No announcement yet.

New Haunt Opening! Track our Progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing scenic design, if the ticket booth is any indication of your overall detail you're going to slay'em this season. Keep the photos posting; well done!

Comment

I will post some more photos tonight. We have been working night and day to meet our completion deadline.
      "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
      Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
      Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Great job guys, can't wait to see more! We'll make sure we stop out and see you!
        Jennifer
        HauntedWisconsin.com
        Halloween Entertainment Guide

Comment

Hey Erick

i would like to come up there and help out as well as talk to you about a rather cool marketing idea i have... I will send you something on FB as soon as i am done playin on here
          http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
          sigpic
          "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

Originally posted by OblivionHauntedHouse View Post
            I will post some more photos tonight. We have been working night and day to meet our completion deadline.
            Cant find my SD card reader. Sorry for the delay on updated photos!

Erick James Gyrion
            Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Awesome post! Good to meet you guys at the HHA booth this year at TW.

You are kicking serious ass, everything looks great. I'm looking forward to watching more of your progress.

It get's tougher to post as crunch time nears. We all appreciate the sharing of your photos and ideas. Keep up the good work, you are off to an incredible start!

Eric
              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Here are some pictures of the recent rooms/halls we have been working on.
                Attached Files

Erick James Gyrion
                Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Keep up the wicked work and keep the photos coming! i cant beleive u did all this for $20K.
                  Shawn
                  Fear Engineer
                  HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Awesome Work

Love the work, great detail and amazing with the budget you have.
                    Grant Brott
                    Haunted House Startup

Comment

Originally posted by shawng View Post
                      Keep up the wicked work and keep the photos coming! i cant beleive u did all this for $20K.
                      Actually, you may be amazed to know that we have done it thus far for 8K. The original post said UNDER 20K!

Erick James Gyrion
                      Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

You "DO" What You Have To Do.

Over 23 years I have also spent a very small amount of $ on my haunt, because I had no money!
                        Haunt venders had to see me walk on by....
                        "I build stuff from junk too, but for some reason yours always looks better than mine?"
                        I educated this young man :"Maybe you just need a bigger junk pile?"
                        Looking for something "round?" How many round shapes do you see in your junk pile?
                        Buy a 3 1/2 inch grinder and cut that shape from the rest of the item it is in.
                        When I built the "Superbird" front end on my 79 Thunderbird the lower front pieces were "round " shapes cut from a 275 gallon fuel oil tank like everyone used to have in their basement for the old oil furnace.
                        People would look at this and say:"You took the front end off of a Chevy Lumina, didn't you?"
                        "I would pound a fist on it and say, "Think again!" As the heavy, low "Thud!" sound filled their ears.
                        I have cleaned out huge dumpsters full of "stuff", I have the technology to pull nails and saw off rotted board ends!
                        Over these last ten or so years I have actually bought a few items from local antique malls but I sure didn't pay very much for any of them.
                        I can find a more relaxed work atmosphere when I'm handling very inexpensive materials!
                        Are "We" having "Fun" yet? Sure looks like to me!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Words spoken from a very wise man, Jim! Way to go erick! stay under that budget bro! More money in your pocket and ultimately your haunt will be way better because it is built with love
                          http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
                          sigpic
                          "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

Yes, that is true if you can save money and build it yourself that is great!

BUT, unless you are very skilled and can build very well it may work for what you need and get you by but it probably won't look that great. I have watched countless videos from haunts and as many news features as can be found listed here or on youtube. The fact is, when the news crews come out to film they don't care much for painted walls or small details, they want to see the big stuff. They want to see the super cool props and facades, the Slayer animations and the huge jack in the box scares, the headless horseman and horse piece or the Yogoth and all the things like those. Thats what they film almost every time because its impressive, it's fascinates them and the viewers, and just looks great on camera. Also, guests walk so quickly through and the lighting is usually dark so many of the small but cool details are lost to all but other haunters and detail oriented people, artists and the like.

See this news feature from the Darkness and look how they focus almost entirely on their cool props...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlThZiFRnGU

Everything looks great in your haunt that you have posted you guys have done so much with very little. Good luck with everything.

DA
                            Last edited by Darkangel; 06-08-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Yeah, i mean, im impressed regardless, the scenic stuff is great, i do a little bit of that as well, but certainly not to that extent. Im impressed because I just compare numbers to numbers, i have spent $50,000 on props and animations (lots of unit 70, distortions and some scarefactory stuff) and i dont even have a pro haunt! (i do it for fun) :-), the scenery of my haunt is not that nice but people sure love the cool props!
                              Shawn
                              Fear Engineer
                              HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

You must have one hell of a home haunt then Shawng!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X