Spark Fence problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Fence problem

I have a friend back east in Canada and they are doing a simple spark fence using a battery charger. The one they had quit working and now every one that have bought won't spark. I believe they are building some anti-shorting device within the units.

Anyone have a similiar problem and a possible solution? I haven't used a spark fence in years and I just grabbed a unit from Auto Zone that worked fine. If this anti-shorting is common feature, anyway around it?

I won't be back there for a couple weeks and they actually have an event next week. Any suggestions that I can pass along??

Thanks
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Newer battery chargers are not like the older ones. Some pulse charge. I would suggest an older battery charger. Ebay????

Thanks

Comment

Pawn shops are good.
      This one looks promising.
      http://www.harborfreight.com/2-6-amp...ger-45005.html
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

In the new Morris catalog I noticed that sell a spark fence unit...

DA

Comment

Buy a stepdown 12v transformer with an amperage rating campatible to the chargers. That's all you need anyways. 120/??? volts going in, 12vdc going out.
          Just a thought,

Tom
          Tom
          Creator of the Dungeon
          WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Spark Fence Solution

Sears heavy duty works great. Just use the low setting for plenty of spark action.

Comment

Don't buy a cheap one. period! You have to get a good one, heavy duty, and I think the only way to get them is order them. We use them and the work just fine but they are 150.00 battery chargers not 30 dollar ones from walmart. That would be my suggestion. The other issue is how you use them can't hold the rod on the fence it will short out any battery charger.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
              X