No announcement yet.

I need used haunt asap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Karl. You've done nothing but make a fool out of yourself and everyone else trying to sell their haunt to you. You clearly don't have the money, and probably wont for quite some time so don't ask for information until you do!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

In regards to the Pepsi grant, I'm assuming you're talking about the Pepsi Refresh Project. If you are, I would not get my hopes up on having money. There's virtually no way under the sun or the moon that you're going to get enough votes to get the money from the Pepsi grant. The winners have tons of votes; you'll be lucky to make it in the top 10 with your potential haunt, let alone actually win.
      Believe me, I am a teen desperate to get into this industry: you have to start small. Start this year by going over the top with your decorations for Halloween. Then next year, maybe work on setting up a small thing in your front yard for the trick or treaters using wall panels to make maybe one or two rooms and then some halls and treat it like a miniature haunt. Have the kids walk through and then give them candy or what not. I know it's not easy to settle for something small when you want to be the best in the industry, but people spends thousands of dollars just on the walls of a haunt: solid black plywood walls. That's not counting props, make-up, lighting, sound systems, music, actors, the building, or ANYTHING besides walls.
      ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
      Campbellsville, KY

Comment

End this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 - 2 - 1 - over !

Comment

Since Somethinginthe ice has not asked: How much for the troll? LOL

Comment

How much you asking for the Troll?
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Barry, do not make me get into a bidding war over the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by tchaunt View Post
                In regards to the Pepsi grant, I'm assuming you're talking about the Pepsi Refresh Project. If you are, I would not get my hopes up on having money. There's virtually no way under the sun or the moon that you're going to get enough votes to get the money from the Pepsi grant. The winners have tons of votes; you'll be lucky to make it in the top 10 with your potential haunt, let alone actually win.
                Believe me, I am a teen desperate to get into this industry: you have to start small. Start this year by going over the top with your decorations for Halloween. Then next year, maybe work on setting up a small thing in your front yard for the trick or treaters using wall panels to make maybe one or two rooms and then some halls and treat it like a miniature haunt. Have the kids walk through and then give them candy or what not. I know it's not easy to settle for something small when you want to be the best in the industry, but people spends thousands of dollars just on the walls of a haunt: solid black plywood walls. That's not counting props, make-up, lighting, sound systems, music, actors, the building, or ANYTHING besides walls.
                I have literally been there, done that. But Thanks for the advice. And the Pepsi Refresh Project Only takes a thousand applications in a month, you have to be one of the top 2 grants to get funded. I have looked up the # of votes the past recipents have gotten, and you would be suprised at how low they were. I guess its not a SUPER popular project, but it is not my only source of funding. Oh, and I will post the link to my profile on the PEPSI REFRESH project so, hopefully, you guys will vote for me to help my dream come true.
                Thanks,
                Tristin Pierce
                Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
                "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."
                sigpic
                flatlineradio.podomatic.com

Comment

Cool, once you get your haunt open using the Pepsi grant you can get Coke as a sponsor.
                  Originally posted by piercemanor View Post
                  I have literally been there, done that. But Thanks for the advice. And the Pepsi Refresh Project Only takes a thousand applications in a month, you have to be one of the top 2 grants to get funded. I have looked up the # of votes the past recipents have gotten, and you would be suprised at how low they were. I guess its not a SUPER popular project, but it is not my only source of funding. Oh, and I will post the link to my profile on the PEPSI REFRESH project so, hopefully, you guys will vote for me to help my dream come true.
                  Thanks,
                  Tristin Pierce

Comment

You can call it....THE HAUNTED PEPSI GRANT PROJECT....

Comment

Tristin

for right now you should concentrate on working on the haunt you are currently employed at to make it the BEST it can be. The day to day knowledge you will pick up will be PRICELESS down the road, no matter how small the amount of learning and experience it is. You have plenty of time to OWN your own haunt. PLUS, you've got those HOOTERS girls to keep you busy. (LOL !) Just my opinion as an outsider here. Remember, you gotta have fun first. (which I think your currently having). OK, man go get 'em!!! good luck!

Comment

I wish ya'll would give it a break. All this kids wants is attention, and yall are feeding him it.

Comment

Cheers for that!!

Thanks for screwing it up for the rest of us trying for the Pepsi Refresh project. I am planning a charity haunt and will be submitting an application to the Pepsi Refresh Project tomorrow night (won't go up for voting until August so no money until September). However I am planning on organizing the haunt for 2011 as there is NOT enough time to get a good haunt together by October if done properly so I will NOT be a complete dick and post a bogus request for a quick haunt. I am planning a haunt for an area that really needs the money.

I was going to submit a link to the video I will be posting but on second thought I'm worried about it being stolen (thanks to this 'blank') so will post after midnight tomorrow.

We are only asking for 50K so it is a tight but doable budget. If it is okay, I will post a link for voting if my application is accepted. Like I said, voting isn't until August so hopefully everyone will have forgotten this post until then.

Thanks to this dork, this has become a joke and now my idea seems like it isn't innovative or even a good one.

What a depressing thread, please delete it!

Comment

Rippers...

Im sorry, but im not the one making it look like a joke, but for you and I we are not competeing, im going for the highest one, but some of my projects money is going 2 saint judes, the rest is going right back into the haunt. If you post ur link on here i will be more than happy to vote for you, but in return i would request you vote for me if you want.
                            Thanks,
                            Tristin
                            Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
                            "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."
                            sigpic
                            flatlineradio.podomatic.com

Comment

hahahaha!

It seems every few years the minors reemerge to take over the threads with their hopes and dreams of creating a haunt! I really admire your desire for owning an attraction, I just can't say I agree with the path you're taking to get there.

...I too have thought about using the Pepsi Refresh project as a means for capital, however, I quickly got over that. There are other greater avenues to take. I had a chat with Leonard Pickel via facebook about a year ago and took some great notes on ways to "financing" a haunt...

I agree with Chuck...get involved with a haunt, as you never know the opportunities that it will grant you. I got involved with the Jaycees last season. There was a huge fallout between some members and now I'm a haunt keyholder who puts in a good 50% of the ideas, labor, creativity, etc. The experience I've gained in the last year, including going to the Transworld Convention in Missouri has been priceless. One day I hope to break away from the Jaycees and start my own attraction, but trust me, having hands on experience with actors, our budget, crowd control, etc. YOU CAN'T BUY THAT ANYWHERE!!

As everyone else has wished you...BEST OF LUCK...just don't toy with the people in the industry, because just as they are here to support you, their support can QUICKLY and EASILY do a 180...I've seen it time and time again...
                              O'Shawn McClendon
                              Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Okay

Pierce: let me know if you get your application in as I imagine competition will be tight. I thought about the 250K range but figured I would have a better chance at 50K as they are giving away 10 instead of 2. Also, forces more creativity which is why I am interested in this business to begin with.

I think we are still competing as I will be lobbying friends, family, contacts, and people in my neighborhood to vote for my haunted house idea so when they do a search it may be confusing. We'll see what happens.

Cool if we both win.

Comment

Working...
                                X