Returning back to work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning back to work!

It was sometime in March I posted on here I was going into surgery to have a brain tumor removed, next month (June) I can FINALLY return to work! I have to finish up with my speech therapy, my goal is to be in out-patient for 3 weeks or LESS! My short term memory is improving everyday, my therapist believes as well as I that I can accomplish my goal of 3 weeks or LESS! I am one DETERMINED individual to get my S.T.M. working again!

After my speech therapy concludes, I can return to work! SO HAPPY!

John Elks
    John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Awesome John, Glad to hear it! Good luck!
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Great news. Keep us posted on the recovery...
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Great news John!!! Hope you are fully recovered soon and back to work. We can't wait to see the new nursery you designed at the haunt.

Comment

Awsome News!

Jon I am so proud and glad for you! Shane and its way to go man! Shane this time!
          sigpic

Comment

Thats Great News John! Im glad to hear that you are doing so well. I dont know how hard physically your job is but I wouldnt over do it. Take care and keep us updated on your progress.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

That's FANTASTIC to hear! Listen to Damon and don't over do it. I'm sure others will tell you the same. I didn't listen and was back up and at it after my heart surgery and I'm paying for it with a still cracked sternum. I was warned but just very anxious to get back to work.... I wish I had listened.
              Here's to a very speedy recovery for you John and hopefully a quick 3 weeks!
              Take care!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Thank you to all of you who prayed for me, kept your fingers crossed, etc., it's definitely helped! My in-home speech therapist originally had me down for 4 weeks (2 days each week) that she'd come see me, I was able to complete EVERYTHING in 3!
                She says once I finally transition to the hospital for the out-patient there'll be a LOT more there I can work with & do compared to the limited things she could bring to the house in her car! I start this coming Friday at 9:45 AM with an evaluation, then on with the therapy. At least I can start driving again, all 3 of my doctors (Primary Care Physician who I went to see at the very beginning & he made the discovery of the tumor, Rehab, & Neurologist who was my surgeon) all say I'm good to go FINALLY!

John Elks
                Actor turned Staff/Security
                10th year veteran
                John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

That's awesome news John! You've had a lot of positive thoughts, energy and prayers coming out to you from your haunt family my friend! Thanks for the update and for sharing the great news on your progress. Each day you'll continue to get exponentially better! May the strength and faith you've gained from your experience empower you to have a new lease on life and do great things!

Kel
                  sigpic
                  Kelly Allen
                  Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                  www.RaycliffManor.com
                  www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                  www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Good to hear man. You'll come out stronger than ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X