No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your vacuform panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy your vacuform panels?

I am going to need a pretty good quantity of basic unpainted brick and stone vacuform panels for some new scenes we're doing.

Where do you guys get good pricing on basic unpainted vacuform panels?
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

For the price wouldnt the brick paneling be a more cost effective option. Its only $22 a sheet at Lowes
    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bizub View Post
      For the price wouldnt the brick paneling be a more cost effective option. Its only $22 a sheet at Lowes
      True, and that's what we've used in the past, but I really like the more '3D' effect of the vacuform panels..
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

I have bought vac form from almost every company. I would suggest you try this new company. They are way better quality and the price is very much lower. Heres the HW link below...give Doug a call

http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_...ad.php?t=11829

Xtreme

Comment

I don't know about better quality Nightscreams panels are the thickest most durable I've seen and painted very well. I'm sure your friends are good too but they look thinner to get those finer details but for good depth and rugged weight Nightscreams are great quality. Also Nightscreams are all a true 4x8 which makes a huge difference even if it's only and inch or so off it saves you major headaches.
          I would choose these two vendors, Scenic Services are very thin as are Provost....

DA
          Last edited by Darkangel; 05-30-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Bottom line... Nightscream Studios!! To date, best in the industry!! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Lets call a Duck a Duck

Those panels are produced by Kieth Korner not NightScream. NightScream sells them. I have over 100 of those panels. I also was there when they were being made. For my bathrm scene with tiles. I still have real full size tiles stuck to the back of my vac panels because theres was no mold made , they just throw in a bunch of tiles and then vacuumed formed it. Same goes with the castle stones. I have stones and sand stuck to the back of the panels.

Dougs new panels are just as thick. However the reason he has more fine detail is because he made proper NEGATIVE molds. Keith/Nightscreams does a positive mold. What I mean is they make an exact copy of whats already laid in the vac former which losses tons of detail. All the details are on the back of the panels in reverse.

Yes Doug is my friend ...but lets say it all..... Rodnys is your friend. Has nothing to do with it. Its quality and price period.

Your Turn...

Xtreme

Comment

Tons of people use vac form panels for all types of industries... really depends on what you are looking for. We use multiple different companies for wall panels two however that stick out are Scareparts (Keith) and Nethercraft.

The bottom line is those are two good companies but there are many more out there that do not do haunt specific stuff... the Academy Awards uses vac form and they buy from scenic shops. Just do a search. We use one company called who advertised in an older hauntworld magazine.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

John,

I've never met Rodney and who care who makes them I don't know the other guy either. I do remember Keith name as bashing him was how the man you all love so much Shane started off on these boards, remember that Shane?

Anyway I've never seen in person or touched your buddies panels but Nightscreams are the best we've all seen until proven otherwise...

DA

Comment

The panels that Keith makes and Rodney sells are good panels I've bought plenty don't care how the mold is made because the end result is still the end result... Keiths panels are strong and very think and I've never had one break.

We are going to make another DVD here down the road and we'll talk a lot more about vac form panels.

I've never bought any from this one guy someone keeps talking about but not opposed to it... for me its not about the who, what and where, its about what the panel is and can I use it.

I have bought tons of Keith panels in the past merely to cut them up into pieces and use just a part of it, or cut out a door, or whatever and in some cases use the whole panel.

I have been using vac form for 15 years or better... I would say it should be higher on peoples spending list than it is but that is your choice.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

A product is only as good as the company (individual) behind them. A great looking set of panels isn't so great if you never get them. Too bad haunters don't have an Ebay style rating system. Could save a lot of folks money and heartache.

Interesting though...some threads (like the folks involved) just don't seem to die when they're supposed to.....
                      http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ead.php?t=6070

Mistress DeSade
                      Kathryn DeSautell
                      Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Man, some of you guys just won't quit will you? That's old news, Keith has moved on and so should you. Everyone makes mistakes Keith did what he could to make it up to people it's time to move on and let go of the past.

Shane Dabbs was one of the most outspoken against Keith when he started out here and he was even at the Terrorfest event,(sorry we never ran into each other Shane).

The panels Rodney sells are great quality and painted skillfully, and they would be a sound investment for your haunt.

Allan

Comment

Allan, I'm frankly surprised at you. Having met you when I put together "the gathering" in Dallas at '04 I thought you were a stand up guy, so I'm guessing you don't know the facts.

Keith did NOT make me whole (and never an apology), so to suggest we should just "move on" is STILL siding with the thieves.

I'd guess that Shane was compelled to sign the "hush" form that I refused to sign. I filed a federal complaint under the Rico act-after 2 years of waiting on Keith to make amends, paying for a storage unit to safeguard the wrong items that were delivered the DAY I was supposed to open) and and left it there. His "willingness to negotiate" only came after he realized I had in fact been in touch with the state attorney general.

I am NOT the only haunter that has been cheated-and as long as haunters are willing to "look the other way" this type of deception will continue.

I'm only saying...if you're going to do business with companies that show a propensity to take advantage of people (and there seem to be more every day in the haunt community)-then don't be surprised when you have real life consequences.
                          Kathryn DeSautell
                          Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

My take....

Allen, Katheryn I respect you both. Allen I made an offer to settle and I did and I moved on even speaking and sitting at the dinner table with Keith as far as me I have moved on and will continue to do business with Rodney as long as he keeps putting out product.

Now I will say this in all respect if Katheryn has not been made whole then she does have the right to do what she has to do to be made that way. I have and will continue to be advocate for doing the right thing! I hope this gets resolved and they can move past this just as I did. It't never good but in time we all move on but we need to be placed back to where we were to be able to do that. You guys know I respect you all and I will continue to be honest and speak my mind! Good luck if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Allen how did we miss each other? Would have enjoyed seeing you! Shane and its good luck guys! Shane this time!
                            sigpic

Comment

Katheryn,

My own character should not be called in to question here. As far as us meeting, I think you might be confusing me with another Allan, or most likey it was Allen Hopps since you mentioned Dallas area? I've not had the pleasure of visiting Dallas yet.

I have heard a little about your situation, but I don't know both sides so I choose not to get involved. I've had positive dealings with Keith over several years and if he had problems in the past he seems to have learned from them and conducts good, clean, positive business at least from my perspective.

I appreciate your thoughts and am sorry for your past issues I hope for the best for you moving forward.

Shane, I think I saw you at the table eating, but you were kind of tied up with a full table. We were upstairs most of the time in the haunt, having some fun. Sorry we missed you!

Allan
                              Last edited by MDKing; 06-09-2010, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X