of our 'Ticket Pods' being scenically detailed. I was quite proud of these. We are building them on 4'x4' pallets for easy moving.

Fourth Shot - The entry of the haunt / q line area / Hellevator entrance
              Fifth Shot - Basemement scene out of the elevator. The Furnace is a drop panel.
              Attached Files

Erick James Gyrion
              Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Here are some more shots. Note everything was shot under work lighting.

First Shot - Another view of the basement scene
                Second - Entry to the 'Asylum'
                Third - The 'birthing room' in the asylum
                Fourth - Exam room wall detailing under construction. Cheap, easy and very cool. We are taking photocopies of old medical sheets I bought for dirt cheap at barnes and noble and wall paper paste (and flame retardant) them to the wall. Then we will take dirty water washes over the top of them and add all other scenic elements (I.E. cabinets, shelves, other posters, etc)

Fifth - Outdoor staging area directly outside the main entrance.
                Attached Files

Erick James Gyrion
                Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Place looks Bad ass!!! Keep up the work!!

Peter T
                  FS
                  Fables Studios
                  Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                  https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

We have learned over the years many tricks and tips on working with a tiny budget. We build soley around with what we find. If anyone would like some tips on that topic, or has a small budget to work with - we are bursting with great CHEAP ideas to acheive a quality product. Dont hesitate to contact us!

Become a friend of me on facebook: Erick James

Fan the haunt: Oblivion Haunted House

Erick James Gyrion
                    Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by OblivionHauntedHouse View Post
                      We have learned over the years many tricks and tips on working with a tiny budget. We build soley around with what we find. If anyone would like some tips on that topic, or has a small budget to work with - we are bursting with great CHEAP ideas to acheive a quality product.
                      Now there's an idea for a new book.

The place looks great, especially working on a small budget.

Comment

We dont have the time to write a book, or we would. But I am willing to share any and all info, tips or tricks I know to any haunters in need. Thanks for the comments, Shawnc!

Erick James Gyrion
                        Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

its amazing what I pass on the road in the trash

everyday. Incredible stuff you can just pick up and take. Travel the highways and byways with a big, open empty truck. You'll be surprised what you'll come back with. great props, furniture, and stuff you can use in your room scenes. You guys got it all going on! Good luck. The place looks great so far. It's all in just using your imagination.

Comment

It's looking great guys! Keep up the awesome work!
                            Zach Wiechmann
                            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Originally posted by chuck weber View Post
                              everyday. Incredible stuff you can just pick up and take. Travel the highways and byways with a big, open empty truck. You'll be surprised what you'll come back with. great props, furniture, and stuff you can use in your room scenes. You guys got it all going on! Good luck. The place looks great so far. It's all in just using your imagination.
                              You got that right! If you look really close at the elevator picture...the buttons are actually shotgun shell tops shoved into foam. We ofcourse will paint and detail it all but its all about thinking outside the box.

Thanks for the compliments. We are pretty excited about the event.

Erick James Gyrion
                              Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                              X