Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Questions

From a buyer perspective at the show, I have the following questions:

Is there an open wifi network for viewing websites of vendors available? It would be helpful to gather more info if needed.

Parking, is there a place to valet or park your car at the convention center? I know, dumb question, but where would the Transworld experts suggest? I have seen on the convention center website there is parking, but I was looking for that insider info to make it smoother.

Do alot of vendors bring cash and carry items? Any vendors reading this post plan on bringing a lot of cash and carry? I just want to gauge how much room to leave in my suitcase for body parts and makeup fx stuff. The DVD's will fit in the carry on

Ok, I must ask, are the wheelie bags frowned upon? It just seems so much easier to put catalogs and information into. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

The big parking lot and parking ramp is right across the street. There is a heated , totally enclosed tunnel crossing above the street from the parking ramp into the top of the convention center, it sometimes feels like a 3 mile walk but at least you are not out in the wind or waiting for a light to change.
    Wheeled bags probably once were not allowed many years ago when the aisles were narrow and the place seemed pretty crowded most of the time.
    You will be handed a book full of vender info and where they are located within the show.
    If you plan upon being on the show floor for quite a few hours don't pick up alot of flyers the first thing when you get there or you will be breaking your back carying all that stuff around all day long, know what I mean?
    The bigger venders will have things to catch your eye but make more than one trip through and notice the smaller tables they will have some amazing stuff too.
    Then there is The Dark Zone a haunted house set up and running, showcasing big, neat things, moving, hissing, and mostly very impressive.
    Don't get too scared!
    I won't tell you where the restrooms are because I make my money selling maps to them.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Maps to restroom and fibers of floor

Nice Jim, where is your booth? I am stopping by to get my vials of Transworld Chicago floor fibers and maps to the hopper

Nothing like porcelain cruises where the toilets don't spray you 10 feet in the air.

I keep waiting for the shark out of the toilet prop, but that’s another fecal matter.

Comment

Bring a small wheeled suitcase to carry your stuff. They are allowed now. There is a coat check area for about $3. The walkway from the garage may be covered and heated, but the garage itself is NOT and it's HUGE. You may not get a parking space anywhere close to the elevators and sky bridge.

Food INSIDE the convention center is sad and over priced. We found out last year that we COULD move the car without penalty. Considering that it's $11 or $12 to park, we didn't want to pay more than once so we ended up going hungry some years and 'pick nicking' out of a cooler in the car other years.

We find the best way to navigate is to start on one end and zig zag down the isle to the other end. As Jim said - LOOK at EVERYTHING! You never know where you'll find a golden nugget hidden among all the flash.
        ------------------------
        The child is grown, the dream is gone.
        I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Good stuff!

That is good information, thanks!

I appreciate the help. This would go well in a noob's guide to Transworld.

Maybe we could have a roller bag race in the Dark Zone. First one to the Scarefactory catalog wins

Comment

The Noobie's Transworld guide for next year:"Begin walking west down that long tube..NOW! All the way to Vegas.
            Or do that James Bond/pipeline trick!! And you are there!
            Take a wrong turn in the gas line and end up in Grandma's oven!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Scarlett: Are you saying that you can leave the parking garage for food and return on the same ticket?

Comment

Yes John - when you pay for parking you pay for the whole day! You can come and go on that parking ticket all day.

Comment

Yay! I'm free! Too bad parking isn't.

Comment

Parking there is expensive but still cheaper than putting your car on cruise-control , tie the steering whell off with a bunge cord and have it circle the block all day long.

I quit doing this a long time ago. spend the fee.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yes with gas pricies the way they are I will definitely spend the fee. I think the price covers the maintenance on the mile long hallway to the center.

Comment

Transworld

Do alot of vendors bring cash and carry items? Any vendors reading this post plan on bringing a lot of cash and carry? I just want to gauge how much room to leave in my suitcase for body parts and makeup fx stuff. The DVD's will fit in the carry on

Hey Milkunits - we are at booth 336/338 on the lower floor right next to Midnight Syndicate - Please stop by, we'll have a lot of great little items for you to drool over. Very affordable too.

Hope to see you at the Screamline Studios booth, just look for the 7ft tall two headed mutated Stilt Creature known to the industry as Horrificus.

Bring a Camera (shhhhh)

:twisted:
                        Steve Martini
                        Screamline Studios
                        www.screamlinestudios.com
                        steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Oh yeah CANDYBAR! Gonna Get a CANDYBAR!

For 2 points what movie...... Candybar, gonna get a candybar! Hint: Steve Martin

You are high on my list. I am going to get one of each of your half masks for some sock mask making fun for my studio at home. That was already one of my first items I plan to sprint in the convention center for.

I will have my wheelie cart behind me and may need a darn parachute on that baby!

I have to stop by the booth anyway for some guy with a lazy eye. I understand you guys dug this guy up for the big show and he is bringing gifts from the afterlife to the show. I can not wait to get my gift from this guy. I hear he puts of a pretty good aroma.

Can't wait!!!!!

Comment

Bill Murray in Little Shop Of Horrors. Now I have 2 points! YAY!!!!
                            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

2 points and I will mail you a ham sandwich.

You like ham sandwich?

I like them from gas stations myself!

Comment

Working...
                              X