2010 Scareside Floor-plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Scareside Floor-plan

Our new floor-plan for 2010. This year it is guaranteed to have 100% more frights and provide a longer scarier experience.

In years past the plan has really been driven by the grid pattern and what the garage can accommodate. As you all may know from last year my garage has a 20'x20' open area but whether that is all available or not is really up in the air. Last year's design used a 16'x20' space and was really squished in, by squished i mean you could actually walk around the outside of the haunt. This year we are still mashed for space as usual, but what the people last year said is that it was to short. So what do we do about this, well since we can't move we have incorporated more twist and turns along with some 3'x8' panels instead of the usual 4'x8' to allow for smaller hallways and tighter turns. The pictures below are a comparison from 2009 to 2010. Tell me what you think.

In addition to all that, we are again going to be pushing the limits of show control tech this year incorporating three times as many DMX fixtures, 3 Video effects, 6 new animatronics/animations, and lastly and a 6 zone triggered sound system so the audio in each room is triggered by the customer (runs like a movie soundtrack) More on that will be later.

Thanks for Looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scareside; 05-30-2010, 06:28 PM.
    Scareside Studios/ Haunted House

Plans

Sounds and looks like it should be fun and cant wait to hear more about the 6 zone sound system and how your working that.
    Grant Brott
    Haunted House Startup

Comment

I cant wait to hear more, what are the walls made out of? Modular wood? I would love to know more about your DMX ventures
      http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
      sigpic
      "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

The walls I'm using are four different sizes because of my garage dimensions but yes they are modular and made out of 2x3s - 3/8 inch plywood. My walls range in size and are, 7'4"x4', 7'4"x3', 8'x4', and 8'x3'.

My six zone sound system is a combination of a few different sound players.

For rooms without special events or animatronics I use a cheap little triggerable player called the "Dream Player". It's normally used for traintables but it plays back cd quality audio so it's great to use.

Dream Player: http://www.gadgettom.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=COOL-P

For scenes that use any animations, effects, or need just some control, I use a BooBox 8+ with DMX, Sound, and lot of other stuff.

BooBox 8+: http://www.frightideas.com/controllers/boobox-8.html

Comment

Everything looks great!
          What screnes are you using? It's hard to tell from the drawing.
          *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin King View Post
            Everything looks great!
            What screnes are you using? It's hard to tell from the drawing.
            It's going to be based around a toxic / insane asylum. I just love the insane asylum idea and for the most part have been going with it every year but changing it up of course.

It also fits in the technology kind of area because I love to use all sorts of special effects, screens, and 3d audio in the haunt. Kind of my technological horror playground if you wish. As an example the fist hallway I have this year is 12'x3'. I have already purchased 2 15" displays for the hallway with mounts, cables, and splitters, also a flash rope and made some security monitor footage to be played in the hallway. It is supposed to feel as if you are entering the hospital through a security check point of some kind.

More to come in the following weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds awesome!
              *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

If you need any help with technology (I'm kind of a geek)
                Or some graphics work I would be happy to help (providing I can stick it in my portfolio)

Comment

Working...
                X